It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Feeling Lost!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeling Lost!!!!

Postby Ally147 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Feeling a bit lost, i feel like i need some reassuring words to let me know im doing ok, because i don't feel in myself that im achieving anything and im trying not to slip into my old habits!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Re: Feeling Lost!!!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:12 pm

Of course you're doing okay! If you weren't doing okay you'd have gone back to your old habits without even thinking about it. The very fact that you want to keep going shows that you can keep going.

We all have crap times. Weight loss is a long journey and very emotional business. It's natural for motivation to wax and wane. Mine was almost nil a month ago, but now I'm back and more determined than ever. Just remind yourself why you're doing this. Is it to look hot? To be healthier? So you can live longer? To fit into your old clothes again?

It's going to be a long process so don't feel bad if you start to feel a bit lost in the middle of it. You've already lost one and a half kilos and you haven't been here that long. I think that's a great achievement! Stick with it and just take it one meal at a time.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

*Hugs*
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:22 pm

I've begun keeping a food diary which helps me see where all the calories go, i just wish things happened quicker lol. I find it very hard to get over 1200 calories a day let alone get to the 1310 that im supposed to have, but im trying.

You're so supportive, its unreal. Thank you.

The reason i want to lose weight is to finally be happy within my own body, and perhaps stop comparing myself to those who are slimmer than me, it really plays on my mind. And it frustrates me that im comparing myself to every person i walk past. I would also like to fit into a sexy nightie which i've been eyeing off but would like that to be purchased when i finally get to where i wanna be.

Thanks for the help!
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Ally147 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Hey Ali

I only just read the msg where u asked me about my degree, sorry bout that. My degree is "Exercise Science and Rehabilitation"... I initially wanted to do Physio but i guess i still can one day. Im not sure if i could go further with the studies, im excited that next year is my last year!

Anyway i might see u in the world of facebook :) and thanks so much for ur support on here, i've found you to be the one who always comes to my rescue... thanks so much

Ally

(I tried to send that in a PM but it kept coming up that i was forbidden to send it!! :s)
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Gordz » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Ally147 wrote:I would also like to fit into a sexy nightie which i've been eyeing off but would like that to be purchased when i finally get to where i wanna be.

Thanks for the help!

Ally, why not buy the nightie and hang it up in your room? Guarantee you won't feel lost then, becuase each time you look at it you'll now.

*you are here* -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> -> *goal*

You can't be lost if you know where you are and where you're headed :D
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:22 pm

If you always compare yourself to others you're always going to wind up feeling bad. Even if you're a supermodel you're going to think someone else looks better. Not necessarily because they do, but because we all seem to be far more critical of ourselves than of other people.

I'm getting close to my goal weight. Theoretically this is when I should be feeling better about my looks. Instead I'm finding new things to be critical about. When I was significantly overweight any self-doubt could be categorised under the great big general issue of 'fat'. I convinced myself that if I lost the weight my face would look better, my arse would look better, my figure would be more in proportion, my arms would be thinner, I'd be far prettier and happier, and so forth. Now that I've lost a lot of weight instead of blaming my fat for my dissatisfaction I'm finding other features to hate: my face is still too round, my legs are still too thick, my upper arms are never going to be slender enough, etc. I could get depressed that I'll never be 'perfect' but the truth is there's nothing wrong with my body. It's my mind that's causing me so much hurt! I need to find a way to appreciate my natural looks. Maybe you need to do the same. Visualisation and meditation could help. Positive affirmations are always good too.

My advice? Buy a sexy nightie now. Don't wait until you get to goal. It's still going to be sexy if it's a bit loose so it won't go to waste. And you can always buy a new one. If you have a significant other I can tell you they'll appreciate the sexy lingerie no matter what your weight! Waiting until you get to goal is punishing them as well as you if you think about it! You shouldn't have to wait until you're a certain weight to feel sexy. Start working on feeling good about yourself now and you'll feel a million times better when you get to goal weight than you would otherwise. I constantly hear about women who lose weight but still feel like the fat person they were beforehand. Unless you change your mental image of yourself you're never going to feel happy or sexy no matter what your weight is.

By the way, your degree sounds really interesting. You must be learning heaps to help you with your exercise and weight-loss goals! I know who to come to for exercise advice from now on. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ally147 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 am

Buying the nightie might be a good idea, then im less likely to give up... thanks guys.

Yeah my degree is interesting (apart from the physics last semester(I hate maths haha)).

When i get back home i shall go shopping for myself! :mrgreen:
[/url]
Ally147

Postby bluet » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Dont give up just yet. If you exercise with cardio or doing some workouts in the gym every single day, I'm sure that you will make it happen. Just don't fall with the yoyo diet
bluet

Postby Ally147 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Im doing quite well actually, im actually lighter now than i have been for bout 4 years... still a long way to go yet, but im still counting calories and its definately making me more aware of what is in foods... sometimes its scary.
At the moment i haven't got access to a gym, (small towns are bad for that).... but when i get back to where i live i'll be back up at the uni gym... also for something to do with my holidays haha....

Thanks ya'll for the helpful words, i welcome any more suggestions to help me stay here and keep achieving
[/url]
Ally147

Return to Weight loss Talk