It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Lite n Easy - anyone had problems with missing food?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lite n Easy - anyone had problems with missing food?

Postby chubbyredhead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi all,

New to the forum (will get around to doing an intro) and wondering if anyone has had problems wth Lite N Easy.

I've been on it for 7 weeks and lost 8.8 kg. Started at 116.3, now 107.5.

Very happy indeed with the progress, considering there has not been one bit of exercise yet. That parts harder to motivate myself to do. But thats another story. :cry:

I'm relatively happy with the quality (we can't expect 'gourmet' from a prepacked ready to go diet) and the amount of food (considering it is a 'diet', I don't expect a hungry jacks wopper each night) :D , but what I am finding VERY frustrating is the mistakes in packaging. Not major mistakes like main full main meals missing, but very regular smaller items are missing, for instance my apple sultana pancake for afternoon tea, the muffin for my egg and tomato muffin, the beef pattie for my beef 'burger' etc etc. The past 5 weeks I've had one or 2 missing items each week. It doesn't sound like much, but there is limited amount of food, I'm paying good money, and there is a lack of other food in the house to tempt me, so I have to go without. Its supposed to be 'convenient', but when you spend 15 minutes looking through 20 bags of food to find a missing item (which doesn't turn up), it aint very convenient.

The sales consultant I've been emailing has been apologetic (whether genuine or not), however the last few weeks my order is supposedly undergoing 'supervisor checks' to ensure it doesn't happen. Guess what, it still does.

She's now claiming its only me which I find hard to believe. Quote "I would also agree that any error is one too many, but it is all the more frustrating when they seem to happen to the same customer! The chances of this are as you can imagine very odd".

The other thing I mentioned to her that on 2 occasions I've had my yoghurt (which is yummy by the way) put in my non-refrigerated snack bag. She claims all bags are supposed to be refrigerated (or frozen). Funny that there are 2 snack bags - one that has frozen mini meals, bread and frozen 'slices' etc - pretty obvious its for the freezer. Whereas the other snack bag has popcorn, muesli bars, biscuits, crackers, tin of baked beans (yuk) and is the only bag (other than the obvious frozen item bag) that doesn't have 'keep refigerated' on it. Only on 2 occasions did it have the yoghurt, whereas every other time for the 7 weeks the yoghurt has been bundled as usual in the appropriate refrigerated breakfast or lunch bag for that day. Surely common sense (clearly not common) would tell 99% of customers that bag doesn't need to be refrigerated? How many of you would keep those items in the fridge if you hadn't seen yoghurt in it?

Anyway, either I'm sleep walking and eating my goodies, or the dogs have worked out how to open the fridge when I'm not looking.

I'm very frustrated and very tempted to go back to my old ways than stuff around with this Lite N Easy, then to be accused of either lying or being so unlucky I'm the only customer having problems is beyond belief.

I'll point out too I'm not eating other stuff from other days - because obviously I then go hungry (hungrier) on the day it was designed for. I'm not that stupid.

I'm a guy by the way - my wife (who has stopped it, she wasn't happy with the type of food) was not having problems, but I put that down to the fact that she on the 1200 calorie as opposed to me on the 1800 has a lot less goodies in her packets to actually get missed out, not to mention she wasn't really eating it all (and wouldn't know if she was missing them).

Thanks for letting me vent my frustration, and I'm wondering if anyone else on Lite N Easy are having problems? In particular if you are in NSW as she reckons mistakes are 'very low' here.

As a side pointer, I'd like to know what stuff you really like on the diet. I particularly like the Bobotie frozen dinner, the chicken laksa mini meals and LOVE the pineapple and date slice. Dislike with a vengeance the light fruit cake (how can you stuff a fruit cake??!!), the chicken brandy pate, and the Pepper steak frozen meal (Frozen PAL!).

Thanks
chubbyredhead
chubbyredhead

Re: Lite n Easy - anyone had problems with missing food?

Postby Karnak » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:43 pm

I did the complete meal plan for about 6 months (great at teaching me portion control and training my body to eat snacks) and have since done dinners only for the last 12 months (with soups and the odd mini meals). During that time I've had one stuff up and that was with the dinners only (wrong ones). I also just asked a couple of girls in the office who have been on it for a few months if they have had any issues and one had a muffin missing but an extra bread roll (in the same order) but that was it. Not saying it is you but just polling me and my office for you.

At times on the complete meal plan I did sometimes think that I was missing a muffin or bread roll or something but at the end of the week I'd have something left over in my freezer or I'd think a roll was a muffin etc (not saying this is happening with you, just what I found). Also there was a tendancy for items to be frozen ones but listed as fridge stored and vice versa.

I used to keep all of it in the fridge, I thought you were supposed to.

I adored the salads, the bircher museli and the Sang Chow Bok. I also got addicted to those little rolls with heaps of seeds. I hated them at first then used to crave them.

