It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Free Newsletter

2kg weight change b4 and after sleeping!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

2kg weight change b4 and after sleeping!!

Postby Rams75 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 am

This can not be normal surely. I can weigh myself b4 goin to bed and again when i wake up and be 2kg lighter!!

Is this normal? What is going on in my bed when Im asleep?

sounds like Im havin a hell of a workout without knowing about it :shock:
Rams75

Re: 2kg weight change b4 and after sleeping!!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 am

Most of that weight would be water. We lose a lot of water during our 8 hours of sleep, which is why some people need a glass of water by their bed and most of us feel dehydrated when we wake up. 2kg is a lot, but given it's usually about a kilo that you lose overnight in water that's not too far outside of what's normal. If it's something that concerns you you might want to talk to your GP about it.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: 2kg weight change b4 and after sleeping!!

Postby Mandie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:53 am

Also, how much food did you eat during the day/especially at dinner? It takes a few hours for food to leave the stomach and make its way down the intestinal tract.. much of that food gets turned into energy, used for keeping you alive. Some of it ends up travelling the whole way, and becomes poo... if you factor in the water losses, losses from food being turned into energy, and then actual losses through going to the toilet etc, 2kg can easily happen - especially once you factor in the variability in most sets of scales (even good scales have about 10% inaccuracy range!)
Mandie

Return to Weight loss Talk