It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Reductil

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Reductil

Postby ~*Kat*~ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:16 pm

thats not bad for a month I guess
I will wait until both hubby and I are working again I think
~*Kat*~

Postby rach311 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Work that out over a year and its alot of money. A gym membership is half that.
You cant be on reductil forever but you can go to the gym forever..
I do regret taking them as all that money i paid has now been wasted when I could of just gone to the gym instead.
Its just a quick fix not a permanate one. The weight you loose will just come back when you stop the tablets
Me 29
Hubby 36
Ethan 18/4/06
Hannah 13/4/07

My starting Weight 85Kgs
My weight now 74.5kgs
Finally getting results
rach311

Postby Peppa Pig » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:35 am

Hi Just introdcuing myself and looking for a bit of support.

A but about me:- I am 35 in Ocober and have 3 children - 4,3, and 1.

I weigh (as at this morning) 110kgs and 171cms tall.

This morning I went to the Dr and she perscribed me Reductil for 2mths. My weight loss has been getting me down for a long time now, and finally I hae worked up the courage to go and get some help. So wish me luck and I am off to read some of ur stories about weight loss, Reductil and hopefully will be able to make a success of my next mission in life - to get healthy!!

Thanks for listening.

Peppa xx

(I'd be interested to see if there is anyone out there with similar measurements to mine?!)
Peppa Pig

Postby tigerland » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi, ive just started using Reductil today and wanted to know what is the best time to take it? I took it thismorning when i got up and have been feeling quite lightheaded and a bit out of it today
tigerland

Postby rach311 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:22 pm

you should take it in the morning,
Thats what they make you feel like for the first few weeks or so on them.
I went back to my doc and asked if i could take them again and he didnt let me.
They are not good for you.
As soon as you stop taking them your weight will come straight back on..

Good luck though,
Me 29
Hubby 36
Ethan 18/4/06
Hannah 13/4/07

My starting Weight 85Kgs
My weight now 74.5kgs
Finally getting results
rach311

Postby nothing2lose » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi all

I was taking reductil on and off over two years. I loved it to begin with. Even though I had terrible insomnia and dry mouth, I lost 10 kilos over a few months using the 15mg tablets and a calorie controlled diet and exercise. The problem was the second time I used them, I started having heart palpitations and ended up in the Emergency Room. I have no heart problems and the ER staff blamed the Reductil. I refused to believe them and kept going with it. I also developed hypothyroidism which may be related according to my GP. Anyway, cut a long story short, it has been now banned in many parts of the world as it has been linked to deaths due to heart failure. My new GP wont prescribe it and told me to stop it immediately due to the OS deaths. I stopped and promptly put on 8 kilos :(

So, while it may seem like a magic pill, it isnt. There is no such thing. I really suggest you enter into it carefully.

Sorry to burst your balloons, but losing weight isnt worth permanently damaging your health.

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby rach311 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Well said!!!
not good for you at all!! waste of time and money
Me 29
Hubby 36
Ethan 18/4/06
Hannah 13/4/07

My starting Weight 85Kgs
My weight now 74.5kgs
Finally getting results
rach311

Postby nothing2lose » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Mind you, if you do find a magic pill, be sure to call me!!!! :lol:
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby beachdreams » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi All,

At 75 kilos I was a size 10. At kilos I was pushing size 12. At 95 , pushing size 14. I'm 172cms and have an hourglass figure (big boobs), and even my doctor was suprised to learn my actual weight.

I put on this weight over 10 years on zoloft for depression as a teenager. After 3 months of weaning, I am finally off zoloft and can now tackle the weight gain.

Starting weight - 104 kilos (on zoloft)
Current weight - 98 kilos (since stopping zoloft)
Goal weight - 70-75 kilos...depends how i look / feel.

I have been on reductil once before and lost 10 kilos in three months - took going back on zoloft and four years to put that (and some) back on. SO - i start Reductil again in a weeks time. I am SO excited as nothing else has worked. I couldn't find any other reductil forums - looking forward to support from you guys on here!

Ta
beachdreams

Postby tavs07 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:21 am

Hi Guys,

I am currently at 65.9 kgs and im 5'6" at 25yrs old. It is FRUSTRATING trying to lose weight. I put on 11.4 kgs in 8 months. I've been over eating and eating JUNK like all the time. I guess the stress I was under had something to do with it. I have recently gotten engaged and I am scared to put on more weight. I was always a small person until I started taking Diane-35 for my PCO and I am on anti depressants (lexapro and lorezapam). My fiance thinks I take too much meds but thats what the doctors prescribed for me to control all my problems.

I started Reductil about 5 days now and I am scared to weigh in. I think i'll do it after a month. My gym instructor told me to take these to help me control my appetite. It has been controlling it for the most part but I do get hungry at times. If I take in like 500 cals a day the next day I will be hungry even after taking the pill.

I am about to get married next year and I need to reach my goal which is 52kgs so I can feel better about myself. None of my clothes fit properly and I get so depressed about it. I don't even like going out anymore because i think im fat. It may not sound like a lot of kgs but it shows on me a lot. I look like im 4 months pregnant. Some people even ask me if I am..:(

Since taking the pill now, ive only experienced dry mouth really. No other side effects were that prominent. I was used to the dry mouth because about 2 years ago I took other weight loss pills. Every one in my family is small and I am the only big person. I can't even share my clothes with my little sisters cause they are much smaller in size than me. That makes me sad...

Anyway I'm about to travel to Baltimore for my Fiance to have surgery and Id be there for a month. I hope I don't put on more weight since I will be staying at a hotel and I won't have much control over choices of healthier options.

Ill keep you posted on my progress..good luck everyone...
tavs07

Postby kelarch » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:23 am

Has anyone had any problems with getting a prescription for this from their gp. I've decided to ask for one tomorrow but i'm scared they're going to say no. I've never spoken to a dr regarding my weight issues before and am a bit apprehensive. Has anyone got any hints for me?
kelarch

Postby Weightloss Guru » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Guys, sorry to jump in mid stream, is it possible for someone to quickly explain what Reductil is as i have heard of it? and is it a perscription drug or natural and so forth?
Weightloss Guru

Postby jnp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:59 pm

Weightloss Guru wrote:Hi Guys, sorry to jump in mid stream, is it possible for someone to quickly explain what Reductil is as i have heard of it? and is it a perscription drug or natural and so forth?

Reductil is a prescription drug that comes in two strengths: 10mg capsules and 15 mg capsules. It is intended to suppress appetite and boost metabolism.
jnp

Postby rach311 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Have you not seen the news lately????????
Reductil has been taken off the market as it is unsafe and there has been a few deaths on it.
Thats why my doc didnt give it to me.

about 2 weeks ago it was on the news

here is one
http://momento24.com/en/2010/01/23/weig ... art-risks/
Me 29
Hubby 36
Ethan 18/4/06
Hannah 13/4/07

My starting Weight 85Kgs
My weight now 74.5kgs
Finally getting results
rach311

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:48 pm

jasperjonsson, you do know you can be fined up to $5000 and a two-year prison sentence for selling Reductil in this manner, don't you?
CronicBadger

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk