It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Ultimate Ideal Weight...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Ultimate Ideal Weight...

Postby roxy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:08 pm

Ok, i would like to know my ultimate ideal weight, not a range of weights my absolute most beneficial weight.

I am 20yrs old approx 151cms (5foot1) and at the moment i weigh 61 kgs.

i have tried searching but have only found ranges.
if anyone could give me some more info it would be greatly appreciated. if you need anymore info pm me... :D

ta
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
roxy

Your ideal weight.

Postby admin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi Roxy,

there's a good reason you have only found ranges for your ideal weight and that's because:

1) Our body weight fluctuates regularly,
2) Our body weight is affected by our body composition (ratio of fat and muscle for example) and
3) At the end of the day there is a healthy range for your ideal body weight within which there is a point at which "you" feel most comfortable and happy (it's an individual thing).

There are a number of ways that you can determine your ideal weight range, but these themselves only provide a guide.

For example, our Body Mass Index is one guide, but this isn't really applicable for heavily muscled people or pregnant women for example because it doesn't make allowances for larger than average muscles and carrying babies.

Usually the best approach is to not just use "weight" as your guide but also use body measurements (hip to waist ratio for example) and percentage of body fat measurements.

I hope I haven't made you more confused than clear on this issue, but as you can see there is no exact ideal weight other than that at which you minimize the known health risks associated with being overweight or underweight and feel good and comfortable about yourself.

Good luck with finding "your" ideal weight and please let us all know how you go with it!

Scott. :D
admin
Site Admin

Postby swans05 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:00 pm

my 1st post here so i hope it's a good one...i've found that a lot of people and mostly females focus 2 much on a certain wt number...although it's important to have goals, i urge my client's to fcus on bodyfat %...61kg with 18% bodyfat will look better than 57kg with 24% bodyfat...in that regard anything from about 16 - 22ish 5 wood b ideal 4 ur age but as stated above a lot of it is individualised and they're only guides...i also urge my clients to go by how they look in the mirror and see if there is definition where there wasn't b4 as well as seeing how ur clothes fit
swans05

Return to Weight loss Talk