It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson Dieters - Chat 5

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:44 pm

Hayley wrote:Have a great day and try to stay away from temptation over the long weekend.

DARN and I was gonna sneak some naughty foods until you said that! :lol:
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:21 pm

Hello Everyone!
Just want to wish you all a good weekend and i hope we can all stay on track, my TF sachets arrived yesterday so I started this morning!!
Good luck!
tess88

Postby Dolly » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:00 pm

That's great Tess!
I usually make my jelly's up in a couple of mugs each morning
and I don't bother to make a shake from the drinks anymore I just turn them into a mousse by adding less water and popping them in the fridge for when it's meal time.

Drink plenty of water to avoid headaches. When taking sachets they say to drink plenty. Also caffine and carb withdrawals may give a headache over the next couple of days.
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Hii.
Yeah I was thinking that cause they come out a bit too runny for me if I make them into a shake. I might try a choc mousse for lunch today. I had a hot espresso one this morning which was nice. I also really liked the strawberries one really cold!
They actually taste really nice!
Yeha last night i started getting a head ache but it soon wore off.
Hope all your long weekends are great!
tess88

Postby Dolly » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:20 pm

You must be a fairly healthy person Tess to be past the headache stage, great going!

My fav flavours are
Strawberries and Cream
Bannana
and Chocolate
But from here on in I'm only going to buy chocolate sachets as it seems to take away my need for consuming chocolate bars.

Dolly

Postby tess88 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:39 pm

Hello!!
Yeah i do eat healthily, also it could be because i dont drink coffee and I dont really like/eat bread and pasta anyway.

Yeha chocolate one is really nice, i made some jelly last night, but what type of jelly, because i got the diet one from the supermarket is that right? I hope so.
Ooo i havent tried Banana yet so ill have to give that a go for breakkie tomorrow!
tess88

Postby Dolly » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:53 pm

I buy mine from the supermarket too.
Jelly Lite made by Aeroplane is good. The raspberry one gives me a sore throat so I usually stick to the lime flavoured one.
I never make it as weak as they say to, I just pour the sachet into a coffee mug and fill it nearly to the top. Then pop it in the fridge until I get needy for a sweet taste.
Click Here - Image
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:05 pm

Hey,
Yeah i think I made the same one last night, i made strawberry though. Is it better and sweeter with less water, because i made it with 500ml of water last night and it was a bit tasteless. Yum i just had chocolate mousse it was so nice! I still cant get over how yum these shakes are! Very impressed!
tess88

Postby Dolly » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:10 pm

I do prefer the jelly's being firmer and stronger flavoured (actually it's incredible to eat with your chocolate mousse spooned over the top)
The first few days on the TF diet can leave you feeling a little hungry but after that time they actually stop you craving for snacks.
The iodine in the sachets increase the weight loss by switching on the metabolism.
Dolly

Postby Hayleyd » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:04 am

Hello everyone...well that damn puppy has finally moved down a notch :D getting there slowly but struggling on TF.I keep eating naughty things here and there eg chocolate! and Im struggling with dinners.Need some dinner ideas.
Wow Tess your a super freak not liking pasta's etc..you are so lucky and hopefully the TF diet will be easy for you.
Going to try making up my jelly in a mug Dolly..a change from a bowl might do me good.
If anyone has any TF dinner ideas I would be most gratefull.
Oh yes I'm not keen on the soups..dont mix well at all so when I re stock tomorrow I will be getting only shakes!
bye guys hope your all enjoying the long weekend that i get next week!
hope your both well Dolly & Hayley.
Hayleyd
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Your little white ticker puppy looks happy being further down the line.
I just keep my dinners plain and boring ie, meat and salad, fish and salad, stir fry.
The Tony Ferguson booklet has 7 dinners on page 45. Have you got the book? I find if I make the dinners too tasty I end up eating more.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:35 am

Hi guys,

You sound like you all managed to survive the long weekend really well, so good on you! Tess, congratulations on the great start to the TF program - you are lucky that you don't like pasta ancd breads. I wish I was like that :lol: .

If you stick to the diet you will certainly start to see results very quickly. Hopefully those headaches stay away (sounds like they will though, if you haven't really experienced them by now).

I really can't wait until I can afford to buy more sachets and start the TF diet again. I'm so looking forward to it. It looks as though our move to Denham?Shark Bay is another 6 weeks away!!! AAAHHHH! What was supposed to be only 2 weeks in Perth has actually turned into about 15 weeks so far, and climbing! Never mind. Hopefully I'll be able to afford more sachets within the next 2 weeks and I really wnat to start before we move up north again.

I'm off to the doctor to get an xray of my foot tomorrow. After 6.5 weeks, it's still not better and the small amount of walking that I've attempted only makes it worse, so I think something is definitely wrong. I heard that it is extremely easy to break the small bones in your foot, so hopefully it's not that. I'll keep you posted though.

As far as dinner ideas go for TF diet, I was mainly cooking stirfry, which was yummy and filling. You could experiment with the different allowable sauces and other foods from their suggested menus etc, to create some yummy meals. I did find it easier to eat a stirfry rather than just meat and salad, though. The diet jelly does help with the sweet cravings! I made double-decker jellies, with Aeroplane lite raspberry on the bottom of the cup; set that and when set add diet lime on top and set that. It was nice to have the 2 different layers of flavours.

Best of luck for the day and I'm already looking forward to checking back later to hear how you guys have gone today.

:D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:18 pm

I wasn't too good on the weekend with sticking to the correct food :oops:
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:30 pm

Hello Everyone!
Hope you're all doing well. Never mind the w/e just take a step forward and dont give up!I just thought i would let you all know a little bit more about me. I am 17 turning 18 in december, its actually a good time for me to lose weight cause while all my other 18yr old friends are drinking on the w/e i get to stay home and eat veggies! I finished school last yr and put on about 15 kgs! I now work for a law firm in perth full time. Id love to hear more about all of you so feel free if you have the time! My w/e went well surprisingly so ill see where this week takes me. By the way just a question if anyone can answer, if I have about 10kgs to lose wil it take me longer than say if i had 20 to lose?
Byeee
tess88

Postby Hayley » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:54 pm

Hi Tess,

Glad your weekend went really well. This must be your fourth day on TF diet??? How are you feeling?

You said you wnated to know a little more about us if we had time, so here goes:

I'm 27 in September, married and have a son who is 3 in August. I grew up in Perth, completed a teaching degree straight after fionishing yr 12 and moved up to Kununurra with my husband, for my first teaching position (he was born there and grew up there for 16 years, so it was great for us to go there). We were there for 3 and a half years, had our son Connor up there and then moved back to Perth in April 2004. We stayed in Perth until January 2005, and we then moved up to Exmouth for another teaching position. We stayed there for the year and moved back to Perth in February this year. We were only supposed to be staying for about 2 weeks before we moved up to Shark Bay, where I will be managing some holiday villas and my husband is looking at opening his own business. Unfortunately, we've experienced many problems with the Shark Bay move, but hopefully will be moving up there in 5-6 weeks time, if all goes well. Oh yeah, my husband is a qualified jeweller and he makes beautiful pieces, so I'm very lucky there!!!

I have a sister who turns 22 in September and a brother who will be 20 in January. I have steadily put on wieght since the birth ofConnor 3 years ago, so I now have 21kg to loose.

I hope you feel like you know me a bit better. Best of luck with the TF diet. Hopefully I'll be starting up again.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk