It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

I haven't abandoned my fellow TF dieters - I'm back!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I haven't abandoned my fellow TF dieters - I'm back!

Postby Hayley » Wed May 24, 2006 11:50 am

Hi Dolly, Hayley D, other TF dieters and all the other lovely people who have been giving us so much support. I HAVE NOT ABANDONED THIS SITE AND I"M BACK!

I am finally back on line - My husband, son and I have all had the flu for the past week and a half. We're felling better but I'm still not completely over it. I wish I was, 'cos I'm so constantly tired and feel like I have no energy at all. I don't remember when I last felt this sick and it's not much fun.

My hubby has gone back to work today after a week off and I've finally found the time to jump back in to this forum. I have missed the daily communication and support and can't wait to get that back again.

Dolly, I read in another post that you are going off the TF diet and trying something new. How's that going for you? I hope all is well with that.

I haven't switched to the official TF site instead of this forum, 'cos the people here seem so much more supportive and this site works better for me.

Has anyone heard from Hayley D? I hope she's ok. I have not been following the TF diet for over a week now. I can't afford to buy more sachets and our circumstances at the moment (living with family and having no cash), really have negative impact on following any type of diet fullstop! I even have my treadmill advertised for sale at the moment, just to try and get some extra cash, but I'm really hoping no-one wants to buy it 'cos I want to keep it if I can.

When we move to Shark Bay, which will hopefully be in about 3 weeks, I intend on picking up the TF diet again and following it 100%. We will be in our own home, earning a regular income and therefore able to buy whatever food we want to and need.

Because we have no cash coming in at all at the moment, we're relying on my parents supporting us with food, which is very generous of them. The problem is that they are both emotional eaters or eat when they're bored and they are both terrible sweet and savoury addicts. They don't purchase much fruit or vegetables and they have so many tempting foods in the house: chocolate cakes, muffins, dougnuts, icecream, dips, biscuits, cheeses, creamy dinners, chips, heaps of rice and pasta dinners. This is why the TF diet is not practical for me at present. Once we're able to do our own shopping and we aren't bombarded with naughty foods, I will follow the TF diet and exercise daily, in order to drop the 23kg I need to.

I apologise if anyone thinks this is a cop-out but that's my situation at the moment and I'm being very honest about it. I am trying not to eat bad foods, which is difficult when that's all that's in the house and I am able to walk a little again, as my foot isn't as sore anymore.

So Dolly, if your're thinking of trying the TF diet again in the future, maybe you'd be interested in starting it agin with me in about 3-4 weeks, once I'm settled in Shark Bay? I'd really like to hear how your're going at the moment.

I'll be back again later to see how everyone's going.

Hayley.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Wed May 24, 2006 3:53 pm

Hayley, I'd love to start the Tony Ferguson Program with you and the other girls in 4 weeks.

Because Shark Bay is miles from the 3 WA TF outlets (at Esperance. Kardinya and Karrinyup) you'll probably have to order the sachets on line - https://www.tonyferguson.com/Purchase.aspx

You must be living in food hell with all those Tempting Bad foods all around you. I pray you stay strong.

hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed May 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Thanks Dolly, I'll try but it is hard.

Are you following another diet at the moment? If so, which one and how is it going?
Hayley

