It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Duromine weight loss journey. ADVICE needed.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Duromine weight loss journey. ADVICE needed.

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Hey everyone,

Throughout this website i just discovered it has been amazing to see all the great support everyone has for eachothers weight loss stories regarding Duromine. I started taking 30mg Duromine 9 days ago and have seen small results in a small amount of time which makes sense. I have not lost a dramatic amount of weight thank goodness because small progress will allow me to keep that weight off once i un-subscribe to Duromine. I have 50kgs to lose and it has been a hard road trying to lose this weight but it wont budge. I have tried weight watchers, reductil, tony ferguson, jenny craig, my own regime of dieting and exercise and nothing has worked, i just seem to lose 10kgs at the maximum then put it back on again once i stop whichever program i am on. I hope this is finally the answer i have been looking for by taking Duromine and i guess it is a last resort having tried everything else. I do not have an addictive personality and my doctor assessed my current health conditions and informed me that it was safe for me to begin the first trial month (I will have regular check-ups every fortnight just to be safe). I have not suffered the side effects everyone else has warned me about this medication. I am still sleeping well and have not been moody or over alert and still have an appetite. The mildest side effects have just been getting really thirsty and knowing when enough is enough at meal time so i dont overeat like i used to (thats not a bad thing). This duromine has given me control over my previous bad eating habits and the lack of water in my diet. Its only a 3 month kickstart and then i will maintain my healthy eating with regular exercise to reach my goal weight of 65kg. I have only lost about 4kg but i guess it is a start to my weight loss journey. I would love to hear other peoples weight loss journeys and any advice they may have to assist me in losing the whoping 50kg i need to lose!! Id love to hear some other positive stories like my own regarding Duromine :) Will have to keep you all posted :) Have a gud day. I started my new health start kick on 16/10/08 weighing in at a disgusting 125kg, and as to date today 25/10/08 i weigh 121kg. Its all a start cant wait to be fit and healthy and start a whole new lifestyle being that i am only 20 years old. I hope others will comment regarding their own personal stories :)
This is the start of forever. . .With faith i can succeed

- Danni XoXo

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ8ypqd/]
[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Re: Duromine weight loss journey. ADVICE needed.

Postby warriorcat » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:00 am

Hello beautiifulgiirl and congratulations on recommencing your weightloss journey :)

I have been taking Duromine since the end of June 2008 and have none of the side effects that other people seem to endure.

I stop taking Duromine for a couple of weeks in between each script and I haven't put any of the weight back on because I continue with the healthy eating and exercise regime that I have been on in conjunction with taking Duromine. A lot of people say that "they put the weight back on" after taking Duromine, but it's like any weightloss regime, if you go back to the old eating habits of course you'll gain weight!

Duromine really helped me cut out sugar from my diet and even when I have stopped taking Duromine I don't crave sugar like I used to.

Can I ask, what made you put on weight once you stopped the other weightloss programs? Did you stop eating healthy, or stop exercising, or give up because you weren't seeing results?
I don't know if Duromine is the "answer" you've been looking for, as like the other programs if you return back to unhealthy eating then you will probably put the weight back on, but I think the mistake most people make with Duromine, is that because it suppresses the appetitie, they don't eat ANYTHING, lose heaps of weight quickly, and then stop taking it and go back to bad habits. THey haven't really learnt anything.

One of my friends gains and loses weight all the time and when she wants to lose weight she takes Duromine but hardly eats anything and then when she does eat she'll only eat a chocolate bar for dinner or a cheeseburger or something rubbish. When she's not on Duromine she goes to the gym heaps and walks and she wonders why she never loses weight but she eats so much crap that all the exercise probably isn't enough to create a calorie deficit. She really hasn't learnt anything no matter what we all say.

Remember to stick to 5 or 6 small and healthy meals a day, drink heaps of water and do some exercise. Also don't forget to change your exercise regime every now and then to avoid plateauing.

Good luck! :) Feel free to PM me at anytime if you need to.

