It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am

Free Newsletter

its that time again, and i am not impressed ...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

its that time again, and i am not impressed ...

Postby sunshine » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:53 pm

So summer is nearly apon us and being in Central Qld, it gets very hot so I tried on some new swimwear, just one then gave up! I am still not happy with how I look, still have some wobbly bits, even after the bone crunching spin classes I have been doing and all the salads I have been having. I am not sure if I will ever be happy with how I look. I have lost weight but still have to firm up around the middle a bit, if I could lose my baby belly I would be happy. Any sure fire ways to get swimwear ready by December? Any one else feel like me? This yr i so want to get out in the water with the kids and not stay back because I am worried about how I look? Oh the pain, the pain :(
sunshine

Re: its that time again, and i am not impressed ...

Postby Freddy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:35 pm

More muscles mean more fat burning, so I say gain muscles around the wobbly bits.

Not sure if you've seen Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity? His six pack was created in one month, using all time he could find besides working for just ab crunches. One month!!
Freddy

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:08 pm

All i can suggest is up the muscle work. I know how your feeling, i thik pretty much everyone here can relate to having and hating the "wobbly" bits. Remember different colours and different styles can help cover and camoflage those wobbly bits until you have managed to work them off.
Freddy wrote:Not sure if you've seen Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity? His six pack was created in one month, using all time he could find besides working for just ab crunches. One month!!

I'm sure if we all had the time, money and help that Ryan reynolds we could get perfect looking abds in a month. mmm ryan reynolds mmmmmmmmmm (drool) sorry you've got me picturing his abs now :wink:
Tarz

Postby Freddy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:45 am

Tarz wrote:All i can suggest is up the muscle work. I know how your feeling, i thik pretty much everyone here can relate to having and hating the "wobbly" bits. Remember different colours and different styles can help cover and camoflage those wobbly bits until you have managed to work them off.
Freddy wrote:Not sure if you've seen Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity? His six pack was created in one month, using all time he could find besides working for just ab crunches. One month!!

I'm sure if we all had the time, money and help that Ryan reynolds we could get perfect looking abds in a month. mmm ryan reynolds mmmmmmmmmm (drool) sorry you've got me picturing his abs now :wink:

I get the point. However I'm a heterosexual man, I nearly start drooling thinking about his abs... Weird... However, remember that he DID have to work as well that month, so he may have had some time issues as well.
Freddy

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:46 am

Hey about the swimwear I would suggest Target swimmers. They have the tummy control one-peices (in a 20 year old and I LOVE thier one-peice swimwear ~wierd~) and they also sell the lightweight wraps (you can swim in them) and the little swim skirts.

I dont live near the beach so no swimwear worries for me, buuut I do have a friend who has a pool and we all go have drinkypoos and a swim through summer (and the BEST New Years parties).

mmmmm aaabbbs mmmmmm (daydreams and silently cheers -the bf is actually doing situps behind me RIGHT NOW- he will have abs by summer woot.)
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:02 pm

sunshine wrote:So summer is nearly apon us and being in Central Qld, it gets very hot so I tried on some new swimwear, just one then gave up! I am still not happy with how I look, still have some wobbly bits, even after the bone crunching spin classes I have been doing and all the salads I have been having. I am not sure if I will ever be happy with how I look. I have lost weight but still have to firm up around the middle a bit, if I could lose my baby belly I would be happy. Any sure fire ways to get swimwear ready by December? Any one else feel like me? This yr i so want to get out in the water with the kids and not stay back because I am worried about how I look? Oh the pain, the pain :(

Crunches are good. Very good. So good infact, I should start doing them again...I have a martial arts grading in December (bring on my first physically torturous grading IN THE HEAT!! WooHoo!)...Anyhoo. One of my boyfriends mates is PT and he's said that there's a few different types of sit-ups that "attend" to different wobble middle bits (I have those also...only downfall to losing 20kgs in 6 months). From what I can remember of what he's told me:

The normal kind (flat on your back with your knees bent) - The upper middle bits...also does your back too i think. -don't put your hands behind your head though, it'll end up hurting your kneck. Instead, put your hands on top or your thighs and as you sit up, see if you can get your fingers past your knees.

On your back with your knees pulled up and feet of the floor. (kinda like a foetal possition on your back) - Good for lower abs.

Side crunches. (like normal, but point your knees to one side, then the other. - Obleques - "side abs"

I dunno if that helped or just made me sound like a know it all, hehe.

Good luck.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby Freddy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:30 am

miranda*jane wrote:The normal kind (flat on your back with your knees bent) - The upper middle bits...also does your back too i think. -don't put your hands behind your head though, it'll end up hurting your kneck. Instead, put your hands on top or your thighs and as you sit up, see if you can get your fingers past your knees.

Besides that you will be pulling up your body with mostly your arms and your back, leaving out most of the abs. So it actually hardly gives you any ab exercise at all.
Freddy

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:21 am

Freddy wrote:Besides that you will be pulling up your body with mostly your arms and your back, leaving out most of the abs. So it actually hardly gives you any ab exercise at all.

That too, yes.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Return to Weight loss Talk