It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 am

Free Newsletter

anyone tried isowhey shakes

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

anyone tried isowhey shakes

Postby sevencats » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:40 pm

seen them advertised on tv,was wondering if they work?
sevencats

Re: anyone tried isowhey shakes

Postby MissMinx » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:14 am

I bought the vanilla one a few weeks ago but because ive been a bit sick lately I havent really given it a go. I'm going to only use it every second or third day and replace a lunch with it - im not going full hack and replacing 2 meals a day cause I think i would starve lol.

So yeah tastes pretty good compared so other protein shakes ive had way back.

MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:51 pm

They don't work if you have five or six in a row :oops: :oops:

If you stick to the plan, I reckon it should work reallly well. First shake program I have seen that's not absolutely loaded with sugar, and that recommends low carb food and healthy fats! Go for it is what I say :D :D

Only minus - xylitol. Blech :(
SarahC

Postby Etch » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:39 pm

The shake im using has a chemical in ti called t3 thermophase. Which is suppose to help the body break down fat and causes unused protien to pass through your system instead of becoming fat. Has anyone else heard of this or is it just another gimic?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsmzwGz/]
[/url]

For want of a nail, the horse was not shoed.
For want of a horse, the message was not delivered.
Because the message was not delivered, the war was lost.
Etch

Postby SarahC » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 pm

Google is great lol. That, what you said, has got..... Hydroxy Citric Acid, L-Carnitine, Chromium Picolinate.

Out of my head:
HCA - appetite suppressant, might assist fat burning
L-Carnitine - fat burner (and, I just found out, coupled with CoQ10 - helps make ATP which is cellular energy - woo hoo!)
Chromium - helps stabilise blood sugar levels

Can't hurt :wink:
SarahC

Postby stevo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi,

Here my take on the ISOWhey shakes:

1. They are great to use for your mid-morning or mid-afternoon snacks/ meals but should never replace the main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
2. Replacing main meals with shakes (as many of these companies suggest) is not a sustainable lifestyle. Most people who follow this approach lose weight and then put it all back on again.
3. They contain whey protein isolate (very high quality protein source) compared to many other meal replacements on the market that tend to use inferior (cheap) protein sources like, milk protein solids, etc.
4. They aren't high in cheap sugars like many of the similar meal replacements on the market.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve.
Stephen is the part-owner of Body Concepts and Focus On magazine. Stephen has been involved in the health and fitness industry for over 18 years and has a science degree from UWA.
stevo

Postby taylocis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:49 pm

hello hello!
very new member!

sooo...v. big fan of the isowhey shakes and i'm also lactose intolerant and isowhey only has 0.6gms which is fantastic compared to other powders i've used. also glad it has xylotil (however its spelt ha) in it, much preferred to fructose or sucrose. its been really effective for me, i use it to replace snacks or for a meal on the go and to replace my lunch as well. i've lost quite a bit of weight! i would really recommend it to anyway, but definitely still have a relatively balanced diet - plus exercise too!!
its been realllly popular as well, i got so many friends hooked, especially after today tonight.
taylocis

Postby taylocis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:51 pm

oh also! isowhey have brought out these snack bars! they are good, much better than a usual protein bar, not too hard.
taylocis

Postby Manc Missy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Hey,

Not tried Isowhey - I actually haven't heard of them. But as far as meal replacement goes, I think Tony Ferguson is working for me. Although, I'm sure that I will get bored soon and I know it will be difficult with maintenance.

I have 13kg left to go and I'm hoping to do it by the end of June!

Good luck!

Date started: 9th March (93.7kg)
Next weigh-in: 19th April
Half-way point: 9.4kg
Manc Missy

Postby kristal » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:55 pm

I have a friend that has had success with Isowhey shakes - she has lost about 8kgs in a relatively short about of time (a month) and is looking fantastic. She is really enjoying them.

I chose Celebrity Slim for myself after trying a few of them. It is working really well for me.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs
kristal

Postby MissSonia » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 pm

There is no doubt that you'll lose weight with any kind of shake, but once you start back onto "normal" food your chances of putting on the weight you lost (plus more) is so high, it's not worth it.
I was on Celebrity Slim for about 3 months and lost 10kg which promotes you to not eat more than 110g of carbs per day (the 2 daily shakes have 55g in total). I decided to stop having both shakes and replaced one shake with one slice of wholemeal bread with diet spread and within 2 weeks I gained 2kg. I didn't change any other aspect of my diet or exercise, nor was it TTOM, so I guess it will give you quicker results, but your chances are slim when it comes to staying at your goal weight.
MissSonia

Postby killerxcatch » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:11 pm

I tried them a couple of years ago.
Lost 5-6kg in just over a week.
But to be honest I found them to taste horrible and I hated skipping a meal for them.
Healthy food is the wiser choice in the long term. :D
killerxcatch

Return to Weight loss Talk