It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:37 am

Free Newsletter

How do you guys manage meat?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you guys manage meat?

Postby 8039 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:52 pm

I need some sort of meat product to go into my daily lunch salads/sandwiches but I'm no where near organized enough to defrost the meat hours before I make the salad. I use tuna but because of mercury I should only eat it 4 times a week. The other 3 I don't know what to do, canned meat is too high in sodium and tastes like ass.

Re: How do you guys manage meat?

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:01 pm

Why don't you buy some deli meats? Or in the deli section you can buy some precooked chicken or turkey that has been smoked and you cut it your self, you can reheat it or have it cold on your sandwiches, Hope this helps.
Tarz

Postby 8039 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Tarz wrote:Why don't you buy some deli meats? Or in the deli section you can buy some precooked chicken or turkey that has been smoked and you cut it your self, you can reheat it or have it cold on your sandwiches, Hope this helps.

Oh good idea :wink:

Postby 8039 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

What are some low-sodium deli meats?

Postby Rosie Peters » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 pm

I always go for good quality ham off the bone and turkey from the deli. When I (dry) roast a fillet, we don't eat it all at night and leftovers get cut up for sandwiches or salad.

You can have days without meat at lunch and open a can of chickpeas or kidney beans onto your salad or grab some low fat fetta. (I did that today) :D

I prepare breakfast, snacks and lunches before I make dinner in the late afternoon. Just a ritual now.
Rosie Peters

Postby electrongirl » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:22 pm

I used to grill a chicken breast with some herbs and dice it up to have on my salad the next day. You can do the same with a piece of steak or any meat really. Just make extra when your making dinner.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby warriorcat » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:38 pm

I don't manage meat! I'm a Vegan! :D But before being Vegan I didn't really eat meat for lunch just as my normal protein for dinner.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkR2Tlx/]
[/url]
warriorcat

Postby Freddy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:56 am

I manage meat just by chewing and swallowing. But hey, I'm a man!

Seriously, my wife buys a load of meat that's been downpriced, then she throws most of it in the freezer. When we need meat, I get my bike out of the shed in the morning, and take a small pack of meat out as well and put that in a small box in the kitchen. By the time I get back home it's been unfrozen and ready to cook :)
Freddy

Postby SarahC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:42 am

I know, what about a meat loaf?? I am vegetarian (I make a great vegetarian meat loaf btw) so I can't say how well it would keep in the fridge/freezer. Just slice it up to the right size for the sandwiches :)
SarahC

Postby MissMinx » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Deli meats for sure! low sodium choices! chicken and turkey all the way!!
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:37 am

Sanitarium Veggie delights. Protien and less fat and YUMMY. Best with is the sausages cook on a sanwich press in about 3-5 mins. Mmmm that reminds me I better go pull my meat out of the freezer for dinner tonight.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:56 pm

yoyogirl88 wrote:Sanitarium Veggie delights. Protien and less fat and YUMMY. Best with is the sausages cook on a sanwich press in about 3-5 mins. Mmmm that reminds me I better go pull my meat out of the freezer for dinner tonight.

Those are pretty high in sodium from memory though and I think they wanted low sodium stuff.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:49 pm

The BBQ ones are better than the regualr ones. and they are def lower in sodium than canned meat.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby PenM » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:29 pm

8039 wrote:I need some sort of meat product to go into my daily lunch salads/sandwiches but I'm no where near organized enough to defrost the meat hours before I make the salad. I use tuna but because of mercury I should only eat it 4 times a week. The other 3 I don't know what to do, canned meat is too high in sodium and tastes like ass.

buy grilled chicken. I eat chicken 5-6 times a week and have no issue with my weight at all after that.
PenM

Return to Weight loss Talk