It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:36 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson Program

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Tony Ferguson Program

Postby juliejag » Mon May 22, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi everyone, Can someone tell me please more about the Tony Ferguson Program? Anyone on the program? I have a friend at work who wants to start and is trying to entice me in going. Ive tried a 'shake' diet before and got bored with it. I would be interested to find out from anyone out there abit more about the program. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
juliejag
juliejag

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 22, 2006 9:23 pm

Hi Julie,
There are a few people here who are on the TF plan and they have a forum dedicated to it somewhere on here.
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1561
I'm sure the girls would love to tell you all about it, I know it's working well for Dolly.
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Mon May 22, 2006 11:57 pm

Hi Julie, Several of us were on the Tony Ferguson Program.
I agree that the shakes are pretty sweet which gets a bit boring, but recently they've added a curry and there's a cream of chicken soup. It's a very low caloric program that has been medically approved with extrodinarily fast weight loss (if you're brave enough to stick it out)
The first 3 days are the toughest as you get carb and caffeine withdrawals and because the calorie intake is so low you also feel hunger pains. Once you've survived the first 2 or 3 days you see a daily weight loss and no longer feel hungry at all. The shakes are soy protein, vitamins and the secret ingredient iodine which increases the metabolism.

The TF Plan helps you become ketogenic where your insulin level drops to a healthy level where you then enter a state of ketosis and body fat is burnt as energy, it actually makes the body run more efficiently

I think the other girls may have joined the TONY FERGUSON forum, so I stopped going on the TF Program because their forum is scatty and you're not really able to chat consistently with any one person.
I think I'm now going veggo (Ornish Diet) for a while for better heart health :D But I might return to the TF Program one day as the weight loss was daily.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 am

I wondered what had happened to the 2 Hayleys! They have deserted us then huh!!! I hope they are doing well with the TF diet still. And a change is always as good as a holiday Dolly!!! You did do well while you were on it but I was worried about your thyroid medication being affected. Good to see you taking a rest from the diet and trying something else.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Tue May 23, 2006 10:52 am

Thanks Rochelle.
How are those ovarian cyst pains, is the doc able to help you or is he only dishing out the pain killers for each cycle just before they burst?

Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 23, 2006 11:26 am

There isn't much that they can do about them. I'm not letting them touch my ovaries. When I spoke to the radiologist that was doing my ultra sound, she said she suffers from them also. The one I had on there was a large one, and that was on its way down! She said there really isn't much that can be done, which I already knew from having ultra sounds etc a few years ago. Anyway we discussed that I was now on the pill and she thought that might help settle them down. Which is possible I think. Anyway she said the doc will probably send me back for another ultra sound in 6 weeks. well the doc is insisting on seeing me, even tho I know my prognosis!!! So I am seeing her Thursday. I'm not really impressed because she will say go back and have another ultra sound. But I'm not going to because what is the point???? So I will get a script for panadeine forte and another script for the pill cos she only gave me 3 months before!!! But it's so annoying because I didn't want to go this week but she is insisting on seeing me before she goes on hols for a few weeks! It's Alex's birthday friday so I didn't want to go to Busselton on thursday, plus I was planning on going to Bunbury next week to take the treadmill back, but with the price of fuel I can't do those 2 trips, plus Busselton on saturday for Alex's soccer!!! Thats like 500km!!! And pretty close to $100 worth of fuel! So now I have to take the treadmill back this week, a week early, and then go to Busselton on the way home. Bloody doctors!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby tess88 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have just ordered the TF shakes and will start next week, do they definately work? I now have a personal trainer 5 times a week i really need to lose this weight and any info on whether it works or not would be great!!
thanks
Tess
tess88

Postby Dolly » Wed May 24, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi tess, yes the TF Shakes really work. If you can stick it out to the letter. Below is an example of what would happen in your day.

Breakfast
Shake mixed in water

Snack
couple of apples

Lunch
Palm sized chicken
salad

Snack
bowl of vegetble soup

Dinner
Shake mixed in water

Snack
Diet Jelly (I make and set mine in a drinking mug)
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Wed May 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi Dolly,
Wow thanks for that info im basically eating that at the moment just without the shakes. Im always on the run so to just whip up a shake for breakfast and dinner is so convenient! Instead of having a vegetable soup for an afternoon snack can I have some veggies or a piece of fruit and if i have a piece of fruit then only have one piece of fruit for my morning snack?
Thanks for your help.
Tess
tess88

Postby Dolly » Wed May 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Sounds good Tess. The reason the shakes work so well is because they have a measured amount of iodine in them to boost the metabolism and the whole diet is only around 680 cals but it's okay to go so low because it's filled with vitamins and protein and has been medically approved. That's why the weight loss is so fast. but the moment you eat sugar or grain, caffeine or alcohol it reverses the chemical ketosis level and you're back to day one again.
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Wed May 24, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi Dolly,
Ok so say if this was to be my eating plan:

Breakfast: Shake
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Palm sized chicken and salad
Snack: Banana
Dinner: Shake

Couple of questions, do i have to have another snack after dinner? How many cups of green tea am i able to have or can i not have them because of the caffeine? Sorry, another question, howcome the shakes are really sweet but are still good for you?
Thanks so much for answering these questions.
Tess
tess88

Postby Dolly » Wed May 24, 2006 4:37 pm

you can also have a diet jelly with that as a snack
and you must have two pieces of fruit in the day from the low GI list that is in the little book they sell you for 9.95.
Caffeine is absolutely out, diet lemonade would be fine I think.
nescaffe decaffeinated coffee is good.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Wed May 24, 2006 10:47 pm

I wonder where Hayleyd has gone, I hope she's alright and joins us on the Tony Ferguson diet again when we start up in 4 weeks time.
Dolly

Postby juliejag » Thu May 25, 2006 10:10 pm

Hi everyone, After reading your comments on TF diet, this is actually very similar to the UltraLite Program (i believe support this website). I have been on this diet and yes I lost about 15kgs but it was the most miserable diet ive ever been on! I had to measure everything - even lettuce leaves! How ridiculous! No I will definitely not go ahead with TF diet, just thinking about it makes me feel blah :( Realistically you can not stay on this diet long term. Trust me, you will put your weight back on as soon as you go off the diet!
juliejag

Postby Hayley » Fri May 26, 2006 10:58 am

Hi Juliejag,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the ultralite program :( . I've tried that too and did not like the shakes or soup at all and the weighing/measuring really got to me too!

However, the TF diet shakes taste so much better and seem to fill me up more than the ultralite ones. You don't have to weigh stuff on the TF diet - as long as you keep your protein allowance to a palm-sized portion and eat at least 3 cups salad/vegies per day from the allowed list (which is very good).

My personal experience is that the TF diet is much easier for me to stick to and because you can eat basically unlimited vegies from the allowed list (some of us have been making up the Weight watchers no-points soup minus the carrot), you can eat this as many times per day as you like, so you don't feel as though you're going without food. It also made me look at the amount of vegies I was eating before the TF diet and I realise it was not enough.

Each to their own though, so good luck with whatever you choose. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk