It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

TeMpTaTiOn

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

TeMpTaTiOn

Postby Brette » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:38 pm

I have a massive problem! I live in a house with my 24 year old boyfriend who is addicted to coke (as am I :roll: ) and an 18 and a 19 year old and, as money is tight and junk seems to be cheaper, our house is full of crap...and to top it all off, I have NO will power. Can anyone suggest anything?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Brette

Postby Dolly » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:07 pm

Hi Brette,
Coke and other fizzy drinks strip the body of calcium causing arthritis. It also has so much sugar in it that it turned a friend of mine into an insulin dependant diabetic (non reversible)

If you're on diet coke there are also a few horror stories written about it. link 1 and Link 2

There is nothing that can stop you from eating the snacks your friends bring into the house except for you.
You alone have to set your mind on reaching your goal, your friends care about their lives, you have to care about yours.
Read a few of these reasons why you should lose that extra weight, it might help you stay strong - Link
Another thing that might work is buying yourself a chunky ring or a big beady bracelet, so that everytime you reach forward to grab food you'll see this piece of jewelry and it'll remind you to Stay Away from eating Fat (don't tell anyone in the house what the jewelry means, it's just your secret code for yourself)
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:30 am

That'a a good tip dolly about the bracelet. I bought myself a tibetan yak bone bracelet with a carving that means success so that ever time I see it it reminds me to keep on track. I should probably start wearing it again.

Temptations are a problem for me at the work moring teas lately and have contributed to an extra 2 kgs to lose now. I've decided to make mysielf a nice herbal tea which are yummy and give me the hand to mouth action so that I don't feel silly standing there while everyone else is eating.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:23 am

Hi Tegan, it's always nice to have something to nibble on during morning tea isn't it, so why not bring in a plate with six cucumber slices on it, be sure to blot the moisture off each slice then completely cover the top surface with some extra lite phillidelphia fat free cream cheese, then place a pretty garnish on the top being the rounded end slice of a cherry tomato.

If everyone is jealous and inquiring about your healthy morning tea, you could bring a plate in once per week for all of them to enjoy
or alternatively you could just tell them to all bugger-off and make their own cucumber crackers Image
Dolly

Postby KimE » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:24 pm

:lol:
Loved that Dolly. Those cucumber crackers sound great that and the bit about telling evryone to bugger off and make their own. :D

I usually have sliced apple but they all felt sorry for me I think and now who's ever turn it is supplies something healthy. 8) I'm working on them from the inside!

However, hubby and I spent the weekend at a hotel and I'm sure you can figure what that means....I'm off to the confessional!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:32 pm

lol
Dolly

Return to Weight loss Talk