It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Duromine advice??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Duromine advice??

Postby starbuck83 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi all

I started taking duromine 2 weeks ago. The first 4 days i started on 15mg, no side effects at all and was still hungry during the day. On the 5th day i started on 30mg which was heaps better. Still no side effects, the only thing is a dry mouth but apart from that I cant complain.

I find that im not as hungry as usual, im having bowl of cereal for lunch, salad sandwich for lunch piece of fruit in afternoon and healthy dinner, so i am still making sure i eat during the day and not starve myself and exercising at the gym 4 days a week for an hour at a time.

The question i want to ask others that have tried this is I was thinking of changing to the 40mg. As it is on the 30mg, yes im not as hungry as i used to be, i sometimes feel a bit hungry in the evening and the tablets have not given me any extra energy at all. I get up at 6 am and have the tablet and im ready to go to bed by 8.30 pm.

I wondered if anyone here is currently taking 40mg and how it is working for them. I go back to the docs 2mrw for my first 2 week review to see how im going etc and wondered if I should take a stronger dose

All suggestions are welcome :D
Thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/was43CY/]

SW 130kg (06/09/08)
GW 99 Kgs (then make another goal)
1st mini goal 120kgs (reached on 19/09/08)
2nd mini goal 110kgs
Main Mini Goal 99 kgs by April 2009
starbuck83

Re: Duromine advice??

Postby warriorcat » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 am

Hi Starbuck83,

I am currently on the Duromine 40mg but I have never been on any other dosage so can't really compare to the others.

I think the things to consider before switching are:
* What was your sleeping pattern like before? If you were usually going to bed around 8:30pm (like i do every night :D) then I probably wouldn't go any higher because maybe your body needs to sleep. Also Duromine is more an appetite suppressant than a stimulant despite what other people say about it being "speed". It's normal to be a bit peckish on it. I find i'm really hungry in the morning before i've taken it.
* Are you getting enough vitamins and especially Iron with the little that you are eating? If not, maybe take a supplement for a while first.
*Have you gone from doing no exercise, to exercising hard? Again your body is probably tired and wants to go to bed and i don't think it would be very good to force it to work harder (but then again, a lot of people would say we shouldn't be taking Duromine in the first place!)

I would probably finish the rest of your 30mg and see how you go before switching as it does take time for your body to adjust to the routine.

But have a chat with your doc and see what he/she says.

Anyway good luck :) and let us know how you go! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkR2Tlx/]
[/url]
warriorcat

Postby starbuck83 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Thanks for your feedback warriorcat!!

I decided to stick to the 30mg once i went to see the doctor and weighed myself after 2 weeks on them and realised i had lost 10kg!!! I didnt think i had lost anything thats another reason why i was considering upping the dosage. I understand that thats a lot to loose in 2 weeks but i was exercising like crazy aswell and i know that would have contributed to the loss aswell, i will not do as much in the coming weeks as i dont want to lose the weight to quick cause i know it will find its way back

So thanks and good luck to urself aswell!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/was43CY/]

SW 130kg (06/09/08)
GW 99 Kgs (then make another goal)
1st mini goal 120kgs (reached on 19/09/08)
2nd mini goal 110kgs
Main Mini Goal 99 kgs by April 2009
starbuck83

Postby s_shama » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:10 pm

wow!! 10 kgs in 2 weeks!!!!!! Thats a lot to lose! Well done!!!
Im on duro 40mg i have tried the 15 & 30 mg & find that the 40mg does a god job wiht me however i do have a few sleepless nights but take some kind of sleeping pill for that....
About the extra energy - it really depends in what kind of mind frame you're at the time you take the pill, i find that sometimes when i feel good & motivated i have more energy so along with duro i clean the house & do all my chores without a problem.
Hope your weight loss will continue & keep us posted :)
s_shama

Postby Johnny_walts » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:32 pm

It is really very nice. I am also suggesting you the For mantian the weight fast,safe and easy you have to go on a simple way.Like
1.Take light food.
2.Take nutritional food.
3.Do exercises for weight loss.
4.Avoid fast food.
5.Avoid junk food.
6.Avoid Non.veg.
7.Take fruits & vegetables.
Johnny_walts

Return to Weight loss Talk