It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Free Newsletter

No motivation... Already!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

No motivation... Already!

Postby mumofone » Tue May 16, 2006 4:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I need some motivation today. It's only the second day in and I am quickly losing focus. I have been for a walk for about 40 minutes so far but haven't attempted my exercise bike yet. I am coming up with every excuse possible not to do it.. I think my mind is trying to play tricks on me! Yesterday I walked for longer and used my exercise bike 5 times for 20 minutes each session. I think i'm just being lazy.

Anyone else out there in 'no-exercise' mode? :( :x

Postby KimE » Tue May 16, 2006 7:39 pm

Hi mumofone, don't be too hard on yourself. 40 mins walk is a good start. Walking is an excellent form of exercise. I walk during my lunch break every week day for 30-50 mins. Admittedly I do other exercise as well now but if I don't get to anything else I still count that walk towards getting healthier and fitter.

Also if you haven't exercised for awhile you need to build it up slowly. Maybe set mini goals like increasing the walk by 10% each week or setting a kilometre challenge. There is one of these going in the challenge forum already. Maybe find a walking partner or get some exercise DVD's/videos to add variety to the exercise you are doing.

I know, I know easier said than done. However, don't just 'want' to do it, choose to do it. Make it a choice rather than a chore. Geez I'm sounding corny now!! :lol:

Good luck! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Dolly » Tue May 16, 2006 9:35 pm

Hi Mumofone, reading some of these reasons to lose weight might keep you on focus -

Postby Groovychic » Wed May 17, 2006 8:50 am

Kim is right mumofone, you need to set yourself a goal. The walking challenge in the challenge section is a good way to start. Don't worry about what other people are putting in as their goals, as it is reaching our goals that is the idea of the challenge, not beating each other. Tho seeing what Tanya used to walk made me do that little bit more in the beginning! See she's not doing the challenge anymore and I am slacking off...tut tut tut!!! So maybe you could do something like me. I've just got my bike sorted out, a push bike, not an exercise bike, and I have set myself 8km for the week for that. Next week I will say 10 and so on. I used to have a goal of 50km for my walking but having been sick or things on etc I have cut it down to 40km this week. I am determined to make it to goal this week as I haven't the last couple of weeks. So maybe you could set yourself 25km for walking and 10 or so for the exercise bike. Or if you can manage more than that on the bike make it 25 each. But just remember, you are only setting yourself up for disappointment if you aim too high in the beginning. I look forward to seeing you in the challenge then. And you can start now and insert what you have done in the last 2 days as well! Just take that into account while setting your goals. :D

Keep Smiling!!!

Return to Weight loss Talk