It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:48 am

Free Newsletter

A beginner's question

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

A beginner's question

Postby Eri » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:13 am

If I eat healthily (I'm not big on counting calories) and exercise at least 4 hours a week,
will that be enough to lose 4 kilos in 5-6 weeks?
Up until now I've been exercising at random intervals.
I'd really appreciate it, if someone could give me some numbers. Just something to start with :)
Eri

Re: A beginner's question

Postby Karnak » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 am

4 Kilos over that time frame is fairly reasonable. My suggestions would be :

* Focus on vegetables, a couple of bits of fruit and lean meat
* Watch portion sizes
* Watch fats, oils etc.
* Get rid of junk food and processed food where possible.
* Watch drinks - they can have calories too
* Exercise at least 30 minutes and get a bit sweaty and puffy

One other suggestion, if your not counting calories or doing points or whatever, plan in advance what your going to eat each day. Also write down the foods your eating throughout the day. Its easy enough to forget the biscuit with the coffee etc

Good luck :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Great advice Karnak.

Pretty much what she said. Drink LOTS of water. It will help clear the toxins aswell.

With a portions a good way to measure it it palm sized protien, less carohydrates and most a plate of veggies (steamed not baked :P ) I was also reading that oils and fats make some nutrients easier to absorb so dont be afraid of a little of it.

What your sugars and switch to wholemeal if you can, extra fibre and you wont be eating empty cals.

My biggest thing. Is not to deny myself. I know if I say " Kaya you are NOT allowed >insert bad food here<" I will go out and binge like mad on that particular food. Everyone is different with those foods though.

Best of Luck.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Freddy » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:34 pm

I hardly have to say anything at all anymore, great advice above.

However, there are some kinds of fish that have good oil in them. Not sure what the English names for them are, maybe one of the above posters know...
Freddy

Postby Eri » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:12 am

great, thanks! 8)
Eri

Postby bluet » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Its absolutely possible to lose 4 kilos in 6 weeks. That will be 8 pounds, right? Just a cardio workout in the morning and treadmill's exercise in the gym can give you the result.
bluet

Postby BDaniels » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 am

I lost 14 kg in 2 months. Know that it's been in a unhealthy way .. I mean that I do not think there is a problem to lose 4 kg in 5-6 weeks in a healthy way ..
Stick to the points that other members have already tipping you about, so there should be no problem!
Apologize for my poor English, let me know if I am too vague;)

// Martin
BDaniels

Postby Freddy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:41 pm

bluet wrote:Its absolutely possible to lose 4 kilos in 6 weeks. That will be 8 pounds, right? Just a cardio workout in the morning and treadmill's exercise in the gym can give you the result.

I dont think that's completely true. I can work out as much as I want, but I don't lose weight in the gym. I do lose weight when riding my bike to work and back though (50km). However, you should remember that your body will start demanding more food/calories, so that slightly rules each other out. I think a combination of the gym and a change in food patterns combined should give the result for sure.
Freddy

Postby BDaniels » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:33 pm

There are very many good way for weightloss, you must find a way that works and is good for yourself..
I have found my way, but there is no healthy way. And I want to try to find a new way..

// Martin from Sweden
BDaniels

Postby mumnbub » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Omega-3 is the good oil in fish- get plenty of it and take suppliments if need me, it will go a along way to helping you reach your gaol

Everyone is different and its almost impossible to predict how much weight you can lose over a certain period of time. Its great to have goals- in fact i think its essential, but only time and control will tell you how much you will lose.

Stick to eating a healthy balanced diet and moving for at least 30min every day doing a variety of exercise including cardio and weight bearing exercise. If you follow a healthy weight loss plan your body will naterally reach a healthy weight.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby flaminjo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:59 pm

yup you can! 4 kgs easily, with 4 hours of ecercise and healthy meals yes you can. but i would suggest you to go little slow. no need to work out for 6-7 days, give your body a though rest. i prefer working out for four days a week. rest three days i dont, i feel rejuvenated after the week is over..
flaminjo

Return to Weight loss Talk