:D

Warriorcat
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkR2Tlx/]
[/url]
warriorcat

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:57 am

Hey warriorcat,

Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it :D I failed at all my other weight loss attempts because i went back to my old habits and not exercising once i hit the 10kg mark. However, this is the heaviest i have EVER been in my life, and at 20 years old i know i cannot live like this anymore for the sake of my health. My mother and sister are also trying to lose weight currently so we are supporting eachother which is a first experience for me and its great :) I know i need to do this for myself and i feel duromine is just my kickstart to help shed those extra few kgs, but after duromine i will continue eating healthy and exercising. I am eating 4 small meals a day at the moment, and drinking heaps of water and trying to exercise. I dont know how people just stop eating once they start taking duromine - its a wonder why they pile the weight back on when they finish the script. I havent had any side effects either like everyone says which is good !

Ur weight loss journey is awesome you shud be proud :D So how much have you lost ? what was your starting and goal weight? How do you manage 5 or 6 small meals a day....what kind of meals do you eat? I wud appreciate any feedback you have :) I feeld ifferent this time with my weight loss journey. I have never joined a forum like this or had the support of my family and friends which i do this time round. It has helped so much because i cant fall backwards they are helping me to push myself forward. I am not on duromine to shed weight fast like some people use it for (your friend), i am only taking it to give me a weight loss booster and kick start my journey.

I do hope to hear from you soon :)

I am unsure how to PM? i tried but it didnt work and lost a whole message i had written to you lol

Danni

- Danni XoXo

[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby Alexandra » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 am

Danni

Hello - I took duromine for a while. I did lose some weight on it but did put it back on when I began eating rubbish and not exercising. I'm 33 years old and have weighed between 75kgs and 127kgs between the time I was 18 and now. It's fair to say I am a yo-yo dieter. I don't have the answers - I wish I did. I think duromine has a place in helping people lose weight (under medical supervision like you), and especially for people like us who have a lot to lose and the mountain seems very high to climb, but I unfortunately experienced the side effects you spoke of in your post and I think most of us do.

Have a read through some of Shalimar's posts. She is an inspiration to a lot of us here - She has lost an amazing 70kgs. In some of her posts she has explained her methods to success which is simply healthy eating and daily exercise. I know she has helped me. I know it may seem like stating the obvious, but there really is no substitute for healthy eating and exercise - if you can do that, you will have success!

Good luck

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Tue May 05, 2009 11:08 am

Thanks Alex, (sorry its late but i just rejoined recently)...

What you said does make sense to me. I am trying to make sure i exercise...but i am on 30mg at the moment and didnt exercise this week and ate fairly healthy (minus maccas last night) and i lost 2kgs still. I just dont get it lol. I wonder what everyones eating habits are like on duromine? Coz im eating normal and not really exercising..and still losing weight. Hmm. My proportions have been majorly cut down though. I cant believe how much i used to eat! I really am motivated to do well this time around...I have set myself a goal to hopefully be down a few dress sizes by christmas ! In 6 months im sure i can achieve that. Yess sue is such an inspiration. She is almost to her goal cudnt believe it !!! Thats hard work and dedication.....sumfin we are all striving for.

Anyways hows ur journey going? Have u reached ur goal yet?

Danni xo

- Danni XoXo

[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby Czarina » Tue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm

If you have failed 'diets', maybe you should try something like Calorie King, which is more of a lifestyle change. Then you won't have to worry about taking pills and what will happen when you have to go off them.
Czarina

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Tue May 05, 2009 5:39 pm

That's a gd point. Wat exactly is calorie king?

- Danni XoXo

[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby Czarina » Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Calorie King is a website where you can do yourself a profile, and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. It also educates you on what sort of foods to eat (can even generate a meal plan for you!), and what challenges you may face. I have using CK for over a year, I have lost over 30kg and I never go hungry! I know I can easily keep this up for the rest of my life! :D

Check it out, you won't regret it!

http://www.calorieking.com.au

P.S. It's free! :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Wed May 06, 2009 9:53 am

Oh my gosh. WHY has it taken me sooo long to find that website! Thats amazing....i have signed up (woo hoo its free lol) and cant believe im meant to be eating 2000 calories a day! :O i havent been eating anything near that....so will make sure of it from now on :D its cool how you can make ur own meal plans and everything. Yeah i fink ur right i do need a lifestyle change...and this just may be the new beginning im looking for :) Another week begins. A lot of friends of mine think you lose weight by not eating but since looking at CK i have learnt how important it is to balance ur food intake and make sure u r eating! Hmm still gonna stick to the duromine though at the same time - might help me to shed a few extra kilos but after the 3 month kick start ill just carry on with my journey. wooo hooo!!

