It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:00 am

Free Newsletter

We are ALL making excuses!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

We are ALL making excuses!!

Postby Livy » Fri May 19, 2006 5:31 pm

I haven't posted for a while, because I too have fallen off the bangwagon! The worst part is, that I have only lost 2kgs, where many of you have lost many.. and only put a couple of kgs back on.
I have also had quite a few events to attend in the last couple of weeks... especially days with the ladies, where everyone brings a cake, my weakness!
BUT... we have to learn how to get around these occasions. I mean, even when we do get to our goal weight, there will still be the postential to put it all back on again.. so we have to learn that there are alternatives. Choose grilled fish and salad instead of fish and chips... or a wholemeal salad sandwich instead of a chico roll.
We must be strong!
I am finding that exercise is the hardest. I just need to make it a priority, but when my baby is asleep I have to choose. Do I study, wash up, clean up, sleep with her, read, washing, make a few business calls... or EXERCISE. I confess to you all, exercise doens't win out often.
I have lost 2kgs, and am terrified of putting them back on again.
It took 3 long weeks and alot of work, I dont' want to start again!
Liv
Livy

Postby KimE » Fri May 19, 2006 7:01 pm

Hi Livy

We have morning teas at work every second week and I know if there is nothing healthy I will have my own morning snack (fruit or low fat yoghurt and have that instead. Usually the closest we get to healthy at morning tea is rice crackers. Except when I prepared morning tea as I included a plate of sliced apple, orange and carrot. Surprisingly that plate got wiped off and I only had a few pieces so it wasn't just me. When chocolates are offered I say no, or if I take it I then give it to someone else. Have had a couple of instances in the last month where someone in our team has brought in a cake that they have gone to some trouble to get or to celebrate a birthday and I did have a piece but it was so small I probably shouldn't have bothered. :lol: But I got a little taste of the flavour without adding too much to my overall food intake. Actually I don't think a small piece of cake as a treat once in a while would be a big deal. Balance and moderation.

But hey don't beat yourself up, get up and get back into it! You can do it Livy! Believe it, believe in yourself.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Fri May 19, 2006 7:12 pm

Congrats on your weight loss of 2kg Livy! You should be very very pleased with yourself. And that in 3 weeks is really great going. It's taken me 5 months to lose 2 kilos!!!! Don't beat yourself up over eating things you shouldn't. Just try to do better next time. If you could go for walks with your litte one when she is awake, it would do you both wonders, plus not using up your time when she is asleep. I'm not sure how old your little one is, but if she isn't at the crawling stage and you have exercise dvds/videos she may find it amusing to watch you go thru your paces!!! I'm sure if you sat down you could work out a few different ways to utilise the time when she is awake to do some form of exercise. And if you have to split it into a few different sessions of shorter duration during the day, well that is all fine.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 pm

Well said Livy! Congratulations on that weight loss :D
Dolly

Postby Tas » Sat May 20, 2006 7:30 am

HI Livy - well done on losing 2 kilo's - it does take a lot of hard work I know! Too many bars of chocolate caused me to gain 2 kilo's and it was Sunday evening that I thought, that is it, NO MORE.
All this week I have been busting my boiler with exercise and lost a kilo. Every 2 hours, I get up from the computer and either walk around or do some sit-ups or use the exerice bike. Even if it is just for a few minutes.
It must be hard for you with ababy and so many things you need to catch up on - so just take small steps and make small goals for now - you have done well though, congratultions.'Cheers
Maria
Tas
Tas

Postby Lexie » Mon May 22, 2006 10:09 am

Livy,

I have fallen off the bandwagon sooo sooo sooo many times b4, the only problem is if you don't get back on it. Believe in yourself, and believe that your worth this weightloss. You've lost 2 kilos, and instead worrying that you'll put it back on, celebrate it!! Use it as insentive to keep going and get back into it. You sound like your an extreemly busy person, so instead of trying to squeez in excercise incorperate it into your day. If your cleaning the house, do it more vigorously so you get you heart rate up, you'll be suprised how many calories you'll burn. Just try to get your heart rate up for at least 15 minutes a day, doing whatever you can, like cleaning or walk your baby in a pusher around your block or to the local shops.
Your never alone when it come to 'falling off the bandwagon' but believe in yourself that you can get back on, its the best gift you can give yourself; self belife. Hope this helps. :)

Lexie :)
Height: 164 cm
HW: 90kg
CW: 64kg

GW1: 75 kg
GW2: 70 kg
GW3: 65 kg
GOAL WEIGHT: 60 kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBSAIAh/]
Lexie

Postby jacka » Mon May 22, 2006 2:57 pm

HI Livy,

Exercise is definitely a problem for many people. I have got into a routine nearly every morning that I lay out a tracksuit or gym gear and I put it on no matter what. When I had a baby I would walk the baby routinely and I would go to a gym that had a creche. If you are really sure you want to do something about your weight forget the excuses and do something about it. Every one is busy in some shape but you we all must make exercise a part of our life. Just try and find something that you will enjoy long term.
For all those chocolate addicts you should try these amazing protein bars called Slim Secrets. they are chocolate coated so you get your choc fix but they are low GI so they fill you up. I only found them a little while ago and I LOVE them especially the night time Binge Buster!
jacka

Postby Livy » Mon May 22, 2006 6:24 pm

Hi Lexie,
Thanks so much for the tips.... I have to share something with you... I had to laugh when you said have a walk around my block, or walk to the shops. :) You see, I live on a cattle property in the middle of knowwhere! I would LOVE to walk down the shops, they are over 50kms away on a bad dirt road. The town is also tiny, only 2500 people.
This is what makes weightloss so hard for me, and why I try to get support on these boards. I can't go to a gym, or walk with a friend, or go to classes. I have just me, and me, and well... me.

There is no beach to walk on, or boardwalk.
I do walk with the baby in a pram, but there are cattle everywhere, and if there are heaps, I am just too scared, though my husband assures me they wont' hurt me. :oops:

I would LOVE to go to a gym, or personal trainer, or go walking with a freind. I love Tae Bo too, and am trying to do it every day, though I am not very consistant.

Thankyou for the encoragement, it helps... just wanted to share a bit more of my life.
Liv xx
Livy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 22, 2006 9:28 pm

I've incorporated exercise into my daily routine so that I'm not exercising for exercise sake which I HATE. So I'm riding to and from work which to me is cheap transport and I play badminton which is fun. The only thing i do which doesn't have another function is Pilates which I do when I cant' do the others.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Mon May 22, 2006 10:53 pm

There's definitely lots of good advice here Livy, however, it all comes down to you and finding some type of exercise that works for you and your lifestyle that you can make into a habit. Something you enjoy enough to want to do again, or something challenging enough that you want to get better at it.

Enough of that, what I really wanted to say was congrats on losing another kilo. You are obviously doing something right so be proud of that as you have just proved you are moving in the right direction. "Hugs" and keep up the great work! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Weight loss Talk