It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson Dieters - Chat 5

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:07 pm

Hi Everyone!
I'm the Old Mamma here, I'm 50 (it sort of just snook up on me)
I have 3 children.
My husband and I own our own cabling company (installing phones/switchboards for office buildings) My husband also runs 1 week training courses and issues out cabling licences to those that qualify.
I help out in the office and I also do before school childcare.

I have to get thin for my daughters wedding, possibly in April '07.

If anyone wants to use the kicking boot below for when any forum people have eaten something they shouldn't have
please feel free to copy and paste the below code.

Just get rid of the gap in the middle of the word bigpond and it will be activated.
I'm going off the TF program for a while until I feel well again.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:24 pm

Well, I finally had xrays taken of my foot yesterday, just to check that nothing seroius was wrong considering it has been sore for over 6 weeks now. It turns out that I have a stress fracture of one of the bones in my right foot. It has started to heal by itself but will continue to be uncomfortable until it is completely healed. I have been told that it will take another 3-4 weeks to heal and to rest it as much as possible - try to keep my weight off it, no walking on it etc etc. I feel a bit silly now, that I let it go on for so long wothout seeing a doctor but I thought that there would be no way I could injure it just from a short jog 1/4 way around an oval! It turns out it is very easy to damage bones in your feet.

Dolly, have you decided to stop TF diet? What are you following now?

Tess, how are you going on day 6 of TF? I hope you're managing to stick to it, cos you were going so well.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:09 pm

Hayley, so sorry to hear that you've got a broken foot bone (ouch!)
They usually take 6 weeks to heal from start to finish IF you keep it warm and rested.

I'm just counting fat grams and calories at the moment (started today)
I've not been well because of my allergy to second hand smoke and also Calm doing their burn offs (the smoke fills my house and infects my lungs so I'm choking all hours of the night)
I've managed to now smoke proof my bedroom but it makes me a prisoner until the burn offs lift.
When my health returns I'll probably do the TF program again because it was a fast weight loss.
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:52 pm

Hello,
Wow you both have really exciting lives and a special congratulations to Dolly on the wedding in April! That really is a huge aim which will make you and your daughter feel so good when the date arrives and u can fit into something sexy!
Yeah the TF diet is going well I havent broken it as yet! Ive changed to having the shakes at night and breakfast because otherwise i feel hungry at work. The chocolate one on top of jelly is so nice!!!
Hope your all doing well!
tess88

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:56 pm

Hi Tess, great going with sticking to the TF program.
My future son-in-law just travelled down from Mt Mgnet, he's attending a 3 day teachers conference in Fremantle so he's using our guest room. It'll be so good to get some of this blubber off for their wedding.
Dolly

Postby Hayleyd » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:54 am

Hi guys..sorry been hibernating for a little while. Well not really have sprained my ankle.It happened whilst getting wood (not exercising :oops: ) and my god I was in pain!!!Had 1/2 hour to get ready for work so I put up with it and hobbled around work!!of course I didnt bother seeing anyone or taking anything for it so Ive been in pain all weekend.Yesterday finally I got a brace and some nurefon (spelling) and this morning its feeling so much better.Unfortunatly i have turned to food for comfort and that damn puppy has gone backward again by 1kg..havent changed it on my graph yet :oops:
So Im back on Tf today and I know Ive said it many times but I'm really going to try...
Hayley i hope your foot is feeling better.
Well done tess for doing so well
Hope your going good Dolly and not choking too much
back soon guys
Hayleyd
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:18 am

Hi Hayleyd, sorry to hear about your ankle, that must've been quite a painful weekend.
I'm still not doing the TF program, I'm just eating healthy normal foods.
My health still isn't good, I'll be taking lots of bed rests and vitamins today.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:24 pm

I hope you're feeling much better today Dolly. How's your ankle Hayley D?

I'm struggling with the food issue at the moment. I am so depressed about our move taking so long and I just find that I'm eating anything and everything in sight!

When we hear that our mve to Shark Bay is going ahead, I really want to get into the right frame of mind to lose weight again. The TF program works well, so I'm looking forward to starting that agin when I have some cash.

I hope everyone is well.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Hayley, I'll start the TF program again the same time you do.
I'm still experimenting with other diets at the moment hoping for some luck.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:30 pm

Hi Dolly,

Good news- when I start TF again in a week or so, my husband is going to do it with us too! It will be so helpful to have him on it as well. Will let you know when we're starting.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:29 pm

That's brilliant, I'll make sure I get enough sachets so I don't have an excuse to go off the diet when we start.
Will your husband join the forum thread with us too?
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:42 am

Hi Everyone!
How are well all?
Well this is my second week on the diet and all is well. I have broken it a couple of times as I am totally addicted to nuts. I just cant stop myself from eating them! Dolly what diets are you trying? Any progress so far? Good luck to everyone!

Tess
tess88

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:02 am

Hi Tess, congratulations on sticking to the TF program (except for the nuts of course)
For 2 days this week I was doing Clare's challenge (on the challenge thread) where you eat fruit veggies, and protein but unfortunately I caved in and ate bread (lots and lots of bread)
so today I've gone back on the Worlds Healthiest Diet - http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/ ... i_82349506
where this japanese island has over 400 people who are all over the age of 100.
the first time I tried it I recorded it on the forums thread named Daily Food Diary - link
Todays Daily Food Diary entry - link
Dolly

Postby tess88 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:14 pm

Wow! I just had a look at that then. You can eat pasta and rice! Thats amazing about all the facts, i was talking to my Mum the other day and we were discussing cancer and all these diseases that have really only been developed over the last 30 yrs. There must be something to do with our lifestyles nowadays because you dont see many Africans with cancer! Its amazing how food and lifestyle can decide whether or not we live!
tess88

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:56 pm

Yes you're so right, food has almost eveything to do with how healthy we are.
As soon as I start the Tony Ferguson diet again and lose this blubber, I'm going to go on the worlds healthiest diet that's listed above, but I'll have to eat a bit less than they state because of my hypothyroidism (it makes me gain weight real easy)
Dolly

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk