It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 am

Free Newsletter

Reductil

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Reductil

Postby Della » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:19 am

Hi guys!
Well I was prescribed Reductil 4 days ago, and I have taken it 2 days and developed a bad flu...
Fever, headache, weekness, phlegmy chest, sore throat etc..
I was wondering if it was just a coincidence that I got the flu now ORRRR could it be due to the reductil???
I didn't take my pill today coz I was a bit afraid.
Anyone know anything or have any advice?
Please help!
THANKS
xx
Della
Della

Postby sueraya » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Hi guys.

I started putting on weight (from 52kg to 62kg) gradually since 2002 due to a prescribed medication (Diane-35).
I used a calculator to check my currect BMI but as an Asian, apparently the figures differ for us as compared to Caucasions, but my guess is somewhere in the mid 20s.
For my height of 5'3" (159cm), this is considered slightly overweight.
My doctor says a decrease to mid-50kg would be ideal for me.

Anyway, I have to go back on Diane since I've just been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Diane would help to regulate my hormones.
However, my ob-gyn is concerned with the weight i'll gain once I get back on Diane (a common side effect), so she's prescribed Reductil to me.
Only 10mg and only every other day, instead of every day.
But as Reductil will make me lose appetite, my ob-gyn has also prescribed Ranitadine for my gastritis.

I took my 1st Reductil today at 1.30pm along with Ranitidine.
30 min later, I felt nauseous, probably a combined reaction to my gastritis and taking the pill on an empty stomach. The nausea continued until about 4 hours later.
1 hr into taking the pill (and after a proper meal), I experienced dry mouth, cramps and have since gone to the loo twice now (about 2 hours in between).
Its now 5pm, the cramps are gone and the nausea is manageable.
The dry mouth is still persistent, but I expected as such based on the indicated side effects. I'm just drinking plenty of water for this, which I guess is good since drinking water will help me lose weight faster :wink:

I was wondering whether anyone else with gatritis is taking Reductil and what your experience is/has been like?

Thanks you.
Sue
sueraya

Postby bethels70 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:10 pm

HI there everybody, I have just done a bit of a google to find a forum where there are people taking reductil and here I am.. I went to my gP yesterday and he prescribed it for me. Just interested to see what other peoples experiences are with it. I took my first one this morning, and I think it made me a bit spacy, morning tea time i had a cuppa but didnt feel like eating anything, lunch I ate, then by afternoon I was back to looking around for something to eat. I had a headache most of the day, but am not sure if it was aggravated by the reductil or not as I had it before i took the first pill. About me.. I am 90kg would like to be around 60. I am 155cm tall and 39 years old. I have tried, Xenical, Sure Slim, optislim, optifast, censored, weightwatchers etc etc. all with some success but as always I have managed to put some of the weight back on. this is really my last gasp, next step for me, I think is lap banding if it doesnt come off, but I am avoiding this, as I have no private health cover. I have put on around 6kg since xmas( prior to that I was doing quite well, maintaining around the 85 and under) and all the while I have been trying to lose the weight. My doctor said that he thinks my body likes to retain that 'fat buffer'. I am hoping that this product will kickstart my weight loss.
Looking forward to reading about everyones journeys for inspiration and I will post my own as I progress!!
cheers
bethels70

Postby Jackpots » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:33 am

Hi Guys ... actually that should be Gals as it appears that I am the only bloke on here.
I came to the site because I was doing some research on Reductil and read with interest all that was written here and happy to share my personal experiences as well. Had my first tablet of 10mg yesterday and the results were noticeable within the first 24 hours as I didn't bother with dinner, just a small snack. Woke up a little hungry this morning had a coffee and some oats as they say that is a good filler and a banana for smoko.
Had some wacko dreams last night and didn't sleep very long and read in a post from one of you guys/gals that taking it in the morning alleviates this side effect.
Couple of questions for the other users ... what countries are you from?
Will try and keep you posted and if it works for me then maybe you can convince your husbands/boyfriends/partners to give it a whirl also.