Postby Groovychic » Wed May 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi Hayley...........I do hope you are feeling better. I had the flu last year and was sick for 3 weeks with it. I was in bed for 2 weeks! Only getting up to do the very necessary things, like cook dinner, clean up and make the kids lunches for school!!! Yeah the old boy didn't help much! He gets this thing in his head that I am faking it most of the time. I get a lot of stomach pains because of the ovaries and I get a bit of IBS every now and then. If I get stressed out that is. So I try hard not to get stressed!!! He doesnt help matters at times! I've got the shits with him at the moment, so that is why I am whinging about him!!!! He cooked fish for dinner last night and he doesn't do anything about cleaning up. There was flour on the floor and all over the bench, oil splashed all over the hot plate, the skin and bones of the fish on the sink!!!! So I am still annoyed with him, even tho that was last night and I cleaned it up last night!!! Damn men!!! :roll: Anyway Haylet it's great to see you back again. I bet you can't wait to get up into the warm of Shark Bay soon. I have had a bit of temptation to go to Exmouth!!! Sunday is the anniversary of Shelly's death and I would have like to have been up there for that but Friday is Alex's birthday and the last 2 years I have abandoned him on the afternoon of his birthday to fly to Exmouth, so thought I better not do it this year. He wants a few mates to sleep over, and they have soccer on saturday. And their team won their second game last week, so that is 2 won and 1 lost so far. And they won the last game 12 - nil!!! And I am sure Steven will be just fine without me there. He didnt' even realise last year why I was actually up there!!! I'll call him and he probably won't even know why I am calling!!! :shock: But I would love to have a holiday some where warm. It's not even winter yet and I am sick of the cold!!! Good luck Hayley with the move.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Wed May 24, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi Rochelle :D

Hayley, at the moment I'm on the ORNISH DIET it's the last diet on this thread - http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=262

The Ornish Diet is basically vegetarian so I have to take my B vitamins, iron and calcium tablets. I also have half a lemon juice per day to flavour my 3 glasses of water. So far so good.
At present my day goes something like this.

Breakfast
3 vitabrits with hot water (no sugar)
1 cup of 2 fruits (canned)
1 cup of tea

Snack
Apple
1 glass of lemon water

Lunch
a mini can of 3 bean mix
lettuce, grated carrot, tomato, cucumber
½ a small microwaved sweet potato
1 glass of lemon water

Snack
Orange
1 glass of lemon water

Dinner
3 slices of toast
1 mini can of baked beans
1 cup of tea

Snack
Diet jelly
1 cup of tea
Last edited by Dolly on Wed May 24, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Wed May 24, 2006 6:07 pm

Hi Hayley good to see you back. Hope you are starting to feel much better.

Good luck with your move, it sounds like it will be great to be in your own space again. All that tempting food would be very difficult and you are in a tough situation so don't be too hard on yourself. Just do what you can and be happy. The TF plan will be there for you when you can get onto it again.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Hayleyd » Wed May 24, 2006 10:53 pm

Hey everyone....I'm still here!!!!!! Glad to read everyone is still around and giving it all a go. Still doing TF.Had the cream of chicken soup today,was nice but tasted a bit powdery..much better than the curry one though.Although Im on TF I am giving in to temptation and going off it a bit but Im still plugging away at it.Hayley dont stress too much about the "diet" at the moment.Give it a break until your settled.I'd love to buy your treadmill!!!!Will be hitting hubby up for another gym membership at a ymca opening in July.Its local,cheap and you dont have to sign up for years but he will still think its a waste of money-I wonder why? :wink:
I hope your going well Dolly..must be a bit tricky for you with only being able to eat certain things etc.
Thanks Groovy for thinking about me and wondering where I am in another post-much appreciated..still hanging around here! :lol:
For those wondering I have checked out the Tony Ferguson site and their forum and its all a little weird..photos etc.This one much better :D
Hope everyone's well.A very very bad fluey thing going around Melb at the moment.Sounds like its in WA as well.
Be good everyone and if you can't then enjoy :wink:
HayleyD
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Thu May 25, 2006 9:04 am

Great to hear all is well Hayleyd, we missed you.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Thu May 25, 2006 11:52 am

Good morning all,

How are we? I'm feeling much better today although it is bloody cold! Aahhhh, I hate the cold weather so much and can't wait to move back up north! Bring on the warmer weather and sunshine I reckon.

This morning I had a small tin baked beans in tomato sauce. Are they alright? The packaging says high in fibre, protein and iron and low in fat but I was wondering about the carbs....I'm not really sure on how many grams of carbs I should be consuming per day if I'm trying to lose weight. Any help with that and any other recommended daily amounts of other things like fats, protein etc, would be much appreciated. It's hard going, but I'm really trying to avoid all the bad food in the house - doesn't leave me with much else though. Avoiding the white bread and peanut paste is hard but I've been good so far today.