For dinners - after pretty much trying them all it turns out that some are crap, most are good and a few are excellent. I've got it down to a selection of about 20 I work through each month. Particular favourites are the Spinach and Tortellini (so good its hard to imagine its healthy) and Corned Beef.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby chubbyredhead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I agree, there does seem to be the odd small roll left (and there was on the occasion I was missing a muffin, so I had a roll as I was hungry), but the risk in doing that is without going through every day and every bag checking, I don't want to assume thats the case and eat something thats for later in the week.

As mentioned, I'm wondering how many of the girls you asked were doing the 1200 - and seeing what the misses used to get in the snacks, theres not much there available that could go missing!!! You poor things. :)

It would be interesting to know how many people they have packing in each area (ie, if there are only half a dozen people that pack 1800 calorie boxes in the NSW office) as it would only take one of them to be hopeless to cause what seems like a problem in a small area (1800 NSW packs). Without sounding snobby (even saying that Its still going to sound that way), I guess picking and packing food boxes for Lite N Easy doesn't attract too many people with a PhD. :shock: (flame suit on).
chubbyredhead

Postby Peaches » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:51 pm

I started off on the 1800 calorie meal plan with light and easy, and pretty much went straight down again as there was to much food for me. But i found that with that week they still use the 1200 meal plan (or possibly 1500 calorie) and just put everything extra in a seperate bag to make it up to 1800 calories. This i found was frustrating and annoying, whenever i went looking for the meal/snack that i was meant to be eating i would have to search through 3 different shopping bags and it took ages. I could see that with the 1800 calorie plan that it would be a hell of a lot easier for them to make a mistake than with the 1500 or 1200 plan as all the items are just loose in a plastic bag, not in individual meal bags with the rest of the food for that meal/snack. But so far i havent had any problems with food missing etc. Hopefully you can get it sorted out soon cos it must be really frustrating for you.
Peaches

Postby chubbyredhead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Yes, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason why they do it the way they do. Some of the snacks are in the appropriate breakfast or lunch bag (depending on whether they are for morning or afternoon tea), some are in the seperate snack bags (either the frozen or 'non-refrigerated' (my words) bag), or they can even be completely separate in the esky when it arrives.

I still don't believe they should be sticking the yoghurt in the bag that has only ever had other goods that don't need refrigeration. I think this 'customer service' rep is just trying to put it all back onto me.

Plus, don't statistics show that the majority of people don't actually complain, but just live with it? I don't mean to sound too fussy, but I just expect to get the right food and the 'convenience' that I'm paying $150 a week for!!
chubbyredhead

Postby BeyondBeauty » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi there

I did lite 'n' easy for about 6 weeks and had a couple of mistakes also, and I agree, it is very annoying.

I ultimately stopped because I was firstly getting sick of eating the same things all the time, and secondly, I simply couldn't sustain the cost.

Every fortnight I now go to the supermarket with a pre-chosen 'meal plan' that I made myself, I have a list of what I need, I take it home and I personally pre-pack two weeks worth of breakfasts and lunches into zip-lock bags and put them in baskets in my fridge and freezer. I have the "convenience" of lite 'n' easy as my breakfasts and lunches are in bags ready to go each day, but it is saving me a fortune - and if I am getting sick of eating something, next shop, I just find something else at the supermarket of equal nutritional content. I'm much happier now!

BB x x
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:43 pm

Complain and loudly until someone listens, you are paying good money for a service that you are not receiving.
Good luck :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby chubbyredhead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks all.

Beyondbeauty, thats exactly what I intending doing from the start after I lost a bit of initial weight. I've been keeping the little plastic round containers to put single servings of bits and pieces in when I get off my chubby butt and create my own DIY diet. And yes, they will have to be premade and portioned out to keep the calories down. I can imagine making my own pineapple and date slice and eating slice after slice after slice. Not to mention the yummy zucchini bake. :shock:
chubbyredhead

Postby chubbyredhead » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Shalimar wrote:Complain and loudly until someone listens, you are paying good money for a service that you are not receiving.
Good luck :D .

Hi Shalimar, well, they are listening but I don't think they care. I've received $20 off here and there, but thats not what its all about - yes, the money is important, but I just want the 'convenience' of getting what I expect to have available to eat. I'd rather them charge me full price and GIVE ME WHAT I EXPECT!!! :roll:
chubbyredhead

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:49 pm

That's totally understandable on both points.

Hope they sort it soon :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Manachi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 am

Hi All,

chubbyredhead wrote:what I am finding VERY frustrating is the mistakes in packaging.

That's unfortunate :( interesting that you've had a few occurrences of this! I have to say in the 3 times I've done 6 week Lite n' Easy diets I've never had an item missing. I have had yoghurts 'mislabeled' (ie said it was greek berry, but was vanilla) and occasionally what appeared to be a replacement for the wrong thing, but never had items missing. You must have been unlucky!

I do however have a peanut allergy so what I'll do is just buy some fruit and a box of healthy muesli bars at the beginning of the week so I can replace any of the few unavoidable peanut containing snacks in my package. So if any had been missing I may not have noticed. 1 piece of fruit or a meusli bar is usually enough to replace a snack. I also have a loaf of bread in the freezer as emergency backup!

chubbyredhead wrote:The other thing I mentioned to her that on 2 occasions I've had my yoghurt (which is yummy by the way) put in my non-refrigerated snack bag.

