It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

revenge weight loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: revenge weight loss

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:06 pm

As much as I want to say I'm doing it all for myself, which IS mostly true...I want to be fit and healthy so I can live a healthy happy life.

HOWEVER...I was picked on and ridiculed pretty much all through high school. I was the FAT CHICK and the FAT SISTER. Since I lost 15kg last year, I've gotten a few tine bits of that back. A guy I thought was a bit of alright (and who picked my skinnier sister over me) saw me out one night... "Wow, you look different!" Was his exclamation. My thought was "wow...so do you" as he'd put on a hell of a lot of weight...I just smiled and walked away though. I have my man, who loves me, fat or skinny (though I prefer the latter).

I am waiting patiently for my 10 year high school reunion. Not to prove it to all the guys who didn't want me though. To rub it in the faces of the GIRLS whos joke I was canstantly the (rather large) butt of. I've seen a few of them since we left school and have laughed at how the tables have turned. Not that I want to be the not-so-fat-anymore girl who laughs at the not-so-skinny-anymore girl, but I'mglad they have some knowledge of how it feels to be on the other end of the scales. I can't wait for the night when I walk through the doors with my amazing boyfriend (who was also picked on by the same people) and see everyone's jaws drop...they're jeallousy and envy at my happiness will be my ultimate revenge.

Then there's the "fat me" in my mind who would always tell me I'd never be what I'm slowly becoming...that's the big one...

long winded post ended.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby Robin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:25 am

Well done on the weight loss. :D

Some people are "late bloomers" like flowers. They reach their best later and last longer than the early bloomers. :D

Enjoy your new self - and keep giving yourself positive affirmations e.g. "I am naturally fit, slim, and healthy", or "I crave healthy, nutritious food and drinks". It helps if you make a recording of positive affirmations and play it as you go to sleep.
Robin

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm

miranda-jane, the year 10 reunion thing is quite something let me tell you. Not that I lost weight for that reason, but I had mine last year and it was kind of a good feeling to have all the guys there around me at one point including one guy who I had the hots for in high school say something along the lines of "but you were always the centre of attention" knowing full well he would never have looked at me sideways at the time. It felt rather odd actually, and slightly uncomfortable.

And one person who was very sporty and I was actually friends with but at one point in HS made a direct comment to me that I should share some of my ass with my (skinny) sister was there - they'd put on quite a bit and were eating some very humble pie and actually asking me about how I'd lost my weight and talking about what they were doing to lose theirs.

I was sad that some of the people who had had so much confidence at high school had lost it, apparently because of gaining some weight (body image should never be confused with self image), and that some people were obviously lonely and looking still despite their school years popularity. Hopefully they all go on to find the happiness they deserve. They were just teenagers when they hurt me, and as an adult I know that most of them would probably regret having said and done what they did if they had any idea.

But that little petulant child in me who had been hurt by many of them in high school was doing a little happy dance at the same time.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby miranda*jane » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:11 pm

You gotta love those petulant little children, hey? Heh. My inner fattie-teenager does a happy dance everytime I see someone from school who's gotten bigger.

I do feel bad for them, because I know allto well how horrible it is tonot like what you see in the mirror.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby Samantha Jean » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Yeah I have my high school reunion coming up this year and am hoping to lose as much as I can before then. I was always quite thin at school and would hate for people to be looking at me and wondering what happened. Although I did have 3 children since then it is still no excuse. I would rather them say she hasn't changed much than she put some weight on.
Samantha Jean

Postby Oliviasf » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:18 am

I do really want to loose weight for me, but want to look good at my sister's wedding in December 09. She is super slim and I'm so happy for her - no I really do adore my sister and she does me. But I used to be slimmer than her! No rivelry there hey :wink:
My father commented on my figure when I was back home, but I'd just had a baby a few weeks before!!! How cruel even though it was innocently said.
So I really want people to look at me and think it would be hard to believe I've had a baby this year.
Oli
Goal is to lose another 2 kgs

Starting : 69.5 kg
Goal 65 kg - reached 5/11/09
Goal 64 kg - reached 15/01/10
Goal 62 kg - reached 30/04/10
Goal 61 kg - reached 01/06/2010
Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

Postby Fireball » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:20 am

A woman I met at a club I attended looked gorgeous and had a great figure. She showed me pics of how extremely overweight she used to be. Her Ex who always put her down, had an affair and left her for someone else. She was devastated but decided to use it as motivation. She trained every day.
12 months later she rode a bicyle to his house and knocked on the door. When he opened it she said, "Look at me now. It was there all along but you didn't look after it. Now you're gone Tah Dah." Got back on her bicycle in her oh so tiny shorts and rode off. She rode the bike there to show him how hot and fit she was. He rang her shortly after and asked her to get back together. She told him he wasn't her type. :lol:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Sassyt » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:18 am

I have been looking for this thread for almost the whole day. I saw this thread just after I have joined the forum and I knew I related but was not sure how successful the journey will be. Ohhh Im so happy I found it now that I know I am loosing and counting :) ...

I haven't lost nearly half as much as I want to loose eventually. My ultimate goal weight is 70kg and Im still at 96.6ish kg but I do relate a lot to the revenge weight loss. Don't get me wrong this weight loss journey I have decided to take is basically for me but not only me, its to also see the people that has been mean to me about my weight eat their words. Being overweight has stolen my self esteem from me, stolen my social life from me and it has overshaded my beauty more of the outer beauty than inner (lol). I have decided to claim that back and on top of that I want to be healthy and I want to be fit as a result Ill be happy and comfortable in me. Im already at ease Im no longer feeling under pressure to loose weight I am now enjoying the journey as I go.

One of my best friend who is also overweight and I personally think that she looks much bigger than me. The only difference is she has a pear-shaped figure and Im more like an apple. She once made fun of me at the party that we both been to. Im not sure why she did that. It could be because she was drawing attention away from her or just to make herself feel better because she really believed I was bigger than her. Even if that was true I did not expect such humiliation from her at all.

Anyway what she did was, while we were all sitting, drinking and nibbling on some steak in a sort of a cycle position with a whole lot of people,some I did not even know, she just started commenting (loudly) about my tummy. She said things like its so big it looks like I have an anaconda tied around my waist. Now everyone turned all their attention to me. All I said was "what about yours" I asked her to look at her tummy and than rethink what she has just said. That was the most embarassing moment for me. The whole conversation went on to an extent that she shouted that people must please come and judge whose tummy is bigger???? :cry: :cry: :cry: Anyway I tried loosing weight after that whole scene (for revenge) and I did loose some few KGs and the fell off the wagon I then gained more than before. I hope it does not happen this time around :?

Anyway this morning the very same friend came to see me at work. By the way the last time she saw me I weighed 105.8ish and today I weigh 96.8 if not less cos the last time I weighed was Monday. I was wearing my small cut sz 40 pants with a nice shirt and a coat; I was feeling really good; I must say I also have had few compliments for the day about my look and how Im doing great with my weight loss and she decided to come today :) :) :) . The look on her face when I moved to her car was just PRICELESS... Im not surprised that she did not say 1 comment about the way I look for I have leant what kind of a person she is... She was looking as fat as ever by the way.

She is not the only one Id like to get back at with my smoking hot bod theres quite a few. All those that made comments like "do you think its possible" everytime I mention that I want to loose weight... and all those that has said It looks like I have always been big and will never loose weight will be eating their words pretty soon!!!

Pheeewwww!!! Thanks I feel great after I have told my story... I feel like I wont fail this time around. Whenever I seem to be slippering I will sure just come and visit this thread just to take me back on track!!!

Good luck to all, lets do this! :)

T
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Robin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:12 am

Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing well.

The main thing is to slowly lose weight so your body has time to adjust. If you do it too fast, there is often a re-bound effect (because your body thinks there is a famine and goes into survival mode by slowing your metabolism).