Jack
AUSTRALIA

[/url]
Jackpots

Postby bethels70 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 pm

hi there, been on reductil for a week, have lost 2kg, I havent noticed a lot of difference but my husband reckons i am eating a lot less, and the last few days I have definitely been feeling 'full' all the time. I am from Australia. Nice to see there is some other users out there!
cheers
Beth
bethels70

Postby sandy68 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:33 pm

Hello I am new to Reductil....my Doc prescribed it and I started today....I noticed my appetite was decreased and had a little headache but it settled,did notice a dry mouth.
I am really hoping this is going to help with my goal to lose weight.
I am 93 kgs 164cms,41 years old ,have never been this big.
I joined a gym last month but have not been in the last 2 weeks due to other work/family committments,but am aiming to start back tmrw :D
I wish you all well with your weightloss and hope we can all support each other :D
sandy68

Postby bethels70 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 am

I had a headache the first couple of days and definitely the dry mouth, but other than that I feel fine. I have no real motivation to eat, although, I still have that 'habit' thing... ( hard to explain). Worst part is, I have a family to feed, and I still have to cook for the, makes it hard cos then I tend to sit and eat with them, even tho I dont really want or need toeat anything, but definitely eating a lot less.
Keep up the posting guys, nice to see your results etc, it helps to keep me going.
bethels70

Postby sandy68 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Another day ....still had a little dry mouth but not too bad,didnt really feel too hungry all day :D ate my breakfast then had an apple and only had a half a sanga .....my appetite was a lot bigger than this before :D I really hope this is going to pay off lol
sandy68

Postby Della » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Hey guys,
I am on my first day of Reductil today.
(Well I did star it a couple of weeks back, but I got the flu so I stopped.)
I have to say I didn't feel any less hungry today :(
I didn't get a dry mouth and I didn't have more energy,
IN FACT, I felt soooo sleepy the whole day???
Could it be that it isn't working for me?
Does it take a few days to kick in?
Any advice or information would be much appreciated.
THANKS
xox
Della
Della

Postby bethels70 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:14 am

They say it takes a few days to kick in. I am into my second week and I am definitely less hungry and very blase about food. :D I just hope it pays off.
bethels70

Postby vickys_22 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Della and everyone else. I am new to the Reductil journey.

I am on my second day and seem to have the same symptoms as Della. I feel really sleepy and was starving at lunch time! I have a slightly dry mouth but I certainly don't feel any more energized.

I am hoping it takes a few days to kick in? I hope I am not disappointed as I had my heart set on this working for me.

Vicky
vickys_22

Postby vickys_22 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Well five weeks in and i have managed to lose 2.7 kgs. but it is a lot slower than i thought it would be. I still get hungry at meal times, probably only eating slight less food, but I am not craving any junk food at all which is good.

I had the Doctor's follow up appointment last week and she noticed my blood pressure was high 145/106, so I am now wearing a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours. It is not looking too good so far as most of the readings today have been around the same or higher. Disappointing.
vickys_22

Postby rach311 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi guys
I was on reductil and lost 10 kgs easily with no exercise or dieting. i thought it was the best thing ever.
However I do warn you that when you come off it your weight does come straight back on.
I have now put on 8 kgs of the 10kgs I lost.
Now i go to the gym 3-5 days a week and have not lost one bit of weight.
I am starting lite n easy next week to try and budge some of the weight, I would love to go back on reductil
but dont see the point as I will just gain what I loose when I stop taking it, So all that money I paid was wasted except
for how I felt when i did loose all the weight

So yes Reductil is great in the short term but you have to come off it sometime and so just be carefull..
Me 29
Hubby 36
Ethan 18/4/06
Hannah 13/4/07

My starting Weight 85Kgs
My weight now 74.5kgs
Finally getting results
rach311

Postby ~*Kat*~ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:54 pm

I would love to find out more about this
Does anyone have a health card card? Can u get it cheaper with the health care card?
Both hubby and I r not working atm as I got fired just after xmas so I wont be able to afford it if I have to pay full price but I am in major need of helping with decreasing my appetite
~*Kat*~

Postby rach311 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Nope you can not get them cheaper.. They are very expensive and you need to see your doc to get a prescription for them.they cost about $86 for a months worth
Me 29
Hubby 36
Ethan 18/4/06
Hannah 13/4/07

My starting Weight 85Kgs
My weight now 74.5kgs
Finally getting results
rach311

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk