It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Free Newsletter

WEIGHT LOSS GROUP for SENIORS

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

WEIGHT LOSS GROUP for SENIORS

Postby Gazzagal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm

Hello there!
I have just started this week after deciding that "enough is enough"!

It's time to "get real" and admit that the only person who made me fat is me! The only person who can make me slim again - is ME!
I'm sick of puffing every time I walk up a flight of steps! I sick of wearing size 22 clothes! I'm sick of avoiding mirrors! I'm sick of avoiding places and people who knew me when I was slim and healthy!

So, I invite all you others to share your weight loss journey with me!

Last Monday I weighed in at 108kg. I should be no more than 73kg! I've just turned 60 and have 6 grandchildren I want to spend quality (and quantity) time with!

I've started exercising each day but in little bursts! I do my exercises in front of the TV. Whenever an ad comes on, that's my cue to exercise. I do the following exercises for the duration of the ad:
1) Step exercises - up one step, down one step. I find I can do 60 during each ad period
2) I have invested in some light hand weights which I found at Big W so use these for arm exercises - from my shoulders up into the air, back to shoulders then from my shoulders out to the side keeping hands at shoulder height. I try to do 20 each of these exercises during each ad break.
3) Bend exercises - with feet shoulder width apart and hand weights - start with hands above your head then touch the floor without bending your knees - I try to do 20 of these too.
4) Twist exercies - with feet apart and hand weights - swing both arms around to your back turning your head to look behind you. Swing the other way. I try to do a set of 20 of theses.

I have made up an Exercise Sheet on Excel which lasts for 14 weeks. I have the date down the side and the exercises across the top. Each time I complete a set of 20, I put a tick in the box.

It's great to see the boxes filling up!

Now, each evening I go to bed pleased with myself because I'M MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

I WILL MAKE ME SLIM AGAIN! YEAH!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjDJolv/]
[/url]
I MADE ME FAT, ONLY I CAN MAKE ME SLIM AGAIN!
Gazzagal

Re: WEIGHT LOSS GROUP for SENIORS

Postby kangagirl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:20 pm

hi gazzagal,

i know i'm not a senior (yet!) but am very inspired by yr story and also feel like you, "enuf is enuf" ...hate looking in mirrors, esp as i used to be much slimmer. i like yr idea of a spreadsheet, going to do it now, it's a sure way to be accoutable.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.
kangagirl

Re: WEIGHT LOSS GROUP for SENIORS

Postby bluet » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:00 pm

What a great determination. I think you have to make some nutritious meal plan or something, but your workout is great and I hope you can continue with some more after your weight have lose a little.
bluet

Return to Weight loss Talk