It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Is Pepsi Max good for a diet?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Is Pepsi Max good for a diet?

Postby fat_ass » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Throughout my whole life I've had the original Coca Cola and as a result have gained a lot of weight. Currently I am on a diet and have switched to Pepsi Max. My question is despite the fact Pepsi Max got no calories is it still bad for a diet? I know all the caffeine and artificial products within it are bad for you but I am specifically asking would it deter me from losing weight. Thanks in advance guys.
SW=99.7
CW=95.6
GW=80.0
fat_ass

Re: Is Pepsi Max good for a diet?

Postby BeyondBeauty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:23 pm

In moderation, I've never had an issue with including sugar free drinks in my day... however, it should be drank in moderation and you need to realise that it's not a substitute for water. There are a lot of 'nasties' in them that ultimately are not good for you when consumed in large quantities.

If you're a heavy drinker of soft drinks, you should start weening yourself off it by reducing your intake, otherwise it's too easy to have a 'tough day' and just flip bach to the heavy duty stuff. I know you're thinking that you can't go without it, but seriously, once you've stopped drinking it you will start to feel so much better and when you do have it you will most likely think it tastes awful.

Good luck.

BB x x
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby fat_ass » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Moderation eh? There has been days I've gone a whole day without drinking water, maybe 3L of Pepsi Max. I guess my system is in some trouble now.
SW=99.7
CW=95.6
GW=80.0
fat_ass

Postby BeyondBeauty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:55 pm

I'm pretty sure you already know that three lites of soft drink, sugar free or not, in one day probably isn't that great for your system. Pepsi Max contains aspartame, as does Coke Zero, and this is one of the most contraversial artifical sweeteners I have read about. At 3L per day, that's over 20 litres a week and I know I wouldn't be comfortable ingesting that amount of artificial sweetener.... but that the end of the day, it's your body and your choice what you do with it.

BB

"Eat well, your life depends on it"
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby fat_ass » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks, I'll do my best to cut it out.
SW=99.7
CW=95.6
GW=80.0
fat_ass

Postby hippy_shake » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Yeah, I can only echo what has already been said, and add that my PT told me not to have any at all- yes it might be low in calories but its full of sodium and the gassyness of it just bloats you heaps. So for weight loss its best to steer clear of it altogether
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Return to Weight loss Talk