It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:07 am

Free Newsletter

I wasn't going to do this but....

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I wasn't going to do this but....

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi all, as some of you know I'm taking a break from here for a while. It could be for a week or so or it could be longer. I'm expecting this to be deleted but so be it.

Before I go I would like to clear a few things up......

For quite some time I was on 2 meals a day as I said before I couldn't stomach breakfast so I didn't have it and yes I did eat less than I should have but, in my opinion, it's far better than stuffing yourself stupid.

I now have three meals a day including a decent breakfast, decent lunch and decent tea and if I feel like snacking fruit or some chopped up vegetables is what I have has opposed to lollies....naughty me.

Along with adding in breakfast I have upped my daily calorie intake I thought I had made that clear on numerous occasions but obviously not clear enough.

I have no idea why I feel the urge to clear some things up, it's not my style but perhaps I just want to make sure people have the facts.

Either way I'm off, I don't tolerate pettiness off line, I'm not going to tolerate it online.

Good luck to all in their battle I'm sure you'll do it.
Take care, take it easy, and of course stay healthy, Sue.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Re: I wasn't going to do this but....

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:16 pm

Sorry to read that you've had trouble on here, Sue - that's not good!

I thought your food diary looks great! And obviously it was working for you, you've lost so much weight, that's fantastic. Everyone has their own calorie limit that allows them to lose weight - can't believe people would be so judgemental :(

Best wished for your continued weight loss :D

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:36 pm

Unfortunately we are women. Women can be b****'s as we all well know being of the heavier persuasion ( :P ). We just have to learn to ork with one another and not cop each other out and push people away. Thats how we end up alone and unhappy.

20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9

Postby meegs » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Hey Sue,
Have a good break - whatever you choose to do.

I don't have any issues with what you choose or do not choose to eat, really what anyone chooses or does not choose to eat... We all have to do it in our own time, in our own way.

Take care, and keep smiling - you are doing such a great job.

Meegs :D

Postby Jisgone » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:30 pm

hey sue :) i dont know you but ive been around this site for quite a while and theres always going to be censored people!
people get jealous and use other people to make themselves feel better so its best just to ignore them and do what works for you :)
keep doing what your doing, i saw your pics and your looking awesome and i hope to see you back soon

Postby ali76 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Good luck with everything...please keep in touch - I want to know WHEN (not if!) you reach goal.

Take care hun!

SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Sorry to see you leave us, Sue. Even if it's only for a few weeks you will be missed! I haven't been online here that much recently but you've always been a positive contributer to this forum and I've enjoyed reading your posts. You're right that encountering negativity online is just as stressful as dealing with it in real-life. I completely understand your decision to take a bit of a break; I've done so myself on other forums before for similar reasons. Please, please, please come back to us though! You're full of good advice and a terrific online conversational companion. I would hate for you to leave permanently. We'd miss you too much!

Postby redrose78 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:37 pm

Is your choice, but don't be leaving because of others. I have only been here a short while and you are a great support and help to others in this forum. Please don't let people discourage you. If you have your mind made up on leaving I wish you all the best, and keep up the good work, you are doing great. Also, most importantly, be kind to yourself and take care of yourself.

Postby Littlegirl » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi Sue,

Im sorry to hear that you are leaving. I hope that it is only temporary. I know it can only be person that spoils the broth if you catch my drift, but you have so many others of us who are encouraged and have become your friends and are inspired by your weight loss, and you also encourage many of us on when we feel like giving up. Whatever you choose to eat through the day is really your own business and no one elses. We are lucky to be living in a country where we can access as much food as we choose to, but also a high obesity rate. We hope to see you back soon. :D

Postby curvygirl » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:39 pm

Sue I know that you feel dissapointed at the moment but you know you will be missed. Everyone does have a different plan of attack and thats whats great here we can share it. You are a lovely person and you have done an amazing job to loose 70 kilos. Hope to see you back soon and keep up the great work.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011

Postby Fireball » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Sue, I obviously missed some of what is going on here. You have been a fabulous inspiration. People can comment on what you have been doing but at the end of the day we are all on our own individual journey for better or for worse. We are responsible for ourselves. We can only try to support each other on the way. Some times people do get carried away in how to do this and as well sometimes the words don't come out right. Please don't let this put you off coming back. Soon.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey Sue,

I've been away for a few weeks and think I might have missed out on whats caused you to need a break, however I just want you to know that you are an amazing inspiration!! You have lost so much weight and what I love the most is that you did it your own way!! I'm a big believer in the fact that there is no one ultimate way to loose weight- what works great for someone will be awful for another and I'm just so happy to have seen you progress and carve out your own sue-style weight loss system :) Aside from all the interpersonal stuff that can go on I really hope you don't let it get to you or deter you from your ultimate goal. You have done such a fantastic job so far and I cannot wait to see a beaming picture of you looking even more fabulous at your goal weight.

Wishing you all the best with your weight loss and general happiness :)
Love, Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08

Postby Freddy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:53 am

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving. I don't have a lot to say, besides that you will be missed around... a lot!

Postby Alexandra » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:53 am

Sue - you are an amazing inspiration and have helped many many of us. In my short time here, I have really enjoyed your posts and contributions! You are a very special person and your weight loss journey is the benchmark for all of us to aspire! Take care of yourself and good luck with your continued weight loss goals - and as for any negative stuff that has been directed your way - it's totally ridiculous, uncalled for, inappropriate and 100% BOLLOCKS. You rock!

Take care, best wishes,

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi Sue,
I don't really know you but you've replied to alot of my threads and always said supportive things so I just want to say hope to see you back here soon. :)
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg

Return to Weight loss Talk