It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

sushi bad for you?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

sushi bad for you?

Postby sss_girl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:32 am

i was just wondering how good/bad is sushi?
sss_girl

Re: sushi bad for you?

Postby Karnak » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:52 am

No - quite the opposite. Calorie King has it around 50cals a serve (for a californian roll) depending on the filling and 1.5g of fat or less per serve. Additionally Nori (the seaweed wrap part) is a great source of Calcium, Zinc, iodine and the cancer fighting Lignans :P .

Only thing to keep a check on is the amount of soy sauce you might add to it as its high in sodium.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby MissMinx » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:02 pm

If only they were able to make nori rolls with brown rice arghhhhhhhhh! the only thing that puts me off is the white rice. Read below:

"Refined grains like white rice and those used to make white bread and sugary breakfast cereals have had most of their fiber and nutrients stripped away. They turn into blood sugar (glucose) so fast that, like sugar itself, they can cause a spike in our insulin level. This tells our body that plenty of energy is readily available and that it should stop burning fat and start storing it. "

So the answer is when trying to lose weight steer clear from all white rice... I'll eat nori rolls every now and then when im at my goal weight but not on a regular basis. Especially if you're so close and only have a few kgs to lose then eating nori rolls on a regular basis will not help the process.

Cheers
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Strawberry » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:48 pm

it's like everything else - all in moderation. Even too much good healthy food can cause weight gain.
Strawberry

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:20 pm

I agree with that Strawbs, we all know Maccas and the like are bad for us but would it make much difference if we had it once every three months or so ? As long as we eat healthy the bulk of the time I wouldn't think it does much harm.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby sss_girl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:13 pm

i like going to those sushi train places....

but how plates should i be getting?

like dont people usually get like 5 plates or so?
sss_girl

Postby becky123 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:12 pm

hahahaha i have been going to a sushi place on my lunch break at work and i swear if i eat any more sushi i will turn into sushi. i know there are other options around, but depending on who i was eating with and how long the lifts took at work depended an what i had. haha imagine me a giant sushi roll!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wC4pRx2/]
[/url]
becky123

Return to Weight loss Talk