It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Free Newsletter

For nights out

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

For nights out

Postby redrose78 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:47 pm

Ok, I have a social gathering in two weeks, BBQ coming up in a three weeks, three weeks after that will be my 30th. I would like to be under 99kgs (6kgs to go) to kick off the new year but worried about the kj content of alcohol, which of course I will be drinking at these events. I have been trying to think of ways to limit my kj intake while still being able to be social and have some drinks with my friends.
A friend today told me about sugar free cruisers. Just wondering if anyone has tried them? Also wondering if they are just as bad as the regular ones, due to the artificial sweetners? I mean if I am going to be bad I might as well try to limit the damage! Thanks
redrose78

Re: For nights out

Postby Jisgone » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:02 pm

hey :)

i drink sugar free cruisers every now and then, they taste a bit different to the original ones but still taste good
they are only 70 calories each, so a 4 pack at 280 calories could fit in to a days eating quite easily, maybe just do some extra exercise to make up for it
i wouldnt reccomend skipping dinner to make up for the drinks because it can lead to u mindlessly snacking once youve had a few drinks which can be really bad for your weightloss!
Jisgone

Postby Czarina » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Sugar-free cruisers are pretty decent, and about 100 calories less per bottle than the regular ones. Another option would be Vodka with fresh lime and soda water, but only if you like the flavour of Vodka!
Czarina

Postby Jisgone » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 pm

i was thinking of that option too, but unless u measure your vodka in a shot glass before it goes in the drink im inclined to put wayyy more than 1 shot in a glass :) and once i get tipsy its all over haha half vodka to half mixer
Jisgone

Postby Czarina » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Sounds like me! That's why I now have one of those shot measuring thingies that you put on the bottle!
Czarina

Postby redrose78 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Lol, thanks for your replies. Have spent the last hour searching the web, doing the math. I have to say it looks like shots of Vodka are the way to go. 55 calories per shot, whereas the sugar free cruisers are like 75 calories a bottle.But then I look at wine. Which is approx 550 calories a bottle, so it is pretty much ten shots equals a bottle of wine. Hmmm, not sure what to do with this dilemma. And no, the answer isn't just don't drink at all :P
redrose78

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 pm

:) hehe. Drinking. I like the Vodka shots with soda water. Its pretty simple. I hope you find something.
I now dont have that problem :(
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby MissMinx » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Hi Redrose,

I would probably steer clear from the unsweetened cruisers...just cause they can be pretty bad for us..

What Ive been doing is having vodka mixed in with soda water and then a touch of juice...whether it being blackcurrent, cranberry and even orange juice...that way its mainly made up of soda water, bit of sugar from the juices and then the vodka shot! All really really refreshing tastes - i love them.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Oh and pineapple juice too is another great flavour to add :)
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Return to Weight loss Talk