It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:22 am

Free Newsletter

Anyone on the Betalife diet?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone on the Betalife diet?

Postby serenity » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:03 am

Hey, is anyone else on the betalife diet? The program has its own site but it cost $$ to be able to chat with others, and i think that sucks!
I'd really love to be able to talk to some others about the diet im on and stuff (you know how it is!)
I suppose the big question is....how does anyone happily eat salads in winter? Winter is baked dinner, soup kind of a season, and while soups are ok on this diet, you're supposed to eat raw stuff.
Can anyone help? Give some hints? Would much appreciate it!

serenity
'To Trudge'
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
serenity

Postby Dolly » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:47 am

Hi Serenity, I'm not on the Betalife program, but being on the Tony Ferguson program I know how you feel about eating raw crunchy salads in this weather.
One thing I used to do was to buy the ready made salad bags from woolworths, cook up my piece of chicken and chop it into small pieces then toss the hot chicken into the cold salad.
OR perhaps you could place all the spinach, celery, cucumber and beetroot etc into a juicer and drink the raw goodness down.
Dolly

Postby serenity » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:44 pm

Thanks for the tip, hot chicken on your salad could help. Ive been on this diet in summer and it wasnt a problem, but theres just something about winter that makes me want to cook..., you know, creamy pastas, steaming cassaroles, baked deserts. Its the only time i EVER feel like cooking.. :roll: !
I suppose i have the added incentive of my health, i have reached the point where i have good reason to believe my digestive system is about to go to hell, and i reckon all the fresh natural stuff is going to be the only way to come out ontop (or at the very leat without any horrible medical procedures :shock: !)
Anyway, thanks for the tip, will give it a shot!
Serenity
'To Trudge'
[/url]
serenity

Postby KimE » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:09 pm

Hi serenity and welcome to the forum.

Livy is on the betalife program but hasn't been on in awhile. You could maybe find one of her posts and contact her by email or pm.

Not sure if she is still doing it though but it's worth a try.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby serenity » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:26 am

Thanks Kim, will do!!! :D
serenity
'To Trudge'
[/url]