It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:35 am

Free Newsletter

Another question about drugs (rant warning)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Another question about drugs (rant warning)

Postby curvygirl » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:20 pm

Sarah I fought taking drugs for a long time then almost had a break down and realised I really needed help. I took the medicated for 2 years and it helped me alot. I am not saying that you should but maybe you should at least try them or give it some more thought.
Medication along with regular counseling may help you but unless you give it a go you wont know. You can get a series of 6 visits to a physchologist free from medicare so try it at no cost.
I understand your reluctance but without the medication I dont know where I would be right now.
Good luck
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby SarahC » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:36 am

Thanks :) I know that drugs are needed in some cases, like if you have a special condition, or if you're about to kill yourself or something. I would hardly put myself in that category.... BUT if these doctors keep giving me the run-around like this, then I think I might need something just to cope with them!!! :evil:

As for psychologists, yes they are great for some people, the two that I have seen in relation to this problem... complete waste of time. First one, about same time last year, actually made me worse not better!! I'm still recovering from the things she said to me :( This current one... heading down the same path, so I think I'm better off stopping with her now before she does too much damage!!

I don't think there's anything a shrink can suggest to me that I haven't already heard or tried before :roll: I could do their job standing on my ear... now there's an idea!! :P
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Omg, I FINALLY have some good news :D :shock:

Went to see another doctor today, and... got a medical certificate for a month off work!! This guy was actually NICE and he spoke to me sensibly, asked me lots of questions and, most importantly, listened to my answers! It was a bulk bill place so I wasn't expecting much, but he spoke to me for well over 90 minutes :shock:

AND... it was FREE!!! No giant bill to pay at the end of it! He gave me anti-depressants (which I'm still undecided about), but they were free too :lol:

Now all that's left is to take the certificate to work tomorrow, hand it in with my leave application, and hope and pray it gets approved. And fill out my complaint form for the other gp - not gonna let that one go! :twisted:
SarahC

Postby mumnbub » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Am so glad you got to see a doctor who actually listened to you- can be few and far between. I see a bulk billing doctor and she is fantastic, never had a bad appointment.
Am glad you got your medical certificate so that you can spendtime on getting well, i hope you take the meds prescribed by the doctor, you might be serprised by how good you feel and if not well you can always stop.
Good luck, will be thinking of you along the way.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby SarahC » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Thanks - it was such a relief let me tell you. Starting to feel better already lol. Now just have to pass the final hurdle of getting the leave approved and I'm on my way :D
SarahC

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk