It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26 am

Free Newsletter

Noticeable weight loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Noticeable weight loss

Postby Angel » Tue May 16, 2006 1:19 pm

Hey all,

When did people start noticing that you had lost weight and commenting on it.

I've lost just shy of 10kgs and no one has noticed :( . Don't get me wrong, I'm not losing weight for the comments but its great for motivation when people notice the change in you and I feel so very different, I'm just amazed that no one else can see the change.

When I lose weight my face gets thinner so even if they don't notice the shrinkage in my hips, they should be able to see it in my face :( .
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 16, 2006 3:49 pm

Well done Angel on the weight loss. You are doing so well. It has taken you a long time to lose that weight tho remember. So unless people haven't seen you since before your weight loss, then they aren't likely to notice. Most people haven't said much to me, well it's only 2kg but I look like I have lost about 5 or 6 from the toning up. Only people that I see every now and then have said something. Plus people(such as a sister in law that lost a lot of weight a few years ago) don't want to give you a compliment! She had put on a bit of weight last time I saw her and she didn't say 1 word about my weight loss. I thought bugger ya I won't be commenting on any weight loss you have in the future!!! It is lovely to get the compliments thats for sure.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Tue May 16, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi Angel

I have lost 8.9kg and I had my first comment this week from a lady who is not in my team and doesn't know I am losing weight. I actually didn't expect anyone to notice till I had lost about 15kg. But apart from that noone seems to have noticed. They don't realise I no longer fit any of the regular pants I wear and wear belts to keep them up (I don't want to buy any new clothes just yet).

I do get comments from people who know I am losing weight but still they looked shocked when I say how much, I think they just say it to encourage me rather than actually noticing. I figure as they see me everyday they wouldn't notice it the same.

Oh and no guys ever say anything only the females. Plus I am still wearing all the same clothes they are just either baggy or held up by belts so I figure some new clothes in a smaller size may bring some comments. I am into my size 16's that I haven't got into for some time, though they are a little tight but hey that just keeps me fired up to lose more.

One lady (who is also losing weight) showed me a photo or myself in one of the staff publications celebrating something or other and I was wearing this burgundy cardigan that is part of a twin set and it was too small for me (one size fits all!! yeah right!). Anyway I have decided I will once again don the one size fits all burgundy cardigan (when it fits better of course) and then do a compare photo. Oh and by the way I can get the cardigan buttoned up now, I should never have been wearing that back then. :shock:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Wed May 17, 2006 9:01 am

Well done Kim! It feels great when you can fit into clothes that were too tight before. But unless you lose heaps of weight, most people won't comment. Some people are afraid to comment. My aunt once said it's funny when you lose weight and people notice and say wow haven't you lost a lot of weight you look great, but when you put it on nobody says geez you have put a heap of weight on you look crap!! Most people are surprised if I tell them how much I weigh because I don't look like I weight 70kgs. Well 69 now but hey there really isn't much difference! Plus the reason most of us, if not all of us, are losing weight, is to be healthier people. And to look good for ourselves. I'm not doing it for anyone else. My main aim is to be fit and if I can be a bit smaller then that is a big advantage. I still eat way too much but at least I am looking fitter. In pommy land they call looking good fit. It's so weird when my mate says o she is a fit woman!!! It's like what are you talking about. But you can be fit and fat as well as fit and thin. Ali G says it all the time as well, o she is fit! But that is the mentality of the population, if you are fit then you are thin! Well I have proven it wrong! Anyway where have I gone with this post!!!! :lol:
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Wed May 17, 2006 6:43 pm

And to add to that Rochelle, you can be thin and not fit. Don't worry about where the post went I enjoyed reading it all the same. My hubby is English so I know what you mean about the 'fit' comment.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Angel » Thu May 18, 2006 9:06 pm

Even my Mum knows I've been trying to lose weight and has not said a word, she's usually one of the first to say something, oh well, guess I'll just have to be patient.

Great news about doing up those buttons on the cardy KimE, its a great feeling when you notice that the hard work we put in is finally paying off.

I was just thinking, perhaps I should try wearing something other than my usual attire - tracky daks and baggy windcheaters!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 19, 2006 7:08 am

I think I was around 10-15kg down when people started to notice, but if people have been constantly around you, they may not notice as it's been a gradual thing. You get the best reactions from people who haven't seen you in a little while.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Groovychic » Fri May 19, 2006 10:35 am

Thats it Angel........if you have been wearing baggy clothes they aren't going to notice. I was wearing these pants a few weeks ago that before chrissy when I bought them they were so tight they looked stupid......but hey I still wore them!!! And when I was talking to my mum i pulled my top up and pulled the top of the pants out and said look how big these are on me now!!! She said ooo were they tight before...doh!!! I said yeah I could hardly do them up. She probably thinks I stretched them or something. My mother is very obsessed with her own weight. Not that she is fat by any means but she is determined to be like 50kg. She is about 52 or 53kg and she has got a bit of a tummy now and hates it!!! So she is trying all sorts of things. CSIRO diet never worked for her. Her body wasn't used to her eating so much food and she of course put weight on. She is not a big eater anyway. I think the CSIRO diet would be good for average to large eaters but not for people that eat very healthy anyway. A woman that works with her was on it and lost a few kilos and cms off her stomach thats why she decided to try it. But she is a healthy eater anyway. So she has gone back to the ball. So after going way off track yet again, it might just be the clothes you are wearing Angel, they are too baggy on you for them to really be able to tell. Come summer and you'll get out in the little tight tops and shorts and they are sure to notice!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Fri May 19, 2006 6:10 pm

You're right. Today I wore a top I bought about 8 months ago and never wore as it must have some lycra crap in it and it shows of everything and just looked horrible on me. The damn thing is an 18 and it is still tight although now it sits nice. I got comments from that from some of the ladies who sit near by that they could see I had lost weight and had a few others just tell me I looked nice. It felt good. Have decided to go through my wardrobe this weekend and see what fits and what doesn't. So long as the clothes don't look too ridiculously baggy I will continue to wear them. Not keen on buying too many new clothes just yet and I am sure I will find smaller clothes in there that I can now fit, so what if they're 5 years out of date!! :lol:
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Fri May 19, 2006 7:17 pm

It's amazing what you find that you have thrown to the back because it was too small!!! It's like getting new clothes all over again! Well done Kim. You are doing so well. You are an inspiration to us all. And who said in the beginning that they got stuck at 7kgs!!!! You have flown past that!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Sat May 20, 2006 5:17 pm

Thanks Rochelle. I am glad I got past that was a big relief.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Weight loss Talk