It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Reductil

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Reductil

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone has tried / is trying Reductil?

I spoke to my GP about my frustration with my climbing (and now plateued) weight. I put on about 20kg in the last two years due to prescription medication and poor food choices / lack of exercise. I am at my peak of 78kg (which at 154cm is heavy!).

The past 3 months I have been really trying - walking up to 5 times a week (1 hour / strenuous), drinking less booze and diet soft drink and HEAPS more water (aim is 2.5L a day when execsing), eating better and even seen a hypnotherapist to get to to root of my lack of motivation / self-control. Whilst I haven't GAINED weight, the scales are stuck at 78kg.

My GP recommended Reductil as it is supposed to a) boost your metabolism (after years of yo-yo dieting mine is shot) and b) descrease appetite (I really struggle with this element). He avoided Zenical as it works on eliminating fat that has been consumed, and my diet is relatively low fat (portion control, too many carbs are my issues. Duromine wasn't suggested as it is addictive and he won't prescribe it.

After a week, I feel really good. My food obsession is completely gone (which is INCREDIBLE for me!) as I seem to be eating when genuinely hungry. I feel full after much less food and am craving light meals like salad and fruit. My hunger is still there at afternoon tea etc (some reports I've read online say that people lose their appetite completely) but an apple really fills me up whereas I could've knocked off two HUGE sandwhiches in the past to feel this full. Right now I'm going to have a little bowl of steamed veg to ward off the pre dinner hunger pangs - usually I'd buter a big hunk of bread.

I've yet to weigh in (going to weigh in monthly) and haven't execised this week as I've been really busy with work / social commitments, but will get back to my walking next week.

No adverse side effects (maybe a bit of heartburn, but very mild), and I am less tired at night (used o go to bed by 9pm, now can stay up till 11pm and am up feeling bright at 6am).

Anyone else on it?
Lush Gal

Re: Reductil

Postby Ambryi » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:45 pm

I've never even heard of it - its prescription I guess? Not over the counter?

Sounds like you're having some success with it though - I'll be interested to see how it works out for you! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi all,

Just an update.

Well I've yet to weigh (going to go the full month before I check) but my appetite has definitely decreased and my food obsession is practically gone. This is monumental for me!!!

Yes, it is prescription based ($80-90 a month, but that's cheaper than any shake program I've tried).

I have been a bit naughty with my alcohol (a big month of birthdays, celebrations etc) and haven't stuck to water intake (aiming for 3L a day) or exercise :oops: . But I still feel good, and my walking buddy and I are starting up tomorrow.

I'll keep you all posted on the actual weightloss when I weigh in.
Lush Gal

Postby HealthyLiving8 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:30 am

Does anyone know if you are allowed to carry REDUCTIL on an airplane during an international flight?
HealthyLiving8

Postby liz66 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:46 am

Hi Lushgal,

How are you going with the reductil? You probably would have had a weigh in by now. I started reductil a week ago and I'm also thrilled with the way it's taken away my food obsession. Instead of thinking about food all day everyday, I have to remind myself to eat! I'm sticking to a healthy meal/snack plan and doing some light exercise - I'm too unfit to do too much as yet. Although my BMI wasn't quite into the obese range, my body fat percentage is over 40, which definitely puts me way over into the obese range (according to a website I just looked at, 25 - 31% is acceptable, 32 - 35% is overweight and over 35% is obese.) I have a tiny frame!!

Not only has my appetite decreased, but I don't even feel like alcohol. My mood is better though and I think I tended to have a couple of glasses of wine to make me feel better. I wonder if the anti depressant side of the reductil is actually working on me??!!! Instead of drinking 2 - 3 glasses of wine 5 nights a week, I've had none for the past week!!

I hope to see some updates from other reductil users so we can support each other in our weight loss journeys. I've told NO - ONE that I'm using it as I don't want the criticsm, negative comments, etc. Not even my husband knows!!
[/url][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVjJPF3/]

Good luck everyone.
liz66

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:12 pm

HealthyLiving8 wrote:Does anyone know if you are allowed to carry REDUCTIL on an airplane during an international flight?

I think you can take prescription meds on flights, but you have to have the prescription and/or a doctors note with you to show at customs. Pretty sure that's the general rule. Do your own research though before flying, don't take my word for it! :)
SarahC

Postby Disco » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:22 pm

I have been taking Reductil for 3 months now... And think its fabulous.... :D :D :D :D

The first 2 weeks, were a bit hard, I had a tingly hands and feet and found it really hard to sleep. But those symptons were gone in 2 weeks.
I still don't get tired until about 1am..but its all good, I have more time to do things.. I get up about 8pm... so getting 7 hours.

The biggest thing for me is the loss of interest in food.
I used to wake up and thing what I was goingt o have for breakfast, as I was eating breakfast I was planning my next meal. Thats all I thought about.
Now I have to make myself eat....
In 3 months I have lost 10 kilo's.

Now, I am not saying this is right but I have done NO exercise and continued to eat whatever I want.. So the wait has been so easy to lose because I haven't changed anything.. I still have Mcdonalds, Pizza ect..but if I do have that for lunch, I really can't face dinner, I am still so full and not interested, so may just make myself have an apple.
Thats why its worked for me.. I haven't had to change my life... and then cheat ect...
I want to loose another 10 kilo's and then I will join weight watchers or something to learn healthy eating again, because I know that is important. But too loose the buly of weight and still eat Junk... is fantastic... and yes sometime I do only eat half a burger, and I throw alot of it out, because I can't finish it.

