It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:18 am

Free Newsletter

worried about weight loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

worried about weight loss

Postby b3nx » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Hey all, been excercising for a bit now, been smashing myself in the gym, i totally push myself, it has been 2 weeks, and i have not lost 1 kilo??? i weigh around 78 and i am male and want to loose my stomach flab, i do 5 km's on the tredmill, sit ups, bench press and 20 mins on my bike... what i doing wrong?
b3nx

Re: worried about weight loss

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:55 am

What are you eating? Is it possible that you are compensating for the calories you're burning by eating more? Could you keep a food diary over a couple of days? That's a good way of seeing if you're eating more than you think you are. If you're not sure whether there's too many calories in what you eat daily you can either post your food diary here and let people have a look at it, or sign up for a profile at CalorieKing.com.au. You can enter your current weight and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating in total per day. You can then enter your day's food intake and see if you're over your allowance or not. And make sure to watch your portions. If the size of your meals is sneaking up you may be eating more than you realise.

The other option may be that you are building a lot of muscle given the amount of exercise you're doing. Muscle is denser than fat so you may weigh the same but you could still be thinner. The best option may be to go by measurements rather than the scale, especially measurements around your stomach as that's the main indicator of potential weight related health problems plus it's the area you are most concerned about. Have you noticed your clothes getting looser at all? That would be an indicator that you are currently building muscle and it's affecting your weight.

The other option is that you might be retaining water, especially if it's really hot where you live or if you have been eating a lot of salty foods.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Weight loss Talk