It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 am

Free Newsletter

I didn't lose enough

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I didn't lose enough

Postby wombwarrior » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi everyone, I have not been on all week because I got logged out and could not get back till today when the owner finally emailed me and got me back in, I was so upset not been able to be on here specially after just joining last sunday.

Anyways, last sunday is when my weight watching started and I weighed 88.8 well I weight myself yesterday and I barley los anything. I am now 88.2, so not even a kilo first week, gosh I am upset, all that hard work eating right and nothing!!!

I have just bought a treadmill, anyone else used one? And does it truly help if I walk everyday 3 times a day when I cant leave the house with the little ones?
wombwarrior

Re: I didn't lose enough

Postby Czarina » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Healthy weightloss is between .5kg - 1kg a week, so your result is completely normal!

You should be giving yourself a pat on the back! :)
Czarina

Postby wombwarrior » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:28 pm

I am so not happy with myself, a whole damn week and thats all I get!!!! I felt it was all a waste of time, but then I look at myself in the photos my kids took this last couple of weeks and think eeeek that is just so not me, so I stick with it!

I can say though I did no excersise whats so ever all week, no walking, only house work so I wonder if I was walking if it would help with the loss?

This is why I just bought a new treadmill, but I dont get it till thursday this week, do you think if I wlaked on it for one hour three times a day the weight might come off more??

So sorry for all the questions I am just feeling sad for myself, but have not given up and I wont, not till all this unwanted layers have left me!!!

Thank you so much for replying!!!
wombwarrior

Postby Czarina » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Walking will definitely helped, it has certainly helped me. But three hours a day will be too much, and not sustainable, I'd suggest starting with half-an-hour to an hour a day. Don't get discouraged by what you think are small losses, have a look in the fridge and see what 500g of butter (fat) looks like, it's not a small amount at all - and it all adds up!

I know sometimes it is frustrating and we want to see our bodies shrink quickly, but they are not built that way unfortunately!

Chin up :D
Czarina

Postby soontolookdamhot » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 pm

hey, walking 1hr, 3times a wk will definel help, drink did drink enough water? goodluck for our next weighin. :)
soontolookdamhot

Postby Alexandra » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:44 pm

I second Czarina's first post! Nearly a whole kilo is a great result in one week! You should be patting yourself on the back and keeping up the great work. A steady weight loss of 0.5 - 1 kg per week is the recommended weight loss. Introducing exercise, particularly walking is an important part of a healthy lifestyle and healthy weight management / weight loss. The recommended walking amount each day is 10,000 steps (which includes all steps you take in the course of a day -eg housework up the hall way, collecting the kids from school etc). If you include a 30-45 minute (depending on your daily activities) you will soon easily reach or surpass 10,000 steps daily. Pedometers are inexpensive ways to check how many steps you are doing (and fun too!).

Good luck with your weight loss efforts and goals! Best wishes

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby wombwarrior » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 pm

I drink about 1.7 litres a day and hate the damn stuff lol. I will just walk a hour a day then til I have got use to it. Thank you all for such warmth, I have no one to support me and its a tough road to start on but I refuse to give up this time, my kids need me alive .
wombwarrior

Postby helenelizabeth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:59 am

Walking is great if you have a lot of time as you really need to walk for a long time and distance to make any real effect. You need to do something in short bursts of energy like running on the spot for one minute, then marching for one minute. Rinse and repeat four times.

Combine this with weight resistant exercises 3 times a week. Add to this eating healthily, preferably 6 times a day, so taking your calorie intake for the day and splitting it 6 times including protein and produce with each meal.

You could perhaps do your exercises when your children are napping or if they are a little older perhaps they could play join in, making it fun for them as well as you! Hope this helps!

Helen
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if
green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. ~Doug Larson

http://www.MumsWeightLossProgram.com
helenelizabeth

Postby helenelizabeth » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:01 am

Just read your last post. You are making great strides by being here and making a start! Many people don't even get that far, so big pat on the back! It sometimes takes a little while to work out what works best for you, but stick with it because it will be worth it in the end!

Helen
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if
green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. ~Doug Larson

http://www.MumsWeightLossProgram.com
helenelizabeth

Postby mercyjunior » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:03 pm

drink water more and more, walk daily early in the morning and do not eat junk food. These will helps you a lot.
mercyjunior

Postby mum2james » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Don't beat yourself up over it. I had 2 weeks where I lost 0.3kg and although I was happy at losing I wanted to lose more. I slipped up last week, drank some wine which I don't usually do and gave in to the tiny teddies and this week I lost 1.3kg. :shock: Maybe I wasn't giving my body enough?

I thing I think really helped is using stairs. I take my son for a jog in the pram and we stop off at all the stairs along the way and I run up and down them until I am breathless. He encourages me by clapping and yelling "go go go".... :lol:
So I think shaking up my exercise routine helped.

Can you try different types of exercise like swimming, jogging, cycling, rollerblading? I really want to have a go at boxing, take some of my frustration out on the bag... :lol:

All the best for you next weigh in.. :D
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby mumnbub » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Every loss is a loss no matter how small. At least your heading in the right direction and at the end of your journey your not going to care if there were weeks when you did not lose much or put on some- which by the way, is bound to happen. Keep a chart of your weight loss so as you go along you will see the line heading down- there might be some bumps along the way but as long as its going down thats all that matters.
If you have only just started dont feel discouraged. For the first few weeks it should be about developing habbits so that you dont have to force yourself to do the right things and then the weight will really start to move.
Also, make sure you measure yourself as sometmes the weight wont budge but your measuremtns will- water weighs you down and so does extra muscle mass but if you have lost something it will show on the tape measure
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Fireball » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:15 am

Hey Wombat. How is it going? Losing anything is great. You're heading in the right direction and as long as you keep doing it eventually you will reach your goal weight! An idea for exericse - Dancing with your kids. When they are babies you carry them. When they are older they can dance along. We used to have soooo much fun. The kids loved it and it kept me fit. You can dance at any speed and concentrate on different areas of your body if you want. Good luck.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby bluet » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi there. If you haven't reach your target weight, dont be too guilty about it. Continue the work out, and try to switch your meal plan a little. Maybe some oat as a snack, or try to sleep more often. The tension to pursue your target can affect your health
bluet

Return to Weight loss Talk