It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:18 am

Free Newsletter

Calorie Question?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Calorie Question?

Postby starr22 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi guys, I just joined Calorieking and it says I can have 1600 cal per day. I was just wondering if it matters what u eat? I know you should eat your fruit and vegies and protein and so on, but if I have a bad day with junk food :shock: like take away and chocolate, but still keep within my calorie limit will I still loose weight? I'm guessing I will, as it's a matter of energy in being less than energy out right? Silly question :oops: but I wasn't sure.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Re: Calorie Question?

Postby Jisgone » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:31 pm

technically youll still lose weight :)
you may not see it on the scales as junk food generally had alot of sodium which makes your body hang onto water increasing your weight
but u have to life your life! i use calorie king and one day a week i allow myself some extra cals to eat whatever junk i want and aslong as u dont do this every day youll definately still lose weight succesfully
its all about finding the right junk/healthy balance
Jisgone

Postby starr22 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:53 pm

ooooooh thats great! Thanx for that Jewels :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby bluet » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:01 pm

For a take away food, maybe you can order some salad instead of french fries. Eat a small portion for a 5-6 times a day could also help. Try a low fat chocolate
bluet

Postby mumnbub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:47 am

This is why i think counting caleries does not work- it teaches you nothing about proper eating habbits. It does not tell you about the nutrients in food or the sugar content which both will affect your weight loss attempts. If you count caleries then fine but also look at what your eating, dont just stop when you reach that number and who cares if you have not eaten enough fruit or veg. If your not eating the right foods then you will go over that number as your body will still be trying to get the nutrients it needs so counting caleries will be pointless- you will only be left feeling angry at yourself for not stopping. I tried counting caleries and while i was i either lost nothing or gained because i was just trying to stay under 1200 caleries, so i thought that having take away was fine, i would just cut out some of my breakfast or dinner (usually the part i should not cut out) and thought i would be right. I was obsessed with that magic number.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:24 pm

I think it depends how you count calories, Mumnbub. I use Calorie King to count my calories and if anything I find it helps me make better food choices. If I'm trying to choose between two different things for a meal or snack I enter each tentatively into CK and see which is higher in calories. Usually it's the healthier option that contains more fibre and veggies and less fat. I've found it's dramatically altered my eating habits. Though I do think you're right, it only works if you also aim for a balanced diet. When counting calories you also need to keep recommended daily servings in mind otherwise you could miss out on vital nutrients.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:18 am

EWQ is right. Also, Calorie King has the "CK University", which teaches you about making the correct choices, as well as creating meal plans for you, if you find it hard to come up with balanced meals yourself.

Mumnbub, where did you come up with the idea of eating under 1200 calories? Nobody should be doing that. You probably didn't lose any weight because your body was in starvation mode.
Czarina

Postby Littlegirl » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi, I have joined calorie king recently to try and get rid of the last 3.5kgs of pregnancy weight. I wasnt able to lose anything under 63/62 kgs until i joined, i plan my meals daily and i only have takeaway or junk once or twice a week. Im slowly losing weight about 0.3kgs a week, but that is because i have been dieting for so long now, im indulging a little more these past weeks, but also keeping a close eye on the scales. You can also add the options of seeing how much fat, carb and protein intake you should be taking per day. I think it might be in the tools section.

Best of luck
Littlegirl
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby starr22 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys :D I'm pretty good at 'knowing' what the right food choices are, but some days (esp this time of year) I find I'm eating a lot of not so healthy things :oops: but still staying within my calories for the day, so I was just hopeing that it would still be effective :D hehe

Have joined Calorie King and am finding it really good, just makes u take a second thought about what u choose to put in your mouth. Learning lots :D
[/url]
starr22

Return to Weight loss Talk