It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 am

Free Newsletter

Weight Loss Tips - Must for Every Obese

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight Loss Tips - Must for Every Obese

Postby honey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:33 pm

If you are going to start a weight loss program, there are some points to consider.

One should always keep in mind that weight loss takes time and is not going to happen overnight. It requires a change in eating habits. It doesn't mean that weight loss requires eating less. It means you have to keep an eye on the calories you are taking and how much your physical activity and other works help them to burn.

Weight Loss Tips

[1.] Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. In provides hydration to your body and help you feel full.

[2.] Eat fruits and vegetables rich in fibers, vitamins and antioxidants. They fill up your stomach fast and are also low in calories and help to keep your calorie count low.

[3.] Taking small frequent meals help to balance calorie intake throughout the day, instead of eating 3 big meals, try to eat 5 - 6 smaller meals throughout the day.

[4.] Walk 20-30 minutes daily after your last meal. These will help you to speed your metabolism up before the food has a chance to get settled in and lower your body fat storage.

[5.] Whenever you feel laziness, take several deep breaths and try to do something creative to keep yourself busy.

[6.] When you slip up on your diet or weight loss program, pick yourself back up immediately and make a renewed commitment to your weight loss goals.

[7.] Cardio exercises are the real secret to lose body fat. Cardio Exercises are the only ones proven to burn calories at a sustained rate and hence qualify to be the best Weight Loss Exercises ever.

*link removed by moderator*
honey

Re: Weight Loss Tips - Must for Every Obese

Postby HealthyLiving8 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:48 am

I think the best way would be is to start counting calories, this always sounds harder than it really is.
Calculate how much calories you need on a daily basis to lose weight (you get lots if you only google CALORIE CALCULATOR)
Then all you have to do is check that you dont eat more calories than the daily recommendation.
Also doing some exercise daily would assist in weight loss..
Hope this helps
HealthyLiving8

Postby becky123 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:19 pm

this sounds really dumb but i have no idea about how many calories you are supposed to have, how much is in foods etc. That is one thing my lame school never taught us. Im not blaming them for me being overweight, but it would be nice to understand it all. :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wC4pRx2/]
[/url]
becky123

Postby cherry847 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:24 am

Hi Becky, check out Calorie King's website for info on this, I agree it should definately be taught in schools how to keep at a healthy weight but unfortunately most people don't think it's that important.... but Calorie King tells you how many calories you should have depending on all your statistics (height, weight, lifestyle, etc) and then you can look up how many calories are in all the foods you eat. I know many people on this forum have found it really helpful!
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Postby becky123 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:36 pm

cheers! ill have a look!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wC4pRx2/]
[/url]
becky123

Return to Weight loss Talk