It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Free Newsletter

McDonalds Addicts.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

McDonalds Addicts.

Postby gabrielle » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 pm

Okay. Ive read a few peoples blogs who say maccas is their weakness. now before you get mad at my simple veiw, you have to understand i work at mcdonalds so i am somewhat an expert.lol
Mcdonalds is so bad for you. obviously.
but seriously listen to me. at work we go throught so much oil its crazy. my leather shoes only lasted 3 months due to damage from oily floors and atmosphere.
i know it tastes delicious but it really is not worth it. if thats not motivational enough and your the type who needs to be insulted. some of the skinny girls who work at my work critizie those who are overweight and obese for their food choice.
BUT...
if you have to eat it which i myself do as i work there.
dont go through drive through. order in at least you have to walk somewhat-it will add to your pedometer.
order 6 nugets instead of 10. use only one sweet and sour sauce not two.
dont eat fries. ever.
drink diet drinks in a small size. or even better order water. yes in a large size.
soft serve is liquid so i fail to see what icecream is actually in it.

harsh but true. Mcdonalds is a huge contributor to obesity but we the people choose to eat. be in charge of your food choices.
think small portions-healthier options(not that there are many at macca, but still try) or better yet dont get it at all.
xx
gabrielle

Re: McDonalds Addicts.

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04 am

I always think of a video that we were shown in high school (think it was a business studies class)... it showed the slaughter houses where they put all the cows to death for the hamburgers. They had them on a conveyor belt and just shot them in the head when they went past. Then they showed all the butchering that they do to them :shock: Was awful... big part of my decision to become vegetarian!

Anyway, the point is, I always think of that video when I go past a Macdonalds shop... and it really makes me not want to buy anything from them ever! I feel bad even going in there for a coffee or a diet coke (only things I buy) :(
SarahC

Postby Littlegirl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:57 pm

I looked at my fatty boomstic photos after i gave birth to my son, that was nearly enough to turn me off Mcdonalds. But by not having it for the last 3 months i have stopped craving those triple cheesy burgers that my hubby always buys.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby bluet » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:02 pm

It must be hard to avoid mcdonalds if you are working there. Can you try to bring your own lunch? Or maybe change your meal plan for breakfast and dinner? If you have to eat them for lunch, you can eat something healthy at home.
bluet

Postby mumnbub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:41 am

I used to work for KFC, i started out a skinny healthy teenager and 4 years later was seriously overweight. Just like maccas, we went through a lot of oil and my boots also did not last very long. Just thinking of the chicken when it was freshl cooked with the oil dripping off it makes me feel sick now.
As for maccas, that was easy for me to give up because i just knew it was really really bad for me and when i looked at how many caleries were in the burgers i ate that was it, i stopped eating maccas (except for the ocasional mcmuffin in the morning) and almost gave up KFC (still have a twister now and agan)
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby miss.librarian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm

ohhhh how I used to love Maccas!!!
When I was a much larger girl in university, my friend and I would go drive through. We would get a medium meal each, plus some nuggets to share. Then we would get a cheeseburger each to share on the ride home. Makes me SOOOO sick thinking about it. I cant even finish a burger there now.

Although I still crave a cheeseburger when I am hungover...I am so glad it's no longer around the corner, thats for sure!
miss.librarian

Return to Weight loss Talk