It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

CANT MOTIVATE MYSELF TO LOOSE WEIGHT ANYMORE.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

CANT MOTIVATE MYSELF TO LOOSE WEIGHT ANYMORE.

Postby jaydees » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:52 am

hi everyone,i have not been on here for along time as i have not been able to loose weight and am discouraged.angry and disapointed in myself.i have actually gained weight due to eating the wrong foods and cant seem to stop.i was exercising everyday for months and my weight wouldnt budge.i fe4lt disheartened and embarrased to add on my weight on my sliding scale.i also feel like i let myself down.i need to snap out of this please anyone with suggestions please help
jaydees

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi Jaydees, you're not alone. in order to keep warm during winter our bodies crave more food that will keep us warmer.

This morning I got sick of my weight going up two kilos so I decided to go back to my Fats and Figures book by Karen Daly counting out fat grams and calories.
I've put my diet on our forums Daily Food Diary thread.
The book recommends just exercising for 3 days per week
it said
Monday - 40 minute walk
Wednesday - dancing (no time was nominated so I thought I'd just dance to 4 or 5 songs)
Friday - 40 minute walk or bike ride or swim
Dolly

Postby jaydees » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:19 pm

hi dolly,thanks for your feedback.i have a brand new treadmill that i have never used cause it is in my garage.i wanted it in my loungeroom in front of my tv.my hubby said no.i know i need to atleast do some exercise and 3 times a week doesnt sound hard,especially what u said to do.and sounds fun.it is just a matter of me being focused again.u are doing so well and should be proud of your motivation.
jaydees

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:27 pm

You could probably watch TV and do 2 minutes of walking on the treadmill during the commercial break and cross off 40 digits on a piece of paper as you complete each minute.
I have a treadmill too and I think I'll do the same thing starting tomorrow (seeing we're now only exercising Monday, Wednesday, and Friday :D )

Walking across town in this weather is too cold and wet for me.
Dolly

Postby jaydees » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:36 pm

yes dolly i think i will start a new slate and start treadmill tomorrow also.i noticed u eat weightwatchers snacks too.i just put a post on asking about the points system.can u have a look at it and reply please.thanks dolly.i feel happier now i have had others to let out all of my frustrations.
jaydees

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:17 pm

I've just responded to the WW points question over on the other thread, I hope it helps. :D
click here - Link
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:08 am

Hi Jaydees,
sometimes it helps just to tell someone (or a whole group of someones) that you're struggling and I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. If it helps any, even people who have been going really well (like me as I've been steadily losing weight) can slip up. Just this week there were 2 morning teas at work where I have to say I went to town a bit on wrong foods. As a result, I've put on my first kilo since the beginning of my journey. Yes it's disheartening as I've just added another kilo I need to lose and it's like I let myself down, but I'm trying to find ways of fixing it for next time.
Mistakes only count if you keep repeating them, so try to see it as a learning experience and hopefully next time you'll be able to deal with it a bit better.
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Weight loss Talk