- Danni XoXo

[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Wed May 06, 2009 9:54 am

P.S :O :O :O wow u have lost 30kgs!! good on you...thats amazing i bet you must be close to your goal. wat a difference! congratulations! :)

- Danni XoXo

[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby Czarina » Wed May 06, 2009 10:54 am

I've gone from an Obese 110kg, to 72.7kg and in the healthy weight range, though at the upper-end so I'm going to lose a few more and aim for somewhere in the middle.

CK is a brilliant website, I wouldn't be where I am now if I hadn't found that site! I had all intentions of starving myself to lose weight, but my boyfriend wasn't having any of it! I found Calorie King, and he basically dared me to give it a go, at first, I thought it was a crazy idea that you could lose weight by eating more, but I gave it a couple of weeks, and lost weight both weeks - and I haven't looked back!

Don't expect huge "Biggest Loser" style losses, the idea of CK is to do things the healthy way, steady losses of .5kg - 1kg a week. It is a lot better for your body this way, and will help minimise saggy skin.

Good luck! :D
Czarina

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah thats true im not aiming for big losses thats just unrealistic. And i DEFINITELY dont want saggy skin :( have joined the gym so hopefully ill keep toning as i lose.

Im trying to eat healthy meals to add up the 2000 calories but then im thinking to myself - well i cud just eat a maccas meal sumwhere in the day and i wont be over my calories but maccas isnt good for me but then i think im eating up to my 2000 calories so i shudnt gain right even if the food is wrong....? am i right? or am i wrong? do u get what i mean lol sorry im confusing !!! but thats just the demons in my head im fighting them and aiming for everything nutritional :)

You shud be so proud thats a huge loss ! and man going from over 100kgs to a healthy range - thats a goal i hope to reach. Yeah bf's never let us do anything too rational at times haha ur right that its a lifetsyle change.

- Danni XoXo

[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby Czarina » Wed May 06, 2009 11:35 am

Ha ha, isn't it a bummer when we have to admit the boyfriend was right? LOL!

You are right to be trying to fill up your calories with healthy foods, it can be easy to go for the Macca's, but it's not great for your health. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with having something like that once a week, I do! It's the old 80-20 rule, eat the healthy stuff for 80% of the time and some naughtier things for the rest. If you're finding it hard to reach 2000 calories, try eating some calorie-dense healthy foods like nuts, avocados, olive oil and even higher fat dairy, and you can switch to lower-calorie and lower-fat dairy when you lose and your calories are reduced.

It's good to hear that you want to lose at a sensible rate and eat lost of healthy food, with plenty of fruit and vegetables. :D
Czarina

Postby beautiifulgiirll » Wed May 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Oh ur like my very own personal dietician haha! thanks heaps really helpd...your so wise..i can tell you have definitely changed your lifestyle lol

Yes...hate admitting when the bf is right..but when ya look back you think...hmmm ill give u the credit just this once haha! :P

Good idea with the nuts. i love nuts like almonds and cashews (unsalted of course) haha and avacados. yummm ! hmmmm and ur idea of the higher calcium options...i may get full cheese now instead of light cheese. how many calories are u on now that ur in ur weight range?

- Danni XoXo

[/url]
beautiifulgiirll

Postby Czarina » Wed May 06, 2009 1:03 pm

I'm on 1390 at the moment, and the beauty of CK is I get to eat more when I exercise! But I find 1390 plenty if I eat the right foods. When I get to where I want to be, and go on maintenance calories I'll probably be up around the 1800 - 2000 mark.
Czarina

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk