It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Dating and weight loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Dating and weight loss

Postby mumnbub » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:19 pm

I am a single mum and have been single for getting close to 2 years. I had my last surgery a few months back after having my son last year and am now starting to feel as though I could date again.

There is guy that my neighbour is trying to set me up with, he is really nice and i get along with really well but he is overweight. Now I have no problem with overweight men- that is not a problem for me, the problem is i dont want to fall into the trap of feeling too comfortable around him and either not losing any more weight or even worse gaining weight back.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Are you in a relationship already where you are losing weight but your partner is overweight and not changing- how do you cope with this?

Part of me still thinks its too early to date, that maybe I should wait a bit longer, but I might be using my weight as a reason not to date and part of me thinks thats why i cant lose any more weight- i wont have an excuse then. being in a relationship does scare me, not just because i am scared of getting hurt again but also due to my history when my son was born, its not so much the relationship part, its more what goes with a relationship that scares the living daylights out of me. So maybe it is too early to date, but then when will be the right time.

Anyway, opinions and advice apreciated
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Re: Dating and weight loss

Postby Gordz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:47 pm

mmmm, hard one there mumnbub. I think alot of it comes down to support. Maybe see if he will join you in the weight loss? A friendly date at a beachside restaraunt and a long walk afterwards to 'test the water' (scuse the pun) perhaps?

If he doesn't have the same goals and will power then it might be a burdon on you. I left my gf of 2.5 years last night because she showed no support, and wanted more of my time to her than to excercise and getting my life in order. I don't want to be in a relationship if I'm not happy with myself first.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby bluet » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:13 pm

Its good if you have a big concern about your weight. Make a diet meal plan that will match with your body and your activities. But don't get too serious and ruin your date just because you only eating salad all the time
bluet

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:45 pm

If you are not ready to date, then dont do it. As it will come across to the other person, in one way or another. Firstly you need to love yourself and embrace what you have to offer before expecting someone else to do it. This in itself is the first step yet the hardest one to take.

If you seriously have any doubts or concerns, then don't do it, but if you do .. then have heaps of fun ! I am learning that the physical aspect to one person is not who they are, it is only one part of it the package.... one that can be easily fixed. So go and enjoy ... get out there and have fun, don't let your weight hold you back :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:35 pm

If your having doubts about it, chances are you aren't ready yet.

Also if your goals in life at the moment don't match the person you are seeing, then its probably not going to work out in the long run.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Weight loss Talk