It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

Your reason for losing weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Your reason for losing weight?

Postby kcabbs » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:23 pm

I know this sounds really silly especially after reading other peoples reasons but my reason is that i have a 20yr school reunion in June and it scares me to death to know that i will be going as a bigger person. This is my main source of motivation, but by saying that then yeah i still want to be healthy for my children and possible fit into a pair of jeans this winter. Kris.
size 18 to 14 since November '08.

Postby Gordz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:01 pm

doesn't sound silly at all to be ckabb. I'd be doing the same, but seeing as I never finished school I don't know if i'll be having a reunion
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go

Postby misry » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:54 pm

I'm losing weight because I'm sick of looking like crap. It makes me sweat too much, Shopping for clothes is harder and really... who likes manboobs. Nuffs anuff, I've been in shape before, I didn't respect it or notice myself getting bigger, but I know i can do it again so here I go!

yes , this is the reason ...

Postby Amethyst » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:57 pm

So I can fit into my year 12 formal dress for my aunts wedding. And beyond that so people can look at me and my boyfriend and wonder how how got such a beautiful girl and My 4 year old sister wont tire me out. :lol: I know I can if I try.

Postby kristal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:38 pm

A few reasons:

1. To start looking a bit better instead of being "the bigger friend" amongst all my small petite best girlfriends
2. To generally feel better about myself - build my confidence
3. To get to my correct BMI on Wii Fit! hahaha. I know that seems silly but it says I am obese at the moment
4. To better my health - I currently have really really high blood pressure which I have told needs to come down dramatically before I do myself some damage
5. To WANT to do some exercise with my hubby on weekends - currently it seems like such a chore to go for a job with him
6. We live on the beach, and I won't put a swimming costume on because I am too self conscious.
7. To be as healthy as I can for when we want to start a family.

So there are a few reasons in there, ranging from health, to a few vain reasons as well as bettering a relationship with my hubby and our future.
SW - 71 kg
CW - 65 kg
GW - 58 kg
Weight Loss so Far = 6kgs
Weight to go = 7kgs

Postby Juzzy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 pm

My daughter.

She is two and i dont want her to remember me this way.
SW: 127.8
CW: 106.8

GW : 80 (will reassess once i get there)

21 kilos lost!

Postby neady » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:28 pm

When I was alot younger my weight kept at about the same weight give or take a couple of pounds. But as i got older my weight was easier to put on. But my body always told me when I had to stop eating, it would give me a signals. But being older the weight tends to or wants to stay. I don't like the feeling of being over weight. I feel much better when my weight is what it supposed to be for my age and height.
Last edited by Jisgone on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SPAM!

Postby think - thin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:22 pm

I want to have a great 30's and not worry about how I look like I have everyday of my 20's :(

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Postby smileyone » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:43 pm

I want to get pregnant, and I had a miscarriage last November... I have about 10-12kg to lose which doesnt seem like much (although I am short too) but its my eating habits that are the real problem... I am totally addicted to food and go on mad binges after trying to diet. that's not good for trying to have a baby... I'm just over it and I figure the day after Easter is a good day to start... I'm going to need support though... I need to believe that this isn't "just another diet".

Postby BondGirl » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:50 pm

I have several reasons:

1- to improve my self esteem
2- to like what i see in the mirror & say i'm beautiful (just to believe it in myself)
3- to be able to fit into nice clothes and not feel like the biggest person in the room
4- to get fit & healthy before BondBoy & I start trying for a baby

I made a bet with my trainer that I will be reaching my goal weight by end of May. With hard work, effort i will do this (fingers crossed)

Postby Kellicopter » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 am

think - thin wrote:I want to have a great 30's and not worry about how I look like I have everyday of my 20's :(

5 kg's to goooooooo. The hard 5 ;)

Postby lemmish » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 pm

My reason is so I don't end up like my parents (as horrible as that sounds).
My mum and dad have both had weight loss (gastric sleeve) surgery. I love them both unconditionally, but I never want to be that out of control. I don't ever want to let it get that bad.
And also, my father was only 46 when he had a heart attack last November. It scared the hell out of all of us, and we all vowed to eat properly and take care of ourselves. But soon enough I fell back into old habits and that scares the hell out of me.

Postby alison » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 pm

I have so many reasons to want to lose wieght - some sensible and some not :wink:

I want to be a fit and healthy mum/role model for my 5yr old - especially as it's just the two of us now.
I want to fit into some of the attractive clothes hiding in my wardrobe, rather than living in frumpy jeans every day (because I hate buying clothes for myself while I'm overweight).
There is a history of heart problems in my dad's family and I want to minimise any risks in that area. I have an apple shape which puts strain on the heart when you're overweight.
I want to feel *pretty* again! I don't feel pretty now. :cry:

Postby kelvinator » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Gosh where to start. I know-a list. (Gotta love a list)
1. To prove to myself that I can do it again.
2. To be an inspiration to my BF who needs to lost about 30kgs
3. To look good and enjoy clothes shopping again.
4. To take pride in my appearance.
5. To have the confidence to get that job.
6. To feel on top of everything-even on top of the world.

Return to Weight loss Talk