It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:56 am

Free Newsletter

My body wants its fat back......

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My body wants its fat back......

Postby desert_me » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:35 am

Hello everyone

It seems that every time I lose weight, even if its a couple of kilos, the body craves its fat back.

Eg.... hunger, a weird empty body ache where the fat used to be, and all sorts of excuses in the head for getting off the diet, binge eating that won't stop...... and the weight just piles on really quickly again.

How do you get over this problem?

Postby Groovychic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:00 am

You have to try and be strong!!! It's really hard but if you can be strong for a while then the cravings will stop. I've been told it takes 7 days to break a habit! So fingers crossed you can be strong for that amount of days and then your cravings will go away!

Keep Smiling!!!

Postby Angel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:18 pm

Rochelle's right, you have to try to be strong.

Try listing all the reasons you want to lose weight, how being overweight makes you feel etc. Any time you want to binge read the list and see if they persuades you to do the opposite. This helps me.

Its also helpful if you do allow yourself a treat once in a while, its unrealistic to have an all or nothing approach, this will only lead to binging.

Its also helpful for cravings and lets face it the adjustment to healthier eating if you make small changes rather than change everything all at once - too much of a shock to the system. Try and get used to one change, then make another and so on. Remember that every little change you do moves you one step closer to your goal of losing weight.

Keep trying, you'll make it. Good luck,

Postby KimE » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:55 pm

Yep be strong, stay focused. Think about something that is better for you because you have lost some weight. Keep that in your mind and remind yourself of whatever it is when you feel the need to indulge. I find this really helps me.

Also perhaps smaller meals more often so you don't get as hungry.

Be aware of what you are doing when you get hungry. Could be it is from boredom, stress, anxiety or habit and that you are not really hungy. I found it hard being at the computer when I first changed my eating habits as I used to nibble on chips and chocolate and found myself thinking about going to the shops simply because that was what I had always done. Most of the time I wasn't even hungry.

Good luck! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Weight loss Talk