Dolly, did you read the section on womens' weight in yesterdays West Australian? I read it this morning and it was pretty scary and eye-opening at the same time. It talks about women in their mid to late 20's and how they're exercising less and eating more of the wrong foods and consequently stacking on the weight, particularly in the waist area. Apparently, fat deposits on the waist produce certain 'bad' hormones that then stuff up your other hormones and cause you to put on more weight in this difficult area. Abdominal weight also increases risks of cancer, heart disease, fertility problems, pregnancy problems and even birthing problems and also increases your risk of having over-weight children.

Reading this nearly made me cry. It made me realise how much I'm putting myself at risk and made me think about my family and future additions to it. I want to be healthy and fit and be around for a long time, to enjoy my son growing up. I also desperately want more children and I realise now, that I have to be very healthy before I start planning any more. I want to give all my children the very best life possible and that starts before they're even conceived. If I remain at this current weight and poor fitness level and am lucky enough to get pregnant when we're ready, just think how much harder it will be to lose the weight after the next bub is born.

I'm determined to make a lifestyle change - better eating and exercise habits. I want to be a 'yummy mummy'!!!!
Hayley

Postby Hayley » Thu May 25, 2006 11:57 am

And thanks for your lovely post Groovy. Our move will be fantastic when it happens!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll be thinking of you on Sunday, as I know that must be a difficult day for you to get through. Image
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Thu May 25, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi Hayley, wow I didn't know the west australian hat that obese article in it. Isn't is scary how we all put our lives at risk like that, but at least we're all eating relatively healthy now.

I know peas and corn are taboo for us also carrots and bananas ar to be eaten cautiously (once or twice per week only) but as for the beans, I know green beans are okay but I think the lentils and beans which are hi carb seeds such as baked beans, kidney beans soy beans and all those other seed pod beans should perhaps replace our bread rather than be used as a vegetable. Always better tho check with the TF weigh in expert at the chemist as to what they allow us.

Mind you since I've been eating what I record on our daily food diary and that includes a can of 4 bean mix and a can of baked beans (but excludes meat) I've been doing pretty good at getting rid of the weight I'd previously gained.

I personally can't see that beans will do any harm.

PS I love your animations.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Fri May 26, 2006 11:05 am

Good morning everyone, well it's not really a good morning for me 'cos I feel so very cold and I can't work out how to turn on the gas heater, aahhh!!! :lol:

Yes, it was a scary article wasn't it?!? Thanks for the info about beans. Shame about the corn and carrot, 'cos I love these two vegies! Never mind. Bananas don't worry me anyway, especially with the price of them at the moment!

What about porridge? I love to have a warm bowl of porridge for breakfast when it's cold. Is it really bad for you?

I'm going to try getting on my treadmill this morning - I'll take it easy though, so I don't irritate my foot injury again. I even thought I might pop out into the garage and try a bit of boxing 'cos it'll help tone my arms and definitely gets my heartrate up a fair bit! Must remember to take my rings off though - my husband is a jeweller/goldsmith and he gets a bit upset when I do things like that with my rings on! :lol:

Have a great day and I'll be back later.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Fri May 26, 2006 1:35 pm

I'm afraid to say that Porridge is a grain therefore would have the same effect as eating bread. On any other diet it would be fine but on TF we have to try to sick to food from the list below. :D

PROTEIN
Palm sized meat, fish or seafood, 2 eggs or 200g plain low fat cottage cheese.

VEGETABLES
* Alfalfa sprouts, Asparagus
* Beans, BokChoy, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts
* Celery, Cabbage, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Cucumber
* Eggplant
* Lettuce, Leeks
* Mung Beans, Mushrooms
* Onions, Radish
* Shallots, Snow Peas, Spinach, Squash
* Tomato, Watercress, Zucchini
* Carrots allowed 3 times per week due to the high carb content

FRUIT (2 per day)