It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Free Newsletter

Beginning my Weighloss - Need some Help

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginning my Weighloss - Need some Help

Postby switch » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Hey guys,

all my life ive been a little bit chubbier than normal. I have quite a lot of muscle mass and if only I could get my bodyfat% down it'll be all sweet. Here are some photos, how many kilos you reckon I have to shed? I was thinking about 10-15 kilos?

Im currently 105kg and 6"2'. (189cm)

If I eat well and go for a 25-30minute constant run every morning before breakfast will that pretty much be the trick? how long will it take?
switch

Re: Beginning my Weighloss - Need some Help

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:04 am

You would be better off talking to your GP or a dietician. Everyone Is different. :) Welcome though
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Switch,

You dont look overly overweight - the advantage of those extra cms to spread a few kilos around. :D What you are suggesting sounds quite realistic to me. You may be able to lose more weight but maybe see how you feel when you are getting close to your goal.

Its genearlly recommended to lose around 1/2 to 1 kilos a week. People who lose weight too quick without adjusting to their new lifestyle often put it straight back on again.

Goodluck

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby switch » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:09 pm

thanks for the replies guys.

I just really wanna lose another 10 or so kilos everyone says it will bring me over that edge between chubby and lean.

Is running before breakfast a good idea? Some have said its not...
switch

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Well instead of losing kilos head to the gym and tone up. I Think you are at quite a nice size you just need some tone. I think thats probably what you are after. weights training will help you lose fat and gain muscle. Its best to ask a PT or something about it, they have the BEST advice.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby liza.hyden » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Everyone has different eating habits , which effects their body. we just need to control over our diet. Before I was not able to control myself and I used to forget that I am on diet. But it effects on my dieting then one of friend told me aboutmark Patrick’s programs. Programs is really awesome and its gives a way to live healthier life. Their weight loss programs are designed to help eliminate the behaviors that are making us overweight. Really it worked for me and I have reduced my weight. I think you also have to try it and I hope you will also find some great results in yourself.

*****inappropriate website plugging removed*****
liza.hyden

Return to Weight loss Talk