It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

Difficulties in seeing the new you?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Difficulties in seeing the new you?

Postby BondGirl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:57 pm

as the title says does anyone have difficulties seeing the weight loss?

I've lost 10kgs yet i feel the same, when i look at pictures i can see the difference but when looking in the mirror i can't even see a difference! How have people overcome this?
BondGirl

Re: Difficulties in seeing the new you?

Postby Snowflake » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:56 pm

10kg is heaps!! You should be really proud of yourself for losing that much :) I havent lost any weight this time around so I cant say I can relate but hopefully I will be able to let you know :) Dont your clothes feel so much looser? That much would make you practically have to buy a whole new wardrobe wouldnt it? Anyways im sure your head will catch up with your body. Congrats :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5WLHBp/]
Snowflake

Postby mumnbub » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:03 am

There are several ways- one, have before and after shots,not just general photoes but ones in your undies so that you can see all the areas that are changing. Two, measure yourself regually, seeing the cm decrease on all those stubborn areas is a great bost of confidance, its one way to see regually the changes. Three, your clothes, I have a pair of pants which are my measure pants, when i started they were well fitted, now i put them on without undoing the zip with ease! Being able to stand in the mirror wearing these pants on see the gap shows me how much i have lost.

The problem with just standing in the mirror is that we see ourselves every day so we always look the same to us, if you did not look at yourself for a month or so you would notice a change. I am like that with my son, I never see any changes in him from one week to the next but everyone else sees him growing up.

Hope this helps. You have already done a fantastic job losing 10kg and it will be showing even if you cant see it.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Clark Kent » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:59 am

If losing that weight has made your clothes fit looser (and since 10kg is a great effort by anyone's standards, I'd say it's pretty likely), it might be worth treating yourself to a better-fitting outfit if you can afford it. Not only can that be a great mental pick-me-up (a reward for your efforts, not to mention the cool "Wow! I fit into this size now?" factor), but it will also make your weight loss more obvious to those around you.
Clark Kent

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:10 pm

I have lost just over 80 kilos and I still have problems seeing the new me I think it is more in the mind and having something to do with our brains thinking we are physically the same person we were 12 months or however long ago. It takes time to adjust.

Just my opinion anyway.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby BondGirl » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:59 pm

i've bought new clothes in smaller size, it doesn't change the fact that i still feel the same.

some good points given though, i'll start to take measurements.
BondGirl

Return to Weight loss Talk