It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Free Newsletter

crazy scales!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

crazy scales!

Postby emmabee123 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:52 pm

today i went shopping and i was looking at getting a new pair of scales..mine are the same as my doctors and they both say im 68kg..well today i got on a pair at kmart..they reckon im 75! i felt sick! im really short..and i know im overwieght but if im really 75kg that puts me in the obese category! has anyone else had this happen to them? i was feeling pretty good after eating healthy and exercising but now i feel terrible! which ones should i go by?

Re: crazy scales!

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:16 pm

If yours and the doctor's both say the same, then I think those scales are correct, and the kmart ones are wrong!!! Don't get the kmart ones! Get ones that tell you the right number :wink:

I just got a garden variety mechanical scale from Big W for $11... because I broke my whiz-bang digital body fat etc etc scales in temper the other day - threw the damn thing!!! (it felt good seeing it break into pieces, but yeah, I couldn't revive it, so sad). Anyway, I think the mechanical ones should be more accurate, digital ones... don't know, I think they just spit out any old number they feel like!

Postby bluet » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:37 pm

First of all, your weight is almost overweight, and you have to deal with it. Regardless of the scales it self, you need to start a serious diet and workout, and this will be good for your blood pressure too.

Postby BDaniels » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:09 am

I agree with both of the above members, but I really think Kmart is wrong! Want to excuse my poor English, by the way ;) ..

// Martin from Sweden

Return to Weight loss Talk