It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Free Newsletter

NO loss! Help!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

NO loss! Help!!

Postby gracie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:40 am

Hi all, I have been following a healthy eating life style for the past 2 weeks, the first week I lost 5kg :P .I knew this was too much and would not continue even though I did not starve myself. This week I have lost nothing I did not expect to lose 5kg but I did expect to lose at least something :( I am determined to continue as I am feeling a lot better in myself.Has anyone else experienced this?
gracie

Re: NO loss! Help!!

Postby Alexandra » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:48 am

Hi Gracie, yes, all the time, this week I even put on weight :oops: :( I fluctuate quite a bit mainly due to hormonal changes and fluid retention. After exercise, I can be 1 kg heavier too. I try not to weigh myself all the time, but it's hard. I do find I am a slave to the scales. Try taking your body measurments as well such as hips, waist etc and this will also show results. That way, when the scales let you down despite your good efforts, your motivation won't be as reduced and you'll be more inclined to continue on your healthy lifestyle. Congratulations on your weight loss to date. 2.5 kgs per week is a massive loss. :D "Experts" say steady weightloss of 0.5 - 1kg is all that is required so 2.5kgs is awesome!

Great stuff, best wishes

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby gracie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Alexandra, Thanks for the reply and I will take the advice on board, even though the scales showed no loss i can feel the difference in myself already. I also carry fluid, so will not take the scales too seriously just yet.
Keep up the good work :D
Cheers Grace
gracie

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:16 am

hi gracie,

my advice, not that i'm an expert - do not bother to weigh yourself, expect once-a-month. it is very hard to see 1kg less, honestly, if u exercise and stick to yr healthier eating-plan you WILL FEEL the difference, and when u weigh yrself at the end of the month you will REALLY feel u have accomplished a lot, weighing on a daily or weekly basis is bound to go up and down and feel unsatisfying.

mind you - i still have my 10kgs to lose so what do i know !! :roll:
kangagirl

Postby gracie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:47 am

Hi Kanga, Yep totally agree with you, seeing how I refused to weigh myself for over 5 years :roll: LOL I was just too scared and knew I would feel even more depressed. I have decided to do exactly what you have said and weigh in once a month. I really am more interested in how I feel and how loose my clothes are getting. I have lived in daggy old tracky pants for so long and I am so looking forward to go shopping for clothes and actually enjoy it :D
Thanks for your support and you have mine at anytime always :D xxxxxxxGrace
gracie

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:54 pm

good on you grace!! WOW, thanks for accepting my advice, i'm so glad i could be of help.
.... another tip which is helping me is wearing TIGHT CLOTHES (ONLY AT HOME OF COURSE!!) Like you I started wearing daggy, dark trackie pants and you kid yourself you are not toooo overweight and then it begins to look normal - eeeech, my husband noticed my dress standards dropping (shock as i used to dress bewtifully). so today i am in TIGHT SLEEVELESS TOP AND SHORTS at home and everytime i look at the choc custard calling me in the fridge i look at my tummy and thighs and think "NOPE" i have enuf fat on me thanks...so do whatever works. i am doing good now so far!!

GOOD LUCK and thanks :) :D
kangagirl

Postby helenelizabeth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:21 am

LOL! I know what you mean by being a slave to the scales! I got rid of mine years ago, but not having any can be a bit of head-in-the-sand defense! I weighed myself yesterday before starting a Holiday Challenge tomorrow (Saturday) and got an almighty shock!! I knew I was overweight, but not by how much.

However, I have also taken lots of measurements, before and after photos and will not weigh myself before the end of the challenge on 23rd December, as we don't have scales in the house (I have to go out for weighing!). I am going to go by measurements and how my clothes feel and what I look like in the mirror, because you will start to see the results, I promise.

Helen
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if
green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. ~Doug Larson

http://www.MumsWeightLossProgram.com
helenelizabeth

Postby gracie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:30 am

:oops: Well I wish I had have kept the old scales :roll: Went out and bought some new digital one's yesterday jumped on and was only 2 kg down on my starting weight :roll: So I was either heavier than I thought when I started or I put 3kg back on overnight :roll:
So I am starting all over again and from now on only weighing in every month!
Yes Helen, I had a huge shock when I got on the evil scales after many years and I agree whole heartedly that it is how you feel. I have been eating very well for almost 3 weeks and even though not much difference is registering on the scales, I feel sooooo much better already in myself :D
gracie

Postby kangagirl » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:11 pm

helenelizabeth wrote:LOL! I know what you mean by being a slave to the scales! I got rid of mine years ago, but not having any can be a bit of head-in-the-sand defense! I weighed myself yesterday before starting a Holiday Challenge tomorrow (Saturday) and got an almighty shock!! I knew I was overweight, but not by how much.

However, I have also taken lots of measurements, before and after photos and will not weigh myself before the end of the challenge on 23rd December, as we don't have scales in the house (I have to go out for weighing!). I am going to go by measurements and how my clothes feel and what I look like in the mirror, because you will start to see the results, I promise.

Helen

I agree with Helen - go by how yr clothes feel - what did they do in the days before scales? i just think the obsession with scales limits your OVERALL GOAL...if you do change yr lifestyle and eating habits, change will occur. having said that, do of course weigh-in at least once-a-month.

i find i am a real snacker...like a little mouse always looking for cheese,...what do you girls do to fight the hunger-pangs?? me, this week since joing the forum, talking to you all made me more aware of how much i really do snack regularly, so i am replacing my bikkies or health but large choices, for - -- herbal cups of tea (strawberry, cranberry, orange ..etc to feel like i am having nice sweets), low-fat cottage-cheese, and more fruit. This forum has already helped with those basic changes for me.
kangagirl

Postby Client » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:12 pm

gracie wrote:Hi all, I have been following a healthy eating life style for the past 2 weeks, the first week I lost 5kg :P .I knew this was too much and would not continue even though I did not starve myself. This week I have lost nothing I did not expect to lose 5kg but I did expect to lose at least something :( I am determined to continue as I am feeling a lot better in myself.Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi, Gracie! I would recommend to use except your diet some extra **LINK REMOVED - NO ADVERTISING PLEASE!** There is a big list so maybe you will find the one that fits you. Weight loss requires complex approach to dealing with it...
Client

Postby gracie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 am

Client wrote:
gracie wrote:Hi all, I have been following a healthy eating life style for the past 2 weeks, the first week I lost 5kg :P .I knew this was too much and would not continue even though I did not starve myself. This week I have lost nothing I did not expect to lose 5kg but I did expect to lose at least something :( I am determined to continue as I am feeling a lot better in myself.Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi, Gracie! I would recommend to use except your diet some extra STUFF *** No advertising junk, thanks***. There is a big list so maybe you will find the one that fits you. Weight loss requires complex approach to dealing with it...

You can keep your useless drugs "client" been there done that, was addicted to duramine many years ago and completely stuffed my metabolism, hence why it is so difficult for me now! I also think your blatant advertising of "stuff" is deplorable so thanks but NO thanks :roll:

Kanga :D I usually am not a sweet tooth, but love savoury foods, cheese etc, since eating healthy though I do find myself craving something sweet now and again. I bought a pack of coles trail mix and snack on a small hand full when the urge stikes, it's yummy and although fairly high in calories is full of nutrients. I too have low fat cottage cheese on sesame ryvita, and loe fat ricotta is yummy as well. Sounds like you are doing the right thing. Snacking is good apparently to keep the metabolism going.....heathy snaking that is :D Keep up the good work ....Gracexxxxxxxxxxx
gracie

Postby kangagirl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:52 am

hey grace,

yes i am snacking on the Coles Trail Mix now - tasty; i agree high in protein but at least its high protein and healthy, thnx for other ideas...keep strong :D
kangagirl

Postby gracie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Kanga, I have been trying to reply to your PM , but the silly thing keeps telling me I do not have permission :roll: lol 404 error keeps coming up. will try again later :lol:
gracie

Postby kangagirl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:28 pm

grace - not sure why you can't pm me - i also had same problem when trying to pm others...grhhh...VERY FRUSTRATING. i noticed if you don't put a subject OR the pm is too short it won't work, so try to change those 2 things and let me know how you go. :wink:
kangagirl

Postby gracie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:47 am

AHHHHHHHHH, tried again but still doing same thing! Kanga have you heard of the calorie king site, really great site for tracking progress etc.
gracie

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk