It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm Ashamed Too

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm Ashamed Too

Postby Fairie » Thu May 18, 2006 10:22 am

Hi everyone,

I have not been in for awhile and when I went to get weighed last week, first one in 2 months I had put on 3 kilo's :oops: :(

I know exactly how you feel Tas, we have been renovating as well and I know I wasn't eating properly but I was either too busy or too tired. Now I can't seem to get myself into the right frame of mind.

We have had so many things to go too, a friends 50th, my Uncles 70th as well as so many meals out. We also had a big family BBQ for Mothers Day and then a party for my nieces going away, she is off to America for 5 months. We are going away with friends for the weekend and in 2 weeks we will have another 3 nights away at a resort. (I entered a Travel Auction last year)

Now I am finding it so hard to get myself into the right frame of mind and get back on track. I feel so worn out after looking after the birds for 2-3 weeks on my own while Gerry did most of the work in the kitchen and can't seem to find the energy or motivation anymore.

I am hoping by spending more time here I will find myself again.

Sorry for the long post I thought by writting this all down I might feel better.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Thu May 18, 2006 11:35 am

Oh Fay, how awful having all those challenges in the past, present and future.
To help me get my mentality back on track I figured I needed to play a little mind game with myself.
I thought of an aging slim celebrity that I admire (Jane Seymour) And when I enter the kitchen I say to myself what would Jayne Seymour do? I reply well she wouldn't eat those biscuits and those chocolates and I turn around and walk out again. Jane is into isometrics a cross between yoga & Pilates where most of the stretching exercises are done on your back.

Perhaps you could play that mind game too.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Thu May 18, 2006 7:21 pm

Try not to worry too much about things Fay. I know it is sooooo depressing when you don't lose anything, let alone put it on. I take weeks and weeks to lose just a half kilo the put it back on in 1 day! You just have to get over this lump in the road and move on. Easier said than done but you just have to do it. Have a fab time away tho. Make sure you enjoy yourself and try to do a little exercise, you'll feel happier and won't feel so guilty about what you are eating etc.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby tess88 » Fri May 19, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi EVeyrone,
I just dont know what im doing wrong? For three weeks i have had a personal trainer for three nights/week and all the other nights of the week i go for a bike ride for at least thirty minutes. I have been eating healthily because my trainer has set out what to eat everyday. I havent eaten anything sweet/ fatty/ unhealthy in three weeks and I dont seem to have lost any weight! Its driving me crazy!! Do you think it will last a while or should my weight shift soon?
Tessa
tess88

Postby Groovychic » Fri May 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Tess, you are building up muscle. I'm surprised your trainer hasn't told you that already! Did your trainer measure you before you started your weight loss goal??? I think you need to hunt through your wardrobe for something that was a little tight before you started your exercise program and try it on. I'm sure you will be surprised. Don't go by the scales. They only confuse you!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Return to Weight loss Talk