I never noticed a 'non refrigerated snack bag'. Have always had all my bags in either the freezer or the refrigerator. The box only has two compartments doesnt it? Frozen, and refrigerated?

chubbyredhead wrote:As a side pointer, I'd like to know what stuff you really like on the diet. I particularly like the Bobotie frozen dinner, the chicken laksa mini meals and LOVE the pineapple and date slice. Dislike with a vengeance the light fruit cake (how can you stuff a fruit cake??!!), the chicken brandy pate, and the Pepper steak frozen meal (Frozen PAL!).

I am really impressed with almost all the breakfasts and lunches, it provides me with a MUCH bigger variety of foods than I would otherwise eat. When I'm not on lite and easy, usually my breakfasts are weet bix, or vegemite toast, and that's about the extent of it. Lunch is usually a sandwhich. I love that lite n easy gives a variety of things that I am (to be honest) probably not organised enough to 'prepare' for the week in advance! Love the 'Vanilla Crunch' cereal. My favourite dinner used to be the chicken in creamy pasta (no idea why they discontinued that? was my favourite). Also Tandoori Chicken and Thai Style Green Chicken Curry. For the snacks I love the yoghurts, (passionfruit and the berry ones are my fave) and pretty much all the cake type things (slices, cakes, biscuits etc).

BeyondBeauty wrote:
I ultimately stopped because I was firstly getting sick of eating the same things all the time, and secondly, I simply couldn't sustain the cost.

I agree, after a while the frozen dinners start to become a bit to 'samey' for me! But breakfasts and lunches and snacks I find very varied, and could happily live on them all the time!

As for cost, do you really find it expensive? I spend as much, if not more money on weekly shopping, and in the end get less 'variety' of food. Not to mention the time cooking, and cleaning cooking utensils & dishes etc etc.

Regards,
Manachi
Manachi

Postby äirly » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:27 pm

In 6-7 weeks on LnE (1200 calories) I can think of only one time I had something missing (it was a burger patty). A few times I thought I was missing something but is usually turned up either in another bag or the bottom of the fridge.

Money wise I find it not unreasonable. I was spending more than I would most weeks - but not by too much. The problem I have is the food really isnt that good :( Cooking myself I can have nicer stuff for the same amount. I really disliked most of the fruit, which is either hard or completely squishy. Most of the lunches and breakfasts were ok, and the snacks were ok except the fruit and yoghurt (i know most people dont mind the yoghurt but I prefer my easy-yo yoghurt maker). The dinners were boring as you said, although i did tend to liven mine up a little with sauce etc :oops:

Likes were; burger patties (especially the one with beetroot relish - have gone and purchsed a bottle of it now!! :lol: ) I liked the pate, the little packets of chips, salsa, wraps etc. Also the hard little biscuits - think someone mentioned them earlier? I too didnt much care for them at first but they grew on me! :) The museli and pancake breakfasts were my favourite.

Dislikes were; Fruit, yoghurt, fruit things in packs - like peaches in syrup etc - seriously gross. I only ate the bread that came with the breakfast meals once, then after substituted bakers delight bread :oops:

The vegetables that came with the dinner were extremely bland, so depending how i felt i would add either chilli sauce or almond spread or soemthing to liven it up. :D :D

I've been off it the last few weeks, although i've had a meal every now and again as I had some left over in the freezer. Thinking of going back on it again now that xmas/ny season is over :) although i wouldnt do breakfast again - just lunch and dinner :D
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby bookworm » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi... my husband and I started Lite n Easy last week (have had our 2nd delivery)... was missing something from both deliveries... The first week it was my hubbies pack (1200 cal) and the 2nd week mine (1500 cal)... gave them a call .. yada yada... I'm from Sydney too, so didn't want you to think you were alone in this :D
xxx Cherrie xxx

SW: 125.9kg (07/01/11)
CW: 124.9kg
1st goal: 120 kg (7/2/11)
2nd goal: 110kg (7/4/11)
3rd goal: 100kg (7/6/11)
GW: 85kg (31/8/11)
bookworm

Postby XdanielX » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi, sorry to revive an old thread,

But I have a question to anyone who has had Lite n' Easy.

It's not exactly about missing food but, I have been on Lite n' Easy for a while now, with dinners only, this week I decided to try the lunches as well.

Now In my day 2 bag I was supposed to have "corn fritters and tomato salsa" and I found nowhere in the freezer or fridge bag for day 2 a corn fritter, the closest thing I found was a random piece of frozen bread?

For anyone who has had the fritters, is this normal? is the fritter just a piece of bread? or could they have made a mistake or maybe run out of fritters and put a piece of bread in instead?

It doesn't say what I'm meant to do either am I supposed to just let it defrost then have it or am i meant to heat it in the microwave or?

Thanks guys.
Daniel
January 4th 2016: 101kg
XdanielX

Return to Weight loss Talk