It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Free Newsletter

It's nearly the New Year...and I'm not the new me.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

It's nearly the New Year...and I'm not the new me.

Postby star » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:21 pm

Wow, this crept up on me! I really thought I'd have reached my goal by now! Christmas eating has really set me back too. Is everyone else feeling that christmas guilt?
I'm really feeling motivated to start afresh though and think I might benefit from going on a proper program. I'm thinking about Weight Watchers, anyone that can share their experiences?
star

Re: It's nearly the New Year...and I'm not the new me.

Postby mumnbub » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:23 pm

When i started my weight loss journey i wrote down my goals and was planning to be at my goal weight of 75kg by this time of year- am currently 6kg off that :( my goal weight has since been adjusted but i still wanted to be down to 75kg but thats ok cause i know i have lost plenty of weight already so i can wait a bit longer.
Good luck with your new year and your new you.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby star » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:15 pm

Thanks mumnbub. I do write down my goals but just I think I might be more disciplined if I was in a program of some sort. Have you been doing your weight loss plan yourself, or have you been involved in Weight watchers or something? 6kg is not far off!!!
star

Postby mumnbub » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi Star- I dont have any specific plan, I do sort of follow the Gabriel Method which basically is all about eating the right foods and using your mind to help you turn off the FAT programs- Healthy eating and exercise is the only thing that works for me, i tried counting caleries but even using calerie king it took time to work out my meal plan, record the food and exercise... i cant commit to that, also tried weight watchers years ago but had the same problem, tried shakes but was always hungry so went on binges at least once a week, tried lite n easy a few years ago but found the foods boring and tasteless and not as fresh as i like my food to be, so I just eat a healthy balanced diet, i rearly change my menu as what i eat i enjoy and i know its a healthy diet.

You need to find what works for you, the things i tried and failed at have worked wonders for so many people and there will be others on this site who will tell you that, but its not a one size fits all deal when it comes to losing weight, you need to try a few things until you find the one that fits into your life. Dont try and force yourself to commit to something that is just not working for you, give it a bit of a trial and if your not happy then move on.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby star » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 am

So I'm still pondering on this. I'm looking at the new weight watchers program. Keen to know some opinions? http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/plan/apr/index.aspx
star

Postby josh3963 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Hey Star

Before you go the weight watches route, have a look at these sites;

*edited to remove spam

Their all a bit different but all have very useful information when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off.

Good luck

Josh
josh3963

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Hey Star,

I have done Weight Watchers before and I lost 30kg following the program. I think it is great for teaching you healthy eating habits. I was never aware of portion sizes and the types of foods I should be eating before embarking on the program, it really taught me a lot and the support was fantastic.

I still follow the WW program now, combined with counting calories through CalorieKing but I don't attend meetings. I just can't afford it at the moment (a bit of a cop-out really).

I would recommend it if you're wanting to learn more about healthy eating and would like a plan to follow.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby star » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks a lot for the advice magicgirl and josh. i do't think it's a cop out at all, magic girl, about the price! I think that's a very valid reason.

I feel that I would like to go to meetings for a while but I think once I learn the habits, maybe I could keep on track myself...?
star

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:41 pm

I went to meetings for about 3 years, so I definitely have a hold on the principles. I also used to work at the meetings - so had to know the program.

I think you'd probably have to go to meetings for a few months to catch on to the principles and make sure you feel comfortable doing it at home.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby star » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:51 am

Well that sounds okay. I'm pretty keen to do this. I've had a good look at the program and it seems to make a lot of sense. I will call up today and sign up. Exciting! It feels good when you finally make a decision! I'm a bit of a ditherer (clearly, how long have I been thinking about this?!), but it's time to take action! Satisfaction, here I come! Woo woo!
star

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Congrats on making the decision to a healthier you!!! Walking into your first meeting and stepping on the scales will be very daunting, but just be positive and keep thinking that is the last day you will ever be that weight again!

If you have any questions about the plan etc, feel free to ask and I'm sure someone on here will be able to help.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby star » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks! That's good to know. So far, I'm all good. And I'm actually looking forward to the weigh in day!
star

Return to Weight loss Talk