I pay $68.oo through Ozepharmacy, although month before was $78. my helath fund gives me $48 back.... so its not to bad.. and I am saving an absolute fortune, as I am not buying, chocolate bars, chips. icecream. In fact I don't snack at all. a healthy cereal breakfast... and if I have a big lunch, sometimes that sit.
I love this stuff... I am worried, how I will cope when I go off. I think my dr, originally said 4 months only.. (for me anyway)... I hope the binging doesn't come back... I would eat and eat all night long, and I haven't once since being on this... I feel so much healthier, I have so much energy.

I would recommend this whole heartdly..
Good luck to everyone else... Ohh and I am no longer Obese.. just overweight.. :)
Disco

Postby Disco » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Excuse all of those typo's... I should of re read my message.
I can really spell :D
Disco

Postby sandyj94 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:23 pm

I have been on Reductil for 8 days. I tried it a couple of years ago and had bad side effects, but this time I'm going to make it!
Haven't been sleeping that well, but other than that I feel ok. Tired, but that might be because of the reduction in calories.
I'm glad there is support out there because its a tough battle trying to lose weight. I'm on 25 and I don't want to have this hanging over my head and go down that unhealthy path for the rest of my life.

Even though I'm not very overweight, its almost impossible to change the way you eat with just willpower... I tried this, and had a bad week and ate an entire cake. I don't want to be that person!! It's only going to get harder as my metabolism slows down and then when I have kids... need to nip this now!

Anyone having a similar experience??
sandyj94

Postby sezza » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Guys
I have been on Reductil for a week and 1 day yay and i have lost 2.8kg.
My food intake had reduced heaps i also find i am not snacking on my kids food in the afternoon.
I also dont crave my wine like i used to and overall seem alot more relaxed and have a can do attuide towards my weight loss. This is the best that i have felt in a long time.Now i want to get up at 5am and go for a walk. I dont think about food and what meal i am going to eat next its great!
For the first 3 days i had hot flushes but now i dont feel any effects what so ever and i have to remind my self if i have taken my tablet.
Would be good to see how everyone else is finding reductil going and how there weight loss is going
Cheers
Sarah
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wA6RoLn/]
[/url]
sezza

Postby rach311 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi everyone..

I have been on Rductil now for 3 months. I think it is the best thing ever. I have lost 10 kgs while being on it.
I have lost 15kgs in a year. I found it really hard to loose more weight after the first 5 kgs so my doc
gave me these to try and I am so happy with them. I havent done any exercise at all.
I think I need to start now to help me a bit more.. I am at my goal weight but now that I am here
I still need to loose more.. My health fund is the only one that doesnt cover them so i dont get any money back which sucks. :(
I am a bit worried about coming off them but i will cross that bridge when i get there. It is great buying all these clothes now. Im so so happy..

Hope you are all doing great!!!
Me 29
Hubby 36
Ethan 18/4/06
Hannah 13/4/07

My starting Weight 85Kgs
My weight now 74.5kgs
Finally getting results
rach311

Postby mumnbub » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:55 am

You have done really well! I know how hard it is to lose 15kg and how easy it is to get 'stuck' along the way. Congrats on reaching your goal- even if you have now changed your goal you still got to this point and its a great achievment.
Dont worry to much about comming off the tablets, just plan ahead, know what you need to do to maintain your weight and belive you can do it.
Exercise will help you maintain your weight when you come off them as well- its essential to good health that you exercise. Also, if you have a few flabby areas then i recommend weights and woking on those muscles.
Good luck with the rest of your journey :)
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Lush Gal » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Well It's been almost five months and I took a month off the reductil (December) as I was very ill with tonsillitis that turned into a hospital stay and tests for suspected auto immune disorders (and as such I had to suspend all meds).

I've lost 10kg, still hope to lose around another 10-15kg. Feeling great, lots of energy and my appetite is in check. I no longer think about (ok, OBSESS about!) food all the time and I'm able to eat far smaller portions to feel full (I used to eat as much as my 6'4 / 120kg hubby!). I'm doing well, and looking forward to continuing on Reductil until I get to goal weight. The main thing for me is that it has controlled the cravings and food obsession which has allowed me to exercise food portion control. And seeing as I can't eat anywhere near as much, I'm aiming for quality with each meal (fruits / veg / lean protein and whole grains) because a couple of sneaky biscuits in the afternoon means I can't eat much of my dinner and I don't want to be eating empty cals! If that makes sense?

Will keep you all posted as I continue to progress - this time feels different - learning to stop when full, making better food choices and eating sensible portions. :)
Lush Gal

Postby fiona_apple » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:33 pm

I tried it 4 years ago and lost around 6 kilos in more than 2 months. It helped taking my hunger far away. I consumed mostly fruit and water, and got a very smooth skin after that. Really happy.
The second time was 2 years ago, but I couldn't resist food and didn't lose even a kilo. I used Cambridge Diet and lost around 4 kilos. But it was hell. Hungry like crazy.
I am considering using Reductil again. A problem is every time I used it, i couldn't sleep for at least 3 or 4 days at the beginning, and feel a bit dizzy. Any one knows how to reduce these side effects? I need to lose 10 kilos, but feel really hard to start. Hope that Reductil helps.
fiona_apple

Postby sezza » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:14 pm

I have been on Reductil for 3 months and have lost 14.5kg. I found it helped me a lot!
I eat healthy and exercise everyday and feel great. I had headaches and a dry mouth at the start but it was all gone by the 3rd day. My tip is to take it first thing when you get up and then you should not have any problems sleeping at night!

Sarah
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wA6RoLn/]
[/url]
sezza

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk