It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:31 am

Free Newsletter

I don't understand......

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I don't understand......

Postby sandradee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:36 pm

Hello

I am at the lower end of my BMI and it has taken me a while to get here! Anyway, I was talking to a few people at work (Christmas Perty event) and they were having a conversation about whether or not they would be friends with a fat person. THEY DO NOT KNOW I USED TO BE OBESE!

Anyway, I could not believe what came out of their mouths. They claimed they would but there will always be issues like the person will have self esteem problems, be insecure, be jealous, be weak and so forth :evil: Nice stereotypes, huh? Then they started with examples.....like they exercise with an overweight person and she has issues about her weight and it has caused some problems!

Did people really think this me when I was obese? OMG :oops:

I honestly, believe that I have more body issues now I am not obese ..... hard to explain but I am really critical of my body now but when I was obese I did not really mind..... until I decided I wanted to be normal size for vain reasons (I know it should be about health!)

Anyway, really just wanted to vent ............... what a sad existence some people have!!!!!
sandradee

Re: I don't understand......

Postby electrongirl » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:13 am

The sad thing is that there has to be these kinds of people out there otherwise we wouldn't appreciate the nice ones!

Don't sweat it. There are people who won't be friends with: black people, asian people, gay people, jews, catholics, christians, republicans, democrats, old, young etc etc etc etc etc etc...
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby mumnbub » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:24 am

It just goes to show you should always be careful what you say in public just in case it offends someone arround you- that was not a very nice conversation to be having at a christmas party! It takes all kinds of people to make up this world and thankfully we dont have to like them all (those ladies sound a bit to judemental to be friends with)
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Alexandra » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:39 am

I'm guessing they were young, electrongirl has made a really good point - people fear what they don't understand. Most people will put a few kilos on as they age (especially women when they have babies - its natures way of protection!) so, take some comfort that they will one day too :D But you can't waste your time and energy on such shallow people. It does take all sorts....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to Weight loss Talk