It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 pm

Free Newsletter

A Way of eating that Really works

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

A Way of eating that Really works

Postby jacka » Sat May 27, 2006 11:53 am

I have for the last 3 weeks changed my eating habits completely.
I have been eating 3 small meals and having a couple of protein based snacks during the day. In 3 weeks I have lost 5kgs and have SO much energy it is amazing as I am not starving myself as I was before and then bingeing at other times.
I am going to call this the Slim Secrets diet as it was the whole concept of the Slim SEcrets protein bars that put some sense into my head with how I was eating. Instead of skipping breakfast I eat anything from eggs to cereal and or fruit. Then at around 11.00 am or whenever the tummy rumbles hit slightly I have 1/2 a Slim Secrets Morning Rev-Up bar and this keeps me going till whenever I am able to grab lunch. My lunch hasn't changed as it was always pretty healthy. The biggest change is that around 4.00pm-5.00pm I will have another protein based snack. Sometimes I will have another Slim Secrets bar (afternoon snack-attack) or a handful of nuts and some fruit/small piece of low fat cheese. What this means is that by night time I am not so famished that I will eat anything in sight as I had in the past. I have had enough calories in my day to keep me going. Lastly my after dinner bingeing has stopped for some reason. If I need something sweet after dinner I have a spoonfull of low fat icecream or I break off 1/2 of the Slim Secrets night time binge buster bar and my cravings stop. I know that thisis the way many Doctors say we should eat but I never believed that anything but starving myself would work. I have always exercised so this has never been an issue for me. But now I have double the amount of energy and less of my body to carry around. I hope this way of eating may benefit some of you too.
jacka

Postby Dolly » Sat May 27, 2006 12:02 pm

That sounds great Jacka (it wouldn't work on me because of my thyroid problem) but I'm sure youve probably helped many of the people here in upping their protein to feel less hungry.

A long while back before I found out I wasn't allowed to eat soy because it cancels my medication. I found I couldn't stop at eating one soy protein bar, I would eat the whole days worth in one sitting because it tasted so nice, or worse, I'd eat 3 days worth just to get rid of them (I was out of control when it came to candy diet bars in the house)
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sat May 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Well done Jacka! I never thought about eating some protein between meals. Generally if I am having a good day I will eat an apple but normally I would have a couple of biscuits!!! :oops: Where do you get these bars??? My biggest problem is that I eat because I can see it! I don't eat because I am hungry. Mornings certainly aren't a problem. I don't watch the clock for lunch time to come around, and it's normally 1pm or even later before I actually sit down to eat. I'm normally starting to feel hungry by then. A lot of the time I eat breaky around 7ish so it's not as tho I have had a late breakfast. I usually have Just Right or Sports Plus for breakfast, with hi-lo milk. Sometimes I will just have a banana, but with the price of them at the moment I am moving more to the cereals. The last few weeks anyway. I wonder if maybe I should have a boiled egg for breakfast. I might give it a go and eat more protein in a day for a couple of weeks and see if it makes any difference. Its good to know that you have lost the weight without any diet pills or companies Jacka. I am staying away from those sorts of things because my partner would chuck a paddy if I did that. OOOO speaking of diet pills........I had this thing come in the mail. I can't remember what they were called but they were these pills from Brazil apparently and you were "guaranteed" to lose 3kg for every pill you took. You took 1 pill every 5 days. Up to 8 pills. They recommended that you didn't take more than 8 pills in any 1 weight loss session. I thought yeah right, and through it in the bin!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby jacka » Sat May 27, 2006 7:19 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Groovychick you are very wise in keeping away from diet pills. they are a dangerous temporary fix. I get my Slim Secrets bars froma Boost Juice in Melbourne but I think there are some Boosts in Perth that might sell them. I just had half of one now before going out for dinner otherwise I get so starved that I eat all the bread before we get our meal.
jacka

Postby Groovychic » Sun May 28, 2006 12:10 pm

I don't live in perth Jacka, so that idea has now gone out the window. Thanks anyway.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Sun May 28, 2006 1:05 pm

Rochelle

I got that same pamphlet about the diet pills. I went on the net to find some info and found a forum with people who had tried these things. The comments ranged from tried them and put on weight, tried them and didn't lose any weight, paid for them and never got the product. I can't remember the name of the pills either but seems to be some sort of money making scam that is apparently world wide.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby jacka » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:33 am

Hey Groovychick I just read on the Slim Secrets website that they are starting to sell some of their bars at Coles soon. I thought this may help you if you want to try them. I just keep losing weight eating 3 smaller meals and one or half of these bars as snacks between meals (or sometimes fruit/nuts). I never feel deprived and definitely have more energy and without any pills!
jacka

Return to Weight loss Talk