It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

Is it just a coincidence? (Maybe a bit TMI)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Is it just a coincidence? (Maybe a bit TMI)

Postby Nay » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:42 pm

Was wondering if anyone else has the same issue as I do:

I don't get my 'monthly visitor' regularly. I have Implanon (for anyone not sure, its a contraception in the form of an implant that is injected into your arm and stays there for three years) which makes them very irregular - I think the last time I had a period was about three or four months ago?

I have made an observation that every time I start an excersise regime or a healthy eating regime after not doing these things for a while, after the first or second day, i get that special visitor...I thought it was just a coincidence, but it always seems to happen!

Do you think this is a coincidence or something more?? Just curious - and frustrated as the last thing I want to do is exercise and eat right at that time!!!

What do you reckon??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Re: Is it just a coincidence? (Maybe a bit TMI)

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:56 pm

I've heard that exercise and eating patterns can effect them. I couldn't tell you for sure, I'm on the pill, so mine are like clock work (thank heavens). If it worries you though, and I know this will sound very odd, I can ask my mum. She's a nurse/midwife and always seems to know the answers . . . as most mums tend to.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby Nay » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks miranda*jane. That's ok, I'm not worried at all, just a bit baffled that's all. Its a massive pain in the bum but I've survived the week with healthy eating (not exercising though!) and will see how I go next week.
[/url]
Nay

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:09 pm

I know what a kick in the ass exercising at "that time" is, I play softball and do Zen Do Kai, with or without. It can get a lil uncomfortable, (this'll sound queerer than the mum comment) I leave my pretty nickers in the drawer when I go to training or to a game. I kinda forget about it once I get going. Makes me feel better in the long run.

Eating healthy anyway is good. Congrats on that, you're stronger than me lol.

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby Nay » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 am

Thanks miranda*jane. I'm ok with the healthy eating bit, that's not a problem - unless something stresses me out then I'm reaching for the chocolate!! I've been good since Monday with no slip ups so yay me! The problem is that i'm not losing weight just by eating healthy and am thinking its time to get back on the cross trainer. Ugh!!! In the past I've been so tired, (which is why I haven't been exercising) moody, have had bloating and stomach cramps and I put it down to a food intolerance. I've switched to gluten free for four weeks to see if that makes a difference and so far, I don't feel as tired, and bloating has subsided a bit (although it is still TTOTM so will have to wait and see) It's only been a week so we will see how it goes.

Just a question, what is Zen Do Kai?

Keep up the training and healthy eating will follow! Seriously, I whine and groan at having a salad for lunch, but when I've finished, I'm so glad I did!!! Try it! I went to Hamilton Island last year for my sister's wedding and was following the Celebrity Slim diet - I couldn't have any carbs - of course there was whinging as I felt like on holiday you should be able to eat what you want!! But I felt pretty proud of myself for choosing the right foods! Water was my best friend there (it was so hot!) and I never drink water!! It spun my bf out! It gives me a bit of confidence and happiness knowing that i'm putting healthy nutritious foods into my body.

Bye for now xx
[/url]
Nay

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 am

Zen Do Kai is a style of matrial arts...like karate, only better. It's a mix of everything, Muay Thai, Boxing, Winchung, Judo, Wrestling...little bits and peices of everything. It's Japanise. Works on a belt system (white, yellow, orange, blue, green, brown, black - then the ten degrees). I'm currently a blue belt and my boyfriend is a first degree black...so I have my very own instructor. His dad is a probationary second dregree and his younger sister got her brown belt the same day i got my blue.

It's great for self defence and confidence. Fitness and (owing to the push ups and sit ups, among other things) a little toning as well. It's not difficult to pick up either.

Depending on where abouts you are in Adelaide would depend on what dojo (training place) you'd go to. I know of one in Golden Grove, cause a few of the guys that used to train in Pirie train there. If you're interested, I can have a look for you, or you could have a look at the website (http://www.bobjonesmartialarts.com.au) it's got a heap of information on there about the style and stuff.

Good luck with everything!

<3 M
miranda*jane

Postby Nay » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Thanks for that but in between study, work, looking after my daughter and running the house, I don't have time for much else! Can't wait till I get some spare time again...three and a half years and counting!!
[/url]
Nay

Postby Jisgone » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:59 pm

i have implanon too and find the exact same thing... i honestly believed i was just crazy haha
i have no idea why it is
Jisgone

Postby Nay » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:52 pm

interesting...thought it was just me!
[/url]
Nay

Postby Czarina » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:45 pm

While we are on the subject of Implanon, I am considering getting it and I'm wondering how those ladies who have it find it? I get extremely bad period pain (Mum has endometriosis, I suspect I do too) and was wondering if it helps with the pain at all? I definitely don't want to get it if I'm going to be having unpredictable pain!
Czarina

Postby Nay » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:40 pm

I personally think its great. I got it so I don't get periods cause I hate them so much. I find that for the first year, I don't get my period then after a year, they come back irregular. (i've changed implanon after a year three times so I don't get irregular periods) I wouldnt know if it would help with the pain apart from not getting your period. Either the implanon, or my body is unpredictable though..I had a period last week, it went away for two days and now its back and I'm feeling some discomfort. I think implanon reacts differently for each person. Some like it, others dont. It's hard to tell how your body would react unless you try it. You can always take it out. My friend gets the needles that last for three months. She doesn't get her period also and I've heard no complaints from her. Hope this helps.
[/url]
Nay

Return to Weight loss Talk