It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Help me Please

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Help me Please

Postby ranger 2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi I know that I haven't been on for a while. I am putting on weight really badly and as a result am feeling fat, depressed and upset. I was going really well for a while but know I have lost all motivation to loose weight that I really need to loose. I'm eating food that I shouldn't be I am a stay at home mum and am bored so that is why I eat all the time. I would love to work from home but don't really know what I can do.

Please any advice would be much appreciated.
Jodi :(
ranger 2

Re: Help me Please

Postby Freddy » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:47 am

What kind of education have you had? Just to think along on what you might be able to do from home...

Try drinking more water. Have a 1/2 liter bottle filled with water with you at all time.

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:55 am

I too put most (not all) of my weight on when I stopped working.

I agree with Freddy, get started on the water and perhaps start taking daily walks and/or get yourself a set of little weights and do them.
Good luck :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Postby chucky » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:47 pm

I put on weight when I was at home too. But during this time, I jumped on the scales and nearly had a heart attack. I know its heaps easier to say, but can you cut up some veiges and snack on them when your hungry (or not hungry)

13/10/08 - 88KG
GW: 70KG

Postby Fireball » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:21 am

Hey Jodie

It is so easy to get into a bit of a rut when you're at home all the time. If you aren't already doing it, do consider planning in advance what you will what you will have for snacks and meals and try not to have too much other tempting stuff around. Do ensure you fit some exercise in to your routine too as this can help you feel more postive and less depressed.

The other thing you mentioned that you are bored and would like to work from home. It is great that you have recognised this is a an issue for you. I dont think it is healthy for you or your children if you feel you are stuck in a rut.
Try doing an inventory - A good place to start, is to consider - What do you enjoy doing? What skills do you have? Are you prepared to undertake some study to improve your skills? Decide what would suit your lifestlye - eg how may hours a week and when could you do it? Do some research on things that interest you. There are schemes available to help people set up their own business and places you can get advice, eg. Business Enterprise Centers. Once you start to consider your options, you are likely to notice all kinds of opportunities around you as our brains are wired to identify what we are focusing on. Good Luck

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Weight loss Talk