It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

when will this weight disappear?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

when will this weight disappear?

Postby sydgurl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Hey everyone, just wanted to get some thoughts about my exercise routine and what more i could do...

im 22 and have a 3yr old son, i weighed about 60kgs before i got pregnant and never put on weight then after i had my son i kept the weight off and got to about 62kgs but then i had to move back home and it all came back! :( i weigh 70kgs now and im 175cms tall, ive been getting up every morning (except when it is pouring down rain) and walking around the block which gets my heart pumping and sweating good. I then have to walk to a school which takes me about 20 mins to get back home, then i do normal housework which also is a workout in its self and i get on my cross trainer for atleast 30mins or over 120calories... i also have 2 one kilo weights which i use and do situps and playing games with my son and running around etc... i eat healthy and have stopped eating ice cream, chips and soft drink. i eat fruit and veggies through out the day and i even started eating the weight watcher meals for lunch. i also drink alot of water!

i feel like every minute of the day im exercising or doing something i think is "healthy" but nothing is changing, i know it wont just happen overnight and it will take time but ive been doing it for two months non stop and nothing has changed. I do feel my muscles are getting tonned and i feel much more active but my weight has just stayed the same, i wanted to lose atleast some if before xmas but i dont think its guna happen now and on somedays i just wonder why do i keep going if nothing is changing but i do know i have to keep going for something to change, coz it will sooner or later... wont it?

Thanks for reading, just having abit of a down day today....

i will take any comments or more exercises that anyone has to reccommend seriously! :) thanks...
sydgurl

Re: when will this weight disappear?

Postby mumnbub » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:21 pm

maybe write down EVERYTHING you eat and drink for a week and see exactly how much your eating- you might not be eating the right foods or eating to much of something, portion sizes do make a difference- its easy to lose track of what your eating when your not tracking it.
The walking sounds great and so do the weights, but can you increase the weights at all? it is important to do plenty of muscle tonning to help lose the weight, your cardio sounds fine to me.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Czarina » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:32 pm

For a start, you are in the healthy weight range for your height, so you don't need to fret about losing weight. Muscle weighs more than fat, so I dare say you have lost fat and put on lean muscle and that's why the scales have not shifted. Maybe your body doesn't want to go back to 60kg as that is underweight (on verging on) for you height.
Czarina

Postby sheena » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Losing weight is not easy and it takes a months before it came up with the result. If you do all, the best thing you do Try for a quick 6-8 pounds weight loss with EV coconut oil,Just do some walking uphill 4 times a week and Make your snacks yogurts and or apples

*link in signature removed by moderator - no commercial advertising please - see forum rules*
sheena

Postby sydgurl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:01 pm

thanks, yeah i could go buy some bigger weights and try them out... how do i not make my muscles so lean? is there any other exercises i could do to help with areas like my stomach, hips and my thighs? I feel like my thighs are really big and nothing im doing is getting rid of it... i have been using my wii fit board alot but still nothing...
sydgurl

Postby electrongirl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:04 pm

because your in a healthy weight range for your height, your body is holding onto the weight as much as it can. The less weight you have to lose the harder it is to get off.

Have you been measuring yourself? Do your clothes fit better?

Like someone already mentioned, muscle is denser than fat so even though you may not have made a difference on the scales, your overall body may be smaller.

Maybe take note for one whole day what your eating and put it on here so we can have a look at it.

Are you making sure not to give yourself bigger portions? Also fresh food is way better than processed meals, even WW ones. They are pretty high in sodium, which makes you retain fluid, which means more weight.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby mumnbub » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:47 am

If you happen to see a leg master machine around thats affordable then i recomend using one- its where your standing on 2 platforms and holding a bar and slide your legs in and out- it really works the thighs hips and buttocks.
Otherwise, lye on your side and lift your leg upwards, hold, then down- reapea as many times as you can then change sides
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby bluet » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:15 am

You can measure your clothes or you can count your weight and height. If the number is quite balanced than you have a balanced weight. And its better than extreme weight loss
bluet

Postby sydgurl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:34 pm

im a size 12 in clothes mainly, i do have some size 10s that fit but mainly 12. i dont really know what i should or shouldnt be eating in different types of foods coz i really dont wanna become to obsessed on what i should or shouldnt be eating but i dont alwayz wanna be eating the wrong foods either. i thought coz the WW ones were for losing weight i thought it would just be safe to eat... i was a size 10 after i lost the weight after my son so now ive had to buy a size bigger, i havent been measuring myself either. Where do i get one of them measuring things from? i was gonna start writting down what i ate on monday for a week and ask everyone what they thought... i actually got a really sore wisdom tooth 2day so i havent been eating much coz its too sore! :( i definately havent been eating bigger portions coz ive found i just get bored with the food and not hungry enough to eat big meals but instead id rather eat alot of small meals if that makes sense? i know i shouldnt eat anything after dinner but ive found lately i eat half of my dinner then i feel like eating at like 8:30 or sumthing, usually fruit or a uncle tobys fruit museli bar... im definately guna be trying the leg lifts, i think that will help heaps! Thanks everyone for replying, really appreciate it! :)
sydgurl

Postby electrongirl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:34 pm

ok here are some tips:

Eat breakfast. Make sure you have it within an hour of getting up. This is probably the most important thing you can do.
Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
Try to have 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks.
Meals should be made up of small amount of meat, carbs and lots of veges eg: stir fries with rice, lean chicken breast grilled with a baked potato and steamed vegies, lean steak etc.
snacks that are good are: fruit, low fat yogurt, nuts, carrot/celery sticks with salsa.
Try to eat as much unprocessed foods as possible. The more processing means more sugar and salt.
Keep a dairy of your food. Maybe join Calorie King to keep track.
Get enough sleep.
Drink green tea.

Hope these help.

And you can get a measuring tape at the supermarket in the same place they sell needles and thread and stuff like that.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby sydgurl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks! :)

i dont think there is a day i have gone without ever eating breakfast and i have stopped eating as much junk food as possible, even on weekends which is harder for us coz we go out so much and take my son out places... all i drink all day is water, not quite sure how much but im guessing maybe abit over a litre... Im actually toilet training my son through the night so not getting much sleep at the moment as im waking up at midnight then 3am to make him go to the toilet but i find i am sleepy at about 2pm, ive been taking multivitamins with extra fish oil to help but dont really know if its making a difference? :P not so much into yogurt or green tea but i have been searching for replacable healthy stuff! :)

never heard of calorie king before... what is it exactly?

thanks heaps, i really appreciate it! :)

- Tara!
sydgurl

Postby electrongirl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:51 am

Calorie King is an online program which allows you to enter in your details weight etc and it works out a plan for you. You can also enter in all your food and it will tell you the calories and nutritional content too.

Best thing is its FREE!

http://www.calorieking.com.au

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby mumnbub » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:51 am

Calorie King also has the Calorie King University which teachers you everything you need to know to life a healthier life and lose weight- is a good read but some of it does cover the very basics which most people know.
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[/url]
mumnbub

Postby bluet » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:49 pm

Dont ever skip breakfast, this will reduce your energy, make you tired and didn't help your diet. You will be straving and craving to eat more. Eat a proper breakfast and consume more fruits.
bluet

Postby sydgurl » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:16 pm

oh awesome im gonna go check it out now... sounds pretty kool. i have been doing the leg kick things and i have already noticed my hips are alot tighter!! :) spent yesterday walking around the whole city with my man and 3yr old, so i think that would of helped aswell! :D
sydgurl

Return to Weight loss Talk