It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Free Newsletter

What else do I need to add to my diet?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What else do I need to add to my diet?

Postby 8039 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Today I had

breakfast
Ommlette with 3 eggs and glass of full milk

lunch
salad with ~40 grams of cos lettuce, red pepper, yellow pepper, tomatoe, cucumber with 100 grams of brine tuna with teaspoon of dressing

tea
orange, bannana and glass of full milk into a smoothie (thinking of using fortified soy milk)

dinner
Steam celery with rice

How would you modify this diet?

Re: What else do I need to add to my diet?

Postby MissMinx » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Depending on how much weight you want to lose but if you have to be strict I'd go for something like the following:

Breakfast is good although with the 3 eggs you're using just make sure you only have 1 of the egg yolks. Also every second day you could have 40g oats with skim milk and water in the microwave...great breakfasts!

Lunch is great! You could also buy Mountain bread and stick in 100g of shaved chicken/turkey and fill it up with salads.

Snack - try not to use full cream milk and definitely have soy if you like it.

Dinner - 150g meat/fish (grilled or lightly fried) and lots of green veggies, salad. No carbs at night and definitely not white rice.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby 8039 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:02 pm

MissMinx wrote:Depending on how much weight you want to lose but if you have to be strict I'd go for something like the following:

Breakfast is good although with the 3 eggs you're using just make sure you only have 1 of the egg yolks. Also every second day you could have 40g oats with skim milk and water in the microwave...great breakfasts!

Lunch is great! You could also buy Mountain bread and stick in 100g of shaved chicken/turkey and fill it up with salads.

Snack - try not to use full cream milk and definitely have soy if you like it.

Dinner - 150g meat/fish (grilled or lightly fried) and lots of green veggies, salad. No carbs at night and definitely not white rice.

Hey thanks for the reply. Well I need to lose about 25kg or 20 if I keep some muscle. I'm a pretty lean guy so I need as much protein as possible with the breakfast. Although every second day I eat 4-5 wheetbix with milk and honey (trying oatmeal again, it used to give me hearburn).

Alternative for lunch is wholemeal bread with mayo, meat, tomatoe and cucumber (maybe some cheese)

and dinner, well everyday I try something different because I don't know many healthy (easy) recipes so I see what I can do. Buying all healthy ingridients for full recipes in Melbourne is realllly expensive.

Postby MissMinx » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:50 am

That sounds great to me!

Eat plenty of protein throughout the day you cant go wrong.

Get creative with dinner like last night for example after work I came home and got some free range chicken breasts and chopped them up in big chunks, marinated them in some fat free french dressing, garlic, parsley and pepper...chucked it in the fridge for at least half and hour and then after my exercise I lightly fried them to a golden brown colour - it was so tasty! And lots of green veggies steamed asparagus, brussel sprouts, broccoli! I was satisfied.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:30 am

If you decide to use the soy go for the no fat or lite one as soy milk is just as bad as full milk when it comes to fat and what not (my dr told me). Ive been on soy for nearly 2 years now and i LOVE it.
Also for breakfast I have 2 wheatbix with a cup of lite soy milk which is nummy. which is good to have somedays.

I love the sanitarium veggie delight sausages (the BBQ ones) 2 of those with dinner has HEAPS of protien with nowhere near the fat content of regualr sausages. The protien at dinner time is good.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby jessica86 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:49 am

3 eggs for brekkie is way too much, especially if ur having it everyday. id go with the one yolk, the rest egg white, as already suggested here.

lunch looks good, but maybe some complex carbs like a piece of multigrain bread or some wholegrain pasta.

dinner, id avoid carbs, and go for more protein, like some lean meats or vegetarian sausages/tofu or lentil burgers.

id also be getting rid of that full cream milk and going skin or low fat soy.

are you having any other snacks during the day, or just the afternoon tea? id try having a morning tea, with some low fat yogurt to keep up the calcium. a handful of nuts are also great for protein, just watch the portion size.

<3 jess
jessica86

Return to Weight loss Talk