I would love to meet all those who have put me down and judged me over the years solely on my weight. I am sure that many would now be overweight or even obese - chickens do have a habit of coming home to roost. :lol:
Robin

Postby sarahm » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:27 am

hello all! have just read thru the posts here, a great array of stories. my personal experience is i was heavy in high school(but light compared to recently!) suffered all the associated self-estemm issues. when i left school i lost heaps of weight, and stayed around 65kgs for many years.then i got to 52kgs and found i was in the 'thin' group-weird because it made me somehow now 'worth' more t society. from 52kgs my weight crept up to 105kgs and i became invisible! now i am going back down-am 77ish and people can 'see' me again. hmmm. all a bit heart-breaking. i have always been ME! find ot eternally disappointing that society judges me so much on appearance! its crap. men are turning in the street to appreciate my body-weird after being non-existent for a couple of years. anyway, i prefer MYSELf thinner,r love the choice of clothes and feeling lighter. can only hope in a couple of hundred years everyone might have gotten over all this SHALLOW behaviour. to all who have posted on here-your inner beauty shines thru on your posts and WE who have walked this journey have integrity and insight the others can only dream to possess. xx
sarahm

Postby michael4 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 am

We all think about perfect body shape, but just a few of us really work hard in order to achieve desired state.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Using your signature for advertising violates forum rules.
michael4

Postby Robin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 pm

The "magical product" for me is a combination of LOTS more vegetables, more water, low fat (extra light) philly cheese (instead of butter or marg), rolled oats, an OCCASIONAL steamed potato in its jacket sprinkled with mixed herbs and a SMALL amount of tasty cheese.

I use fruit as my "sweet treat" - but always buy small size fruits (lunchbox). I eat little bread, pasta, or rice, but when I do, it is always a small quantity of the best quality wholemeal/brown/wholegrain.

Brown rice has a great nutty flavour and makes a very satisfying meal if you mix a small tin of tuna through it after cooking. Add a few frozen veggies to bulk and balance the meal.

I keep some frozen meals on hand e.g. "Lean Cuisine" (or similar) - for times when I come home, fancy a proper meal, but don't feel like starting to cook.

Keep in mind that even small adjustments make a BIG difference over a period of time. :)
Robin

Postby lil_weiron » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:02 pm

this thread kinda stopped for a while there... I read through this thread and its quite amazing.. its almost as if its in our nature to want to impress someone else.. most people find their motivation from thinking about the reactions of ex's or mean people when they see them for the first time in a long time..

Personally I want to impress my fiance, I know he loves me just the way I am, but when we first started dating I weighed a nice 68Kg.. and given we have a 6 month old baby together now, I am battling to lose the weight and ultimately i am at the heaviest point ive ever been in my life..

having said.. his ex got back with her ex and married him less then a year after they had separated.. before me and my fella started dating we were friends and she went around slandering me saying i got with him while they were together etc (total BS) if anything it was her spreading lies about us that brought us closer then friends.. guess that backfired for her then.. but now im weighing in around the same as what she is and that bothers me.. id like to get back to my old self so if i ever do see her she wont get any satisfaction out of the weight i've put on..

I cant get no satisfaction out of losing weight to look good for my ex as he is one of them fellas that like the heavy girls.. i was just never heavy when i was with him LOL cant win either way!

but an interesting point to bring to the conversation is.. dont let what they think bring you down because people like that will never be happy.. they'll call you fat when ur big .. believe it or not a few years ago i used to weigh in at 48kg.. and i used to get teased and humiliated by my "best friend" she'd say things like "oh here comes size 2" or tell me to "go eat another carrot" .. what she didnt know was the reason i lost most of my weight back then was because i was stressed and dealing with alot of family issues.. the last thing i needed was my bestie turning against me.. i used to eat like a pig but the weight dropped off me due to the stress..

point being it doesnt matter what size you are these people are MEAN people and they will always have something bad to say about you regardless of your size so if u use them as motivation to lose weight thats great but ultimately make sure your doing it for yourself as well to make yourself happy !!
ImageImage
lil_